Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 05:10 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
They actually used to teach Civics and History in our schools.
Now they just promote Anti-American Leftist Talking Points.
Schools are Political Arms of the Left, just as the Media is.
What's it like living in a world where you're opposed to facts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 05:42 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,119,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Pacificism is a tricky word.

And as an anarchist (voluntarist) I don't believe in the State therefore all violent actions conducted by the governments of the world for political gain are immoral to me.

I only believe in 2 things: the non-aggression principle and the respect of private property rights.

Defensive violence is of course acceptable. But here again, not believing in statism I simply apply this to my self-ownership. Simply put, I am my own country.
The problem with this line of thinking is that when others ban together and build better weapons they will just wipe you out. That is why nation states are requried. The problem is when a military is expiditionary and service is compulsury, that is slavery to the elite class, the military now is effectivly a VERY cheap group of mercenaries for the filthy rich buisness interests.

Maybe if we had 2 militaries, one you could join to actually defend the nation that looked like a modern day knights templar and the other where the smug loud mouths (you know the ones, the ones that think of themselves with gandure because they went and did some push ups and got sleep deprived by some drill sgt with a God complex) and the arrogant could go fight expiditionary wars for the rich.

Old 10-14-2017, 05:45 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,119,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
California will find out all about how the US wages war if they push their Caliexit much farther LOL. They will be hauling bodies out by the train car loads.
Fed govt already has surplus mass plastic coffins for just such an event.

Old 10-14-2017, 05:58 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't know why code red is so bad. Hazing is necessary, sometimes.
I hate hazing because in every case of it I’ve seen, it’s always a fragile person that gets hazed. People who won’t atand for it never get hazed. And fragile people NEVER become less fragile as a result. There’s nothing wrong with the fact that some people aren’t as strong as others.

My first unit, the 1/509th ABCT in Vicenza, Italy, was into hazing newbies. It had been a long tradition. Cherry Party, they called it. They would get them drunk and beat the hell out of ‘em. You’d see the guy in formation the next day looking like hell with his face looking it’d been thru a meat grinder. Just awful.

I was a PFC when I got to my unit, and in the latrine one morning after coming out of the shower, this corporal let it be known that my time is coming, and I should get ready for it. I laughed and told him that I don’t drink, so they weren't gonna catch me drunk, and if they happen to catch me sober and try it, they’d better kill me.

Needless to say, I was the only Private that came in my cohort group that avoided the beating. To me, it just smacked of needless bullying. If you have a guy who is a poor soldier and he’s a fragile or weak soul, the proper thing to do is to have the NCO’s chapter him out of the service using the proper channels of counseling statements and keeping the company commander informed.... not beating the hell out of him.

Old 10-14-2017, 06:01 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I hate hazing because in every case of it I’ve seen, it’s always a fragile person that gets hazed. People who won’t atand for it never get hazed. And fragile people NEVER become less fragile as a result. There’s nothing wrong with the fact that some people aren’t as strong as others.

My first unit, the 1/509th ABCT in Vicenza, Italy, was into hazing newbies. It had been a long tradition. Cherry Party, they called it. They would get them drunk and beat the hell out of ‘em. You’d see the guy in formation the next day looking like hell with his face looking it’d been thru a meat grinder. Just awful.

I was a PFC when I got to my unit, and in the latrine one morning after coming out of the shower, this corporal let it be known that my time is coming, and I should get ready for it. I laughed and told him that I don’t drink, so they weren't gonna catch me drunk, and if they happen to catch me sober and try it, they’d better kill me.

Needless to say, I was the only Private that came in my cohort group that avoided the beating. To me, it just smacked of needless bullying. If you have a guy who is a poor soldier and he’s a fragile or weak soul, the proper thing to do is to have the NCO’s chapter him out of the service, not beat the hell out of him.
yeah you are probably right.

Thank you for sharing your story, dd.

Old 10-14-2017, 06:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
yeah you are probably right.

Thank you for sharing your story, dd.

Old 10-14-2017, 06:05 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
The argument could be made that WW2 was fought for freedom, although it's difficult since many righties claim Stalin was far worse than Hitler and he took over many countries Hitler occupied.

Nevertheless, there has be no war the US has engaged in the past 70 years that has been fought to preserve our freedom. Besides, in the vast majority of oppression throughout world history, the oppression almost always comes from within

If the US ever becomes oppressive, it will be at the hands of other Americans
This is actually occurring now. Trump is a Hitler wannabe but lacks the charisma.

Old 10-14-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
California will find out all about how the US wages war if they push their Caliexit much farther LOL. They will be hauling bodies out by the train car loads.
Same goes for Texas.

Old 10-14-2017, 06:08 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
They actually used to teach Civics and History in our schools.
Now they just promote Anti-American Leftist Talking Points.
Schools are Political Arms of the Left, just as the Media is.
The question remains.
Have you ever been denied any of your constitutional liberties due to an occupying army and through force of arms?
No.
You haven't. No one has. Ever since the revolution. Like the OP said, no living person has ever been denied our fundamental liberty.

And no one ever will, because there will never be an occupying army to make it possible for as long as the United States of America exists as a nation.

Belief in anything otherwise is fantasy.

Old 10-14-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The question remains.
Have you ever been denied any of your constitutional liberties due to an occupying army and through force of arms?
No.
You haven't. No one has. Ever since the revolution. Like the OP said, no living person has ever been denied our fundamental liberty.

And no one ever will, because there will never be an occupying army to make it possible for as long as the United States of America exists as a nation.

Belief in anything otherwise is fantasy.
Word of advice: try not to use logic and facts when dealing with conservatives. They don't like it. They get confused and angry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies