Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 10:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Simple minded sheep whipping themselves into a lather over an obvious joke. Stop mainlining CNN and step outside, take a deep breath and go on with life.
It's not really a joke, it's poking people in the eye. He is a bit thinned skin. He won but he is very bad at winning but that seems to be pretty common from those who had everything handed to them.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:29 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...r-life-someday

Words fail me. I eagerly await the Trump cultists excuses as to why a President for Life is somehow more democratic and just than the current system.
so trumps says, that the US ""MAY"" have ""SOMEDAY""" a POTUS for life, which is what the fascist liberals have been hoping for since the times of FDR

so what???

oh and BTW...they (all presidents)....retain the TITLE of President for life...... ie Obama, bush, Bill Clinton...will always, and ever after, be know as President..they DO take the title with them to the grave

Last edited by workingclasshero; 03-04-2018 at 11:51 AM..

Old 03-04-2018, 11:35 AM

4,032 posts, read 2,717,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so trumps says, that the US ""MAY"" have ""SOMEDAY""" a POTUS for life, which is what the fascist liberals have been hoping for since the times of FDR

so what???
Ummm, no.

There have been presidents whom I might have thought, "Pity they can't serve one more term," but in reality, I wouldn't want that, and I especially would not want one for life. Even if they're good at the job, things happen--Reagan, for example, was doing well enough that in his re-election, he won 49 out of 50 states, but towards the end, he was succumbing to Alzheimer's.

Too many issues for my taste with such a notion, even *if* I like the President in question.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:06 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Term limit will be eliminated at the same time as the 2 nd Amendment.

Don’t hold your breath.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:07 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Almost sounds like Escape From LA coming to life, where Cliff Robertson's character (who was loosely modeled on Jerry Falwell) got the constitution changed and became president for life
Funny you mention this since CA is a sanctuary state and wants separation from the country...I say wall all the criminals and debaucherous commies in. Pretty good idea!

Old 03-04-2018, 12:13 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

so what???

oh and BTW...they (all presidents)....retain the TITLE of President for life...... ie Obama, bush, Bill Clinton...will always, and ever after, be know as President..they DO take the title with them to the grave
You know what? I'm a liberal. As far from a fascist as you could get. I'm getting pretty sick and tired of the people from the party that wants to control my marriage contract, my fertility, my children!s exposure to documented science in tax- payer funded classroom, old people's ability to grow a frickin weed that makes their arthritis feel better, but thinks crazy Fuchs should have AR15s.

Whatever. Have a nice day.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
You know what? I'm a liberal. As far from a fascist as you could get. I'm getting pretty sick and tired of the people from the party that wants to control my marriage contract, my fertility, my children!s exposure to documented science in tax- payer funded classroom, old people's ability to grow a frickin weed that makes their arthritis feel better, but thinks crazy Fuchs should have AR15s.

Whatever. Have a nice day.
Not so fast RED...

Old 03-04-2018, 12:26 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Not so fast RED...
LMAO no.

That elephant should be over on the other side mating with the donkey, because both parties wish to allow only certain freedoms, they just disagree on which freedoms to allow/ban.

Very cute with having the totalitarian end on the "left" and labelled by "blue" btw. Definitely no bias there...

Old 03-04-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
LMAO no.

That elephant should be over on the other side mating with the donkey, because both parties wish to allow only certain freedoms, they just disagree on which freedoms to allow/ban.
RINO's yes...but not the core of what Republicans used to be and may yet be again thanks to Trump!

Old 03-04-2018, 12:32 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Dear,

They are all simply parroting that CNN FAKE NEWs story.

Did you bother to read them before googling up those links. That is the way the crooked MSM works.

(man, some of you are so desperate to believe anything but the facts)

Please even your beloved Fox news is covering it when something big comes out they ALL report it.

You lose. Again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies