Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 02:20 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Who labels them as gun loving rednecks? I have been around many military personnel and the times were labeled as such are very very low. Especially since military personnel comes in all colours, sexes and creeds.
well, There are many people who have given MY FRIENDS that label. I am not talking about other people YOU KNOW. I am talking about PEOPLE I KNOW. Okay?

Old 12-09-2017, 02:21 PM

23,975 posts, read 15,082,290 times
As a Subaru driving hairy armpit feminist, I can see how this could be true. When the store opened on 6th street in Austin, we loved it. Shopped there frequently. We lived walking distance to one in Dallas. It served all kinds of folks. Blue haired Grannies, conservatives, liberals and purple haired kids, etc. Loved it so much we bought stock.

Then we moved to Houston. Their store on Shepard was there for all kinds of shoppers. They built the store on Kirby and left it vacant for a year due to the lease on the Shephard store. That's when we decided the place was run by idiots. To let a brand new store sit empty for months when they could have had them both open was a bad move. The stores were a couple of miles apart. They each could have been generating some cash. At least enough to pay the electric bill.

But, the clientele at the Kirby store is so uppity I will not go there. If you offered me a thousand bucks to run in and get you a bag of chips, I'd think twice. The clientele are not liberal. They are rich, privileged, sociopaths. IDK about Obama stickers. I do know about uppity.

The store is totally disorganized to the point it take hours to shop. You want bread. It is in 10 different places. So is everything else.

Trader Joe's is my store.

Old 12-09-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers;50353491 "[B
How date you assume somebody's gender without asking[/b]. You're so typical of white male privilege!" She then stormed off to another lane.
.. I bet she would be offended if people thought she looked like a dude. So she should get over her fake outrage. lol

Old 12-09-2017, 02:28 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, There are many people who have given MY FRIENDS that label. I am not talking about other people YOU KNOW. I am talking about PEOPLE I KNOW. Okay?
So when you wrote

"Yes, they are labeled as gun loving rednecks, but they accept me for me, they love me and I love them."

You did not mean for it to come across like that was something to be generally expected because it is so common?

Fair enough then!

Old 12-09-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
So when you wrote

"Yes, they are labeled as gun loving rednecks, but they accept me for me, they love me and I love them."

You did not mean for it to come across like that was something to be generally expected because it is so common?

Fair enough then!
That is right. I said "MY FRIENDS" My friends = they.

Old 12-09-2017, 02:29 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I had to run into Whole Foods last night (don't judge, I usually try to go somewhere less pretentious) for a specialty potato chip. When I went to get in line to checkout, a woman wearing an Obama sticker was about to checkout at the same time, but I had gotten there first. Trying to be nice, I pointed her to the empty lane next to me by saying "I think she's open," as the cashier was a woman.

The customer wearing the Obama sticker looked at me with great indignation and said, "How date you assume somebody's gender without asking. You're so typical of white male privilege!" She then stormed off to another lane.

Folks, that's what the entire Left wants. We can't even feel comfortable having a normal conversation and trying to my nice. I'm lucky I got off with merely a warning, and didn't get accused of sexual harassment.

Bull****.

Old 12-09-2017, 02:32 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I had to run into Whole Foods last night (don't judge, I usually try to go somewhere less pretentious) for a specialty potato chip.
I didn't know they sold potato chips individually.

Old 12-09-2017, 02:33 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,993 times
Yes "I usually try to go somewhere less pretentious" says the man right before he grabbed the grabbed his shopping cart at Whole Foods and embarked on his quest for a "specialty potato chip".

I think I spy a closet hipster.

Old 12-09-2017, 02:34 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
I didn't know they sold potato chips individually.

To be fair, if any grocer would do it, it would be Whole Foods. They'd sell it for 2 bucks a chip! Non-GMO of course.

Old 12-09-2017, 02:34 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Bet my paycheck it is.
Your Whole Paycheck?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies