Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2018, 11:49 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Logic? This isn't a debate on creationism vs evolution, it is responding to a stranger striking your 2 yr old kid . Defending your toddler from physical attack is natural, and does not indicate a lack of self control , anymore than hitting a guy trying to sexually assault a young girl would be.

I hope you are female. That at least would explain part of it.
I'm not at all sure about that last bit. I'm not at all sure that I wouldn't slap the crap out of anyone I saw hitting a child, and I don't even have kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2018, 11:51 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I don’t believe for one second that a crying toddler would fall under any store manager’s (in any era) definition of “acting up” and warrant removal from the store. A kid running amok, knocking over displays, etc, by all means do ask them to leave. But crying? Really? That’s not misbehaving; it’s the only means a small child has to express frustration. Most people understand that there is only so much a parent can do to control crying, and just want to get the heck out of there as soon as possible.
This. I don't really see much to gain by kicking a parent with a crying child out of a store, particularly at the checkout line. Hell, they're leaving anyway.

Old 02-10-2018, 11:59 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,799,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
What a freak, no stranger should be putting their hands on another person's child to 'discipline' them (doesn't seem like the child was doing anything more than asking for candy here anyways).

Stranger spanks crying toddler while in grocery store check-out - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida
God help the person who lays a hand on my kids.

My husband has been in an environment with unruly kids and he knew the parents. Not once did it cross my husbands mind to lay a hand on their kids. Instead he entertained the a couple of the kids.

Old 02-11-2018, 12:35 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
It Takes A Village” - Hillary Clinton
This is true, but this man was not any part of a "village" - he was a complete stranger.
So he had no business touching that child.

Just some idiot.

Old 02-11-2018, 12:43 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
No villager better lay a hand on my kids!

Old 02-11-2018, 12:50 AM

31,912 posts, read 26,999,286 times
"That's how we deal with kids in Mexico," said Martinez, directly after spanking Morris's child."

My response would have been "and this is how we roll in USA" as I laid Mr. Martinez out cold.

Old 02-11-2018, 03:29 AM

10,773 posts, read 4,351,834 times
Mexico is so immature....

Old 02-11-2018, 04:18 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Logic? This isn't a debate on creationism vs evolution, it is responding to a stranger striking your 2 yr old kid . Defending your toddler from physical attack is natural, and does not indicate a lack of self control , anymore than hitting a guy trying to sexually assault a young girl would be.

I hope you are female. That at least would explain part of it.

Evidently you are ruled by emotions. This is not a homicidal maniac trying to execute children in a grocery store. It was an old drunk Mexican. Even a female could easily protect her child from a short old drunk. The cops were called and this guy was arrested. If his father assaulted the guy he would run the risk of being arrested along with the old man and THAT would be more traumatizing to the toddler to watch his daddy be hauled off in the back of a cop car. That might just be another Friday night for some posters hence the fantasies of retribution.

Old 02-11-2018, 04:41 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Evidently you are ruled by emotions. This is not a homicidal maniac trying to execute children in a grocery store. It was an old drunk Mexican. Even a female could easily protect her child from a short old drunk. The cops were called and this guy was arrested. If his father assaulted the guy he would run the risk of being arrested along with the old man and THAT would be more traumatizing to the toddler to watch his daddy be hauled off in the back of a cop car. That might just be another Friday night for some posters hence the fantasies of retribution.
In this case nobody protected the child. The Mexican successfully grabbed him and beat him, and no one intervened until after the fact.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:07 AM

11,795 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
In this case nobody protected the child. The Mexican successfully grabbed him and beat him, and no one intervened until after the fact.

Really so it went from spanking to a beating now?

The man was wrong is touching another's child - but I must be one of those trashy whites as did my kids receive an occasional spanking if they misbehaved - you bet ya and it didn't ruin their psych!

That child was misbehaving - I don't care how old they are - there was the father and grandmother - one of them pick up the child and take him outside the store - plain and simple. He's then told if he can't behave - he's no longer going to come shopping with them.

Believe me - it only takes a couple of times and the kid gets it. I really am sick of seeing children misbehave in public and the parents do nothing. A child in front of me at the grocery store was creating a scene while her mom was checking out. Grabbing candy and throwing it around. The mom is asking her to stop - to no avail - then the kid smacks her! I had enough and spoke up and told her that you never hit your mother - shocked the heck out of her - but she calmed down as she was embarrassed someone other than her mom would yell at her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies