Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2017, 03:47 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Not good for hunting? I take pigs with both AK and AR platform rifles...
Not good for hunting

30-30 is DEVASTATING to a hog. 5.56 in 1 ear out the other.
7.62x39 out to 100 yards clean through the shoulder and into the heart. Where as the 30-30 would destroy the shoulder, fragment and might hit the heart.

What about 3 gun competitions that I and many others compete in?

You want to shut down an industry that employs 1000s to suit your feeble desire?

I have a better idea.

How about we purge California of republicans, Let California break off become it's own country and let all those who hate freedom and want government paid health insurance and college move there? Send all liberals to California and let it be it's own country.
If you want to do something like that... then, here's an idea you might like, why not move all republicans to some remote island, and give them all the guns they want.... let's see how many are still standing after about 6 mon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 03:55 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,335 times
Quote:
The fact the NFA and Hughes Amendment exist violates 2nd Amendment rights.

I don't know how many times I have to say this... basic tools make a basic forge and with household chemicals and metals one could build everything that's available and more.

What you propose only tests ingenuity.
Good luck on banning knowledge and banning scrap metals.
So why don't more criminals make bombs then, if this all so easy?

Old 11-07-2017, 04:47 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
And how to propose we address this problem?
I have a few ideas, I was hoping someone had some better ones but,
Step 1 of mine might be:
Society has to change in fundamental ways in how we view mental illness.

Old 11-07-2017, 04:51 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
So why don't more criminals make bombs then, if this all so easy?
Guns are easier but if push really comes to shove explosives are not hard to produce, you have most of it under your kitchen sink and in your garage. Don't rush it, on our current pace that will come soon enough.

Old 11-07-2017, 04:54 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,354,336 times
Quote:
Hey we're from NY...

We've been to NY DMVs...

NY showed those who've paid attention how corrupt government is. How government can not operate within a budget. How government doesn't produce a product, a good, or service, but comes up with interesting ways to generate revenue via taxation and fines.

Nobody will listen to us though. They're brainwashed into thinking the government is so awesome.
Yet...

Trump=Hitler.
Turn in your guns there are police officers.
Yet.
Police officers are trigger happy racist and just thugs with badges...

Such interesting times to be alive.
We aren't any more, we can thank God for that. I think we should both change our monikers. I really don't want anything to do with that God awful state. I'm now a proud Arizonan.

New York's not the place for us. Besides Cuomo "I'll Duce" declared that we are not welcome there. Good riddance there Andy we sure as hell don't mss the likes of you and thee most corrupt legislature in the country. You even had the gall to name the new Tappan Zee Bridge after your low life father. Arrogance runs deep in the Cuomo clan.

We sure do have first hand experience of how corrupt government is. New York's got it in spades.

Quote:
Study proves NY politicians most corrupt in nation | New York ...
nypost.com/2015/11/...ny-politicians-most-corrupt-in-nation
Nov 08, 2015 · ALBANY – We’re No. 1 – in corruption. No other state has more legislators forced out of office by ethical or criminal issues than New York, according ...

How New York Became One Of The Most Corrupt States : It's All ...
http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...corrupt-states
How New York Became One Of The Most Corrupt States : It's All Politics Every month seems to bring news that another state official in New York is under indictment.

Corrupt New York politicians just got some really bad news ...
nypost.com/2017/07/10/corrupt-new-york-politicians-just...
Jul 09, 2017 · New York’s growing list of convicted politicians — including ex-Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver and former Senate Majority Leader Dean...

Yes, New York has more corrupt officials than any other state
http://www.politifact.com/new-york/s...s/2016/sep/19/...
Sep 18, 2016 · Lawmakers led away in handcuffs seem like clear signs of a corruption problem in New York State.

Troubled NY politicians: A list of arrests, scandals ...
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...01/troubled_ny...
Jan 25, 2015 · In New York, 41 elected state ... Troubled NY politicians: A list of arrests, scandals, misdeeds and controversies.

A New Era in Political Corruption - The New York Times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...orruption.html
Apr 05, 2013 · New York’s recent corruption scandals shatter our confidence that taking money was the one thing politicians know how to do well.

Yeah, government is awesome alright, for those who are in charge of it. Amazing that these are the same politicians that want to take our guns away and turn law abiding people into criminals yet they are the biggest criminals themselves.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:01 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
This has been the case with every single country that has put gun ownership restrictions in place. When Australia put a gun ban in place criminals quit using guns because there were none.

But they sure didn't quit crime.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:02 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
If you want to do something like that... then, here's an idea you might like, why not move all republicans to some remote island, and give them all the guns they want.... let's see how many are still standing after about 6 mon.
Actually all would still be standing...

Old 11-07-2017, 05:07 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I have a few ideas, I was hoping someone had some better ones but,
Step 1 of mine might be:
Society has to change in fundamental ways in how we view mental illness.
OK so how should we deal with mental illness? Btw this is only half the problem, you then have the gangland shooting issue to deal with.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:09 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Im curious about your posting style and thought process. Are you very young?
You don't need to be confounded by curiosity, I write out what I want to say.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:12 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,149 times
Quote:
are you just a lonely little insecure man who feels like having a gun will give a him a few extra inches?
This nonsense will ensure you lose any credibility you might have had in the discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies