Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 02:34 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,524,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
She's right, to an extent. Just view C-D for a few minutes, and there are tons of people who would never vote for her because she's a woman.
There's tons of people who wouldn't vote for THAT woman.

If Condoleeza Rice or Nikki Haley ran, would dem women vote for them? Didn't think so. It has nothing to do with being a woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 04:03 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Your second sentence I completely disagree with. Sanders supporters aren't happy with her but a lot of democrats feel she was cheated (see Russia narrative).

On top of that Hillary has had meetings with several possible 2020 democratic contenders. What do you think those conversations have been like? I'd suggest they're being offered Sec. of State and other plums for getting out of her way.

Lastly, the DNC is still packed with Hillary loyalists and the deep pockets love Hillary, wallstreet and the corps also do and she can raise A LOT of money still.

You're not wrong. Libs keep talking about how fake news and Russia caused Hillary to lose. It's sets her up for another run

Old 02-07-2018, 04:06 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post

If Condoleeza Rice or Nikki Haley ran, would dem women vote for them? Didn't think so. It has nothing to do with being a woman.
You bring up an interesting point. Very few on the right would vote for Hillary, simply because of her policies. That means that if her loss were due to sexism, it was sexism on the Democrat side of the aisle.

Old 02-07-2018, 04:10 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
everybody should ignore Hillary. every woman should be embarrassed by her.

she is a terrible representation of a so called qualified, strong women. Hillary is an exemplar of every bad quality that keep women from doing well in their careers. her behaviors and character flaws are a cautionary tale, not an example for successful woman.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 02-07-2018 at 04:19 PM..

Old 02-07-2018, 04:11 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,460,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
A Democrat just won a state House seat in MO in a district Trump carried by 28 points. November is coming.
...and not a moment too soon.

Old 02-07-2018, 04:15 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,460,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post

Condoleeza Rice is a hawk and worked for George Bush, so no, I would not vote for her.

Nikki Haley is in lockstep with Trump as a member of his Cabinet, so no, never.

If there were an independent Republican woman who stands up to the Repugnants, someone like John McCain, I would consider her.

Old 02-07-2018, 04:19 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
everybody should ignore Hillary. every woman should be embarrassed by her.

she is a terrible representation of a so called qualified, strong women. Hillary is an exemplar of every bad quality that keep women from doing well in their careers. her behaviors and character flaws are a cautionary tale, not an example of a successful woman.
I am not a Hillary supporter, but really, her faults were hardly gender related.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-07-2018, 04:25 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Condoleeza Rice is a hawk and worked for George Bush, so no, I would not vote for her.

Nikki Haley is in lockstep with Trump as a member of his Cabinet, so no, never.

If there were an independent Republican woman who stands up to the Repugnants, someone like John McCain, I would consider her.
And if there was an independent Democrat woman that didn't toe the party line of the DemonicRats and had integrity, moderate Republicans would consider her. Nothing to do with sexism, everything to do with character.

Old 02-07-2018, 04:26 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I am not a Hillary supporter, but really, her faults were hardly gender related.
I disagree.

Hillary blamed her gender and sexism for her loss.

blaming gender for career failure is unique to women. as a woman, I disavow any woman using that assertion....100%. we compete and win our spot or we don't.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 02-07-2018 at 04:44 PM..

Old 02-07-2018, 04:35 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
You mean act like a Democrat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies