Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2017, 02:21 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
How does one ‘sensationalize’ an event where an angry white male enters a church full of families, shouts “everybody die **********” and kills over 20 innocent people, including babies?

Nobody needs to ‘sensationalize’ that. Just reporting it is horrifying enough.
And That goes back to the actual Root of the Problem, why are crazy people walking our streets. No we cannot stop them all, but we must deal with the Real Issue, Mental Illness. Or continue to sweep it under the rug and keep blaming, politics, religion, guns, and anything else we can think of because we are uncomfortable dealing with Reality as it Is. Normal People do Not even consider murdering a bunch of church members, children, a concert audience, or bicycle riders, that takes something very disconnected to consider. We need to address the Problem or continue to pay the price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 02:22 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I have addressed that in another thread that was titled as gun violence.
I have posted deaths relevant to gun violence.
It is your sides emotional interpretation and manipulation to skew numbers to include suicide, accidents/negligent discharges as gun violence.

If we are being honest... And your premise is preservation of life... There are FAR many other things that need to be legislated and regulated. FAR more.
Emotion does not work on me. NOR should it work on anyone. It is feeble at best.
Also it does not help your cause with the attitude you hold, as if you are some how anointed to make a judgement call on mental health and labeling anyone who is a firearm owner/enthusiast/constitutionalist implied as deranged. Like your own words below...

Really now, what is more tyranical.
Suggesting everyone and future generations be limited and restricted access to the weapons they want to defend themselves, their communities.
Suggesting everyone practice their constitutionally backed rights to keep and bear arms as they see fit.

Tell me which is tyrannical or you can only resort to knee jerk emotional tirades?
If you are willing to murder or be killed over a piece of wood and metal, then you are deranged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Because if we are being honest...
Gun violence...

Biological Weapons that are Reported

Whats your answer to that one? Create a registry? Perform background checks before engaging in frivolous activities like promiscuous sex and IV drug use?

Private Transportation

Leading causes of death

Heart disease. Ban Fast Food. Perform background checks on fat people? Limit sedentary lifestyle activities?
The hilarity about posting up all these other statistics is that people are trying to do their best to address them via technology, medicine, health procedures, safety regulations, etc.

The one exception is with guns. Where any attempt at addressing the issue is met with resistance.

Old 11-07-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
And That goes back to the actual Root of the Problem, why are crazy people walking our streets. No we cannot stop them all, but we must deal with the Real Issue, Mental Illness. Or continue to sweep it under the rug and keep blaming, politics, religion, guns, and anything else we can think of because we are uncomfortable dealing with Reality as it Is. Normal People do Not even consider murdering a bunch of church members, children, a concert audience, or bicycle riders, that takes something very disconnected to consider. We need to address the Problem or continue to pay the price.
And how to propose we address this problem?

Old 11-07-2017, 02:29 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
The one exception is with guns. Where any attempt at addressing the issue is met with resistance.
What would you propose to stop PEOPLE from committing violent crime with a gun that would reduce, or stop the problem without affecting law abiding citizens? Not feel good laws, but actual measures to address violent people.

Old 11-07-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
What would you propose to stop PEOPLE from committing violent crime with a gun that would reduce, or stop the problem without affecting law abiding citizens? Not feel good laws, but actual measures to address violent people.

1.) Ban on handguns, semi-autos, any mag feed firearm.

2.) If you are caught with a firearm that is not registered to you its an automatic felony and minimum. sentence of 10 years in prison.

3.) Any crime committed with a gun gets an additional 10 years added to the sentence.

4.) A massive tax on the sale of ammunition

Guns need to become very hard to acquire and possess and the repercussions for using them need to be so severe that gangs and petty criminals don't even bother with them. As for spree shooters, if they can't get a hold of a gun they won't use them.

Look at explosives. Very hard to get a hold of, hence nobody uses them. Its why we lose 6 people a year to explosives but 12,000 to firearms.

Old 11-07-2017, 02:52 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
It is not only the mentally ill. We have people who are just evil. We have people who believe that violence is the only answer to everything. With stuff like that going on, it is no surprise the levels of violence we have in society. The way I see it, if I can't trust a person with a gun, I can't trust said person with a car.

My father, he isn't perfect. No one is. However, I can trust him with a gun. I've seen with guns (I've never seen him shoot a gun though). There were times growing up I forgot there were guns in the house. It never scared me. I grew up around kids who had access to real guns. Those kids never scared me. It was the kids who carried blades that scared me.

Old 11-07-2017, 02:53 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:

2.) If you are caught with a firearm that is not registered to you its an automatic felony and minimum. sentence of 10 years in prison.

3.) Any crime committed with a gun gets an additional 10 years added to the sentence.

Guns need to become very hard to acquire and possess and the repercussions for using them need to be so severe that gangs and petty criminals don't even bother with them. As for spree shooters, if they can't get a hold of a gun they won't use them.

Look at explosives. Very hard to get a hold of, hence nobody uses them. Its why we lose 6 people a year to explosives but 12,000 to firearms.
Again, that largely effects only the law abiding. Criminals STEAL guns, or buy them illegally on the street. They also steal ammunition. So when you say ban all handguns, semi-autos and mag fed firearms you mean mandatory confiscation form those that legally possess them? That will only disarm the law abiding, as criminals will not turn in their guns.

So you would push to repeal the 2A, as that would be the only way to get this passed into law.

Old 11-07-2017, 03:05 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,355,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Again, that largely effects only the law abiding. Criminals STEAL guns, or buy them illegally on the street. They also steal ammunition. So when you say ban all handguns, semi-autos and mag fed firearms you mean mandatory confiscation form those that legally possess them? That will only disarm the law abiding, as criminals will not turn in their guns.

So you would push to repeal the 2A, as that would be the only way to get this passed into law.
In order for KenFresno to accomplish his goals he's gonna' need people with guns to carry it out. Guns are okay with KenFresno as long as they are used to impose his will on the rest of us. Yet KenFresno has stated that "gun enthusiast are the tyranny"? I guess that going on house to house searches without probable cause, confiscating peoples property and arresting them would not be considered tyranny in the warped mind of KenFresno? KenFresno wouldn't recognize tyranny if it hit him square in the ass and knocked him flat on his face. After all he lives in California. Thank God that at least as of now we have a 2nd Amendment and Constitutional law to ensure our civil liberties from the KenFresno's of the world. How long that remains is anyone's guess? Not long if KenFresno has his way.

Yet the KenFresno's of the world just can't seem to understand why we so vehemently oppose them?

Last edited by Ex New Yorker; 11-07-2017 at 03:25 PM..

Old 11-07-2017, 03:10 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,737 times
Quote:

So just.... repeal the 2nd, shut down and ban the entire industry, outlaw hundreds of millions of currently legally owned private property, ban the vast majority of those in existence, and confiscate the private property of hundreds of millions of citizens, all the while funding what would be one of the most unpopular government mandates since the civil war, while creating a police state to violate us citizens. ?

Old 11-07-2017, 03:17 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,226,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL IRON View Post
There are millions of people who disagree with you.
Ok... There's probably million more who do agree... Neither of us know the numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies