Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's statement?
Yes 229 48.21%
No 246 51.79%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 06:58 PM

1,704 posts, read 752,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
Awe, the President said a bad word allegedly.

The news media is using the bad word for only propaganda.
Funny thing about words...

They usually express the climate of our minds and the content of our hearts.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:06 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,338,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
The very idea that a president would send children of fleeing migrant parents back to some country that they know next to nothing about seems unusually cruel and harsh to me. I'm most certain that if these were the offspring of Norwegian or Swedish parents, these DACA people would already be considered as welcomed and honored American citizens.

BTW

We don't need to spend another dollar on the military. Haven't we wasted enough money over stockpiling every variety of weaponry? Haven't we killed enough? With our massive kill power, a country would be quite foolish to attack us!

Besides, with so many nuclear weapons and nuclear technology possessed by so many countries, I'd say we humans have evolved to a point where the idea of WAR has become obsolete.

Let's instead turn our international and collective attention to cleaning up our global environment. Let's save our oceans, rivers, and lakes. Let's clean up our air so that our children won't have to wear masks, just to venture outdoors....
Well, that may very well be an 'idea whose time has come'.

US Deportations of Europeans Could Exceed Last Fiscal Year

The federal crackdown on illegal immigration is causing anxiety among Europeans, who have long been able to fly under the radar.
July 11, 2017, at 3:46 a.m.

By PHILIP MARCELO, Associated Press
BOSTON (AP) — Europeans often hid in plain sight as Latin Americans, Asians and others living illegally in America were sent packing. But now they're starting to realize they are not immune to President Donald Trump's crackdown on illegal immigration, and they're worried.

Europeans comprise about 440,000 of the estimated 11 million people living illegally in the United States, according to the Migration Policy Institute.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...ceed-last-year

Old 01-15-2018, 07:44 PM

13,790 posts, read 5,023,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Correct, not everyone has what it takes to be a value add to our society. Some cultures are inferior and defective and produce people who are wholly incompatible with American values and our fundamental ideals.

You act like the country of someone's birth is nothing but an innocuous footnote to their personality or identity, when its literally the "nurture" part of "nature vs nurture". When you are raised in a certain environment and culture, you are steeped like a teabag in that cauldron, and you take on the properties of that environment and culture. So if you are born and raised in a country that has defective beliefs (extreme religiosity, for instance, and no concept of secular government, or of Western ideals...how in the world could you possibly wind up being fit to be a citizen of America? We will have to reprogram that person, everything they believe in, just to get them to the point an American child would be at with zero effort. Why go thru all that?)

Which leads us to a more basic issue: Why do we need to import people to "become Americans" in the first place? We already have 320M people here...never gonna run out of people. Got so many we can't use the ones we have! So why import more of what we have in abundance and excess already?
Wow, stereotype much? Oh yeah, and Irish are all drunks and Italians are all in the Mafia. What, pray tell, are the "defective beliefs" that a person from Haiti would likely have?

If you feel, like some do, that we should not accept people who are uneducated or lack job skills, then fine: exclude those who are uneducated, regardless of what country they are from. Did you know that African immigrants to the US have a higher percentage of bachelor degrees than those born in the US? This is my point: you can't judge a person's potential value to our country by what country they were born in.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:47 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,630,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
I'd say America has become a s***hole and I blame the Liberals and the FemNazis.
Sounds like Somalia is the place for guys like you.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:55 PM

35,388 posts, read 17,279,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Nope!

Just blame our deep racist and xenophobic cultural roots that have been nurtured with a constant historical flow of hypocrital religiosity.

Fems and Liberals are needed in this society to push back on the eternally bent racist, war-mongering, Jackass, Right-Wingers!
And who pays for these people you want to bring in?

Old 01-15-2018, 07:55 PM

18,757 posts, read 7,667,607 times
And now it turn s out that Trump never called Haiti or other countries "sh*thole countries" at all. That was a lie told by Dick Durbin (D-MI). Nobody else at the meeting, Democrats and Republicans alike, can recall ever hearing that phrase.

Democrats apparently just can't tell the truth about Trump or what he does or says, because that would defeat their agenda of hating him and trying to destroy him, whatever it takes.

---------------------------------------------

GOP senator: 'Gross misrepresentation' of Trump's remarks

Georgia Republican Sen. David Perdue said Sunday that President Donald Trump did not use the phrase "****hole countries" during a meeting with lawmakers on immigration reform last week. "I'm telling you he did not use that word, George, and I'm telling you it's a gross misrepresentation," Perdue told moderator George Stephanopoulos on ABC's "This Week."

During an Oval Office meeting on immigration Thursday, Trump expressed frustration with people coming to the United States from "****hole countries," sources told CNN.

Trump has denied making the vulgar remarks, tweeting Friday: "The language used by me at the DACA meeting was tough, but this was not the language used. What was really tough was the outlandish proposal made - a big setback for DACA!"

Perdue on Sunday accused Illinois Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin of spreading false information about what Trump said at the meeting and added that Trump has been misrepresented.

Durbin said Trump used "hate-filled, vile and racist" language in the meeting, according to the Chicago Tribune.
Sen. Tim Scott told The Post and Courier that fellow South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham, who was at the meeting, told him the reported comments are "basically accurate."

Perdue and Arkansas Republican Sen. Tom Cotton said in a Friday statement that they did not recall the "****hole" comment, and like Perdue, Cotton on Sunday accused Durbin of misrepresenting Trump's comments.
"I didn't hear it, and I was sitting no further away from Donald Trump than Dick Durbin was," Cotton said on CBS's "Face the Nation."

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said on "Fox News Sunday" that she did not recall Trump saying "that exact phrase."

Old 01-15-2018, 08:04 PM

5,886 posts, read 3,241,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Sounds like Somalia is the place for guys like you.
Why would anyone want to go live in the desert with a bunch of inbred retards whose culture and society have never produced anything of value or interest to humanity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
And who pays for these people you want to bring in?
You do. And anyone else that actually pays taxes.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:12 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,117,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Why would anyone want to go live in the desert with a bunch of inbred retards whose culture and society have never produced anything of value or interest to humanity?
Donald would be very proud of you for this comment. You sound just like him.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:17 PM

51,692 posts, read 25,972,257 times
"Inbred retards?"

Exactly my thoughts when watching that group of alt-right protesters in Charlottesville. I just had the good sense not to post it.

But political correctness, be damned. We're plain-spoken folk now.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:23 PM

26,662 posts, read 15,215,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
And now it turn s out that Trump never called Haiti or other countries "sh*thole countries" at all. That was a lie told by Dick Durbin (D-MI). Nobody else at the meeting, Democrats and Republicans alike, can recall ever hearing that phrase.

Democrats apparently just can't tell the truth about Trump or what he does or says, because that would defeat their agenda of hating him and trying to destroy him, whatever it takes.

---------------------------------------------

Georgia Republican Sen. David Perdue said Sunday that President Donald Trump did not use the phrase "****hole countries" during a meeting with lawmakers on immigration reform last week. "I'm telling you he did not use that word, George, and I'm telling you it's a gross misrepresentation," Perdue told moderator George Stephanopoulos on ABC's "This Week."

During an Oval Office meeting on immigration Thursday, Trump expressed frustration with people coming to the United States from "****hole countries," sources told CNN.

Trump has denied making the vulgar remarks, tweeting Friday: "The language used by me at the DACA meeting was tough, but this was not the language used. What was really tough was the outlandish proposal made - a big setback for DACA!"

Perdue on Sunday accused Illinois Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin of spreading false information about what Trump said at the meeting and added that Trump has been misrepresented.

Durbin said Trump used "hate-filled, vile and racist" language in the meeting, according to the Chicago Tribune.
Sen. Tim Scott told The Post and Courier that fellow South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham, who was at the meeting, told him the reported comments are "basically accurate."

Perdue and Arkansas Republican Sen. Tom Cotton said in a Friday statement that they did not recall the "****hole" comment, and like Perdue, Cotton on Sunday accused Durbin of misrepresenting Trump's comments.
"I didn't hear it, and I was sitting no further away from Donald Trump than Dick Durbin was," Cotton said on CBS's "Face the Nation."

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said on "Fox News Sunday" that she did not recall Trump saying "that exact phrase."
Durbin has a history of lying about private conversations in the White House.

During negotiations in the White House back in 2013, Durbin claimed a Republican leader angrily told Obama "I cannot even stand to look at you."

The media ran wild with how the Republican was using "racial undertones."

However, word started to trickle out that people there said that it never happened and when questioned...Obama to his credit said it never happened. Durbin refused to answer questions after his own party refused to back his lie.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/25817...ryan-saavedra#
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies