Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2017, 07:21 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,531,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
No, I just think most of the Republican party is morally bankrupt over their views and positions on most things.<> Doesn't mean they're all morally bankrupt on the same things. Some are fine to raise taxes on families to give massive tax cuts to billionaires. Others are happy to support child molesters like Roy Moore.
So anyone who is opposed to any of your many opinions is wrong about everything?

Old 11-09-2017, 07:21 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
No, I just think most of the Republican party is morally bankrupt over their views and positions on most things. Tax cuts for the filthy rich while screwing over the middle-class. Taking away people's health care to benefit the wealthy, their opposition to minorities. And yes, their seemingly endless display of self-righteous hypocrisy like the Moore case.

Doesn't mean they're all morally bankrupt on the same things. Some are fine to raise taxes on families to give massive tax cuts to billionaires. Others are happy to support child molesters like Roy Moore.
Thanks for the clarification! We can debate each of those points!

Let's begin with taxes, shall we? By 'tax cuts for the rich', I assume you mean the corporate rate. We currently have the highest rate in the world and need to cut it to make our country more competitive. That is common sense and it will end up bringing in more revenue. You do understand that lower tax rates can bring in higher revenue, right? As demonstrated by Kennedy.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:24 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
You do understand that lower tax rates can bring in higher revenue, right? As demonstrated by Kennedy.
This is 100% lie. No serious economist believes that lower tax rates on the wealthy will bring in higher revenue, and Kennedy has nothing to do with anything.

Also not sure what lowering taxes on the wealthy has to do with raping little girls, but the Trump cultists love to deflect, I guess.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
This is 100% lie. No serious economist believes that lower tax rates on the wealthy will bring in higher revenue, and Kennedy has nothing to do with anything.

Also not sure what lowering taxes on the wealthy has to do with raping little girls, but the Trump cultists love to deflect, I guess.
Citations?

Old 11-09-2017, 07:27 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times
Quote:
Citations?
How about Nobel Prize winning economist Paul Krugman, probably the best-known living Economist on the planet.

He has only written a billion articles explaining why the Republican tax plan is a disaster for the U.S. economy and a dream for competitor nations like China.

https://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/

Old 11-09-2017, 07:29 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:

Let's begin with taxes, shall we? By 'tax cuts for the rich', I assume you mean the corporate rate. We currently have the highest rate in the world and need to cut it to make our country more competitive. That is common sense and it will end up bringing in more revenue. You do understand that lower tax rates can bring in higher revenue, right? As demonstrated by Kennedy.
No, I don't just mean the corporate rate. I mean this is literally a massive giveaway to billionaires and Republican donors. Several Republicans like Lindsay Graham flat out admitted the entire purpose of this was to benefit their donors. Trump's family is expected to get at least $600 million off this tax plan.

Middle-class taxes, however, will go up.

If you're trying to argue trickle-down economics, it's a proven myth. Cutting taxes on corporations will not bring more jobs or higher wages. Corporations are already sitting on hoards and hoards of capital that are not used for jobs or higher wages, it goes to their share-holders and their CEO end of year bonuses.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
How about Nobel Prize winning economist Paul Krugman, probably the best-known living Economist on the planet.

He has only written a billion articles explaining why the Republican tax plan is a disaster for the U.S. economy and a dream for competitor nations like China.

https://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/
How about Milton Friedman, who also received that award? Your points are unfounded.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:31 PM

2,550 posts, read 2,739,249 times
Give me a break!! How convenient right at this time for this to come out. The timing it perfect. It is too late to print new ballots so his name has to stay on there. This was such a long time ago and now all of a sudden she decides to tell her story. I smell a skunk.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:32 PM

25,457 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:

Although the US does have the highest corporate tax rate it's not the "highest once deductions and other exclusions are taken into account." This was taken from: Does the U.S. have the highest corporate tax rate in the free world? | PunditFact

Old 11-09-2017, 07:33 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,531,839 times
Quote:
<>Also not sure what lowering taxes on the wealthy has to do with raping little girls, but the Trump cultists love to deflect, I guess.
Nor the other way around? If politics wasn't the main strain here, nobody outside of Alabama would know who Roy Moore is.
As interesting as a discussion of corporate taxation and the effect of reducing the tax rate during the JFK half term would be, looking back at the title of this thread, I would say the drift here is further off topic than those two ditzie broads lost in the Pacific. MODERATOR!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies