Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2018, 07:45 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Does that include cops and the military?
The cops had to arm up because they were being outgunned by many of the bad guys. That said, they probably went too far.

Based on my experience, only a small percentage of cops are capable of REALLY handling a firearm properly (even a handgun....look at how many times they miss or shoot when it's not needed) and even fewer of them would be sniper material. As any combat infantry soldier will tell you, the real world is far different than some training. We had local cops who went and took all the FBI and other SWAT training down in VA.

I still didn't trust them because they had never fired a shot...ever (safe community) under extreme stress. I know they try to simulate it, but humans know the difference.

Life and death are just too much to be trusted to too many people....because you end up with unqualified or mentally unstable people who decide on the "death" side of things (mass shooters, etc.).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2018, 07:46 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
For being a gun expert I'm surprised you don't know that it's "caliber" not "caliper"
sorry...auto-correct hell

4,983 posts, read 3,292,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Personally, I'd like to confiscate all the AR-15's in the US and give them to the US Army. However, the Constitution won't allow that. So we all have to live in fear that some gun nut will decide to take out his frustrations in life with an AR-15 and shoot up a school or church or store... and kill a bunch of people/kids.

Why does your right to have a certain gun triumph over my (and everyone else's) right to live. The NRA is the reason, and the masculine hormone called "gun-toting" has everything to do with it. AR-15 = a big P***s.
You don’t have to live with that fear.

Mexico ( and the vast majority of other Nations in the World ) has the gun control you seek.

You are free to immigrate their.

But you won’t.

13,138 posts, read 22,821,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No, they weren't being played. You folks are just scared out of your gourd about what they are doing and the only thing you have left to fight them with are baseless accusations that they are naive, or they were scripted or some other nonsense.

This "clueless" generation has accomplished more in a little over a month than anyone else has done in years. States are passing tougher laws including gun violence restraining orders, youtube is banning a large number of videos involving weapons, and a number of stores no longer sell assault style weapons.
How many "clueless kids" own large stakes and have decision making power in multibillion dollar companies? How many of those kids would have a spotlight if the spotlight wasn't set up FOR them in the first place?

No, this is a coordinated attempt at social engineering by an elitist group that wants to control you and me.

Do you know why soldiers get showered with praise and glory before and during a war but get shafted and forgotten after a war is over?

They've outasted their usefulness to the powers that recruited them as cannon fodder to fulfill the power's goals. The same will happen to the generation recruited for this "war".

Old 03-24-2018, 07:47 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,122,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
And even if Utopias did exist, the human character would not want, nor tolerate it. We are not wired for Utopia. Yet the Progressives continue to try to enact policy for a 1984 styled existence.
Prog Statists think humans are so inherently violent and unstable...

Yet they want humans to be in charge of government and rule over others.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:47 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
We're angry because Democrats, Public Sector Unions (Democrat activists), with funding from Bloomberg, and Soros are trying to take away the RIGHTS of the LAW ABIDING instead of focusing on the criminals. Taking away my guns, and/or reducing my right to certain guns isn't going to make kids safe. Better school procedures, and putting criminals, and crazies away will.

The kids were just a display for the above. Pure propaganda. It was horrible the Democrats USED them like that. They are young, impressionable, and vulnerable, and YOU used them. How sad, and PATHETIC.
Oh no, not George Soros again...I'm still waiting for my check for attending the Women's march

Old 03-24-2018, 07:49 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
If anyone is going to shoot a gun, don't you want them to be the best? Don't you want them so good that all their rounds land on the intended target and there are no stray rounds, no misses?
Not when they're shooting up a school.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant the public at large.
Just as I thought.

Cops, politicians, government agencies, and the military get to have "assault" weapons because their lives are worth more than ours.

Got it.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:51 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
A and B.

B: Why is 1000 rounds ridiculous? In HS, on JROTC rifle team, we, each shooter, was shooting between 640-800 rounds a month to be the best.

If anyone is going to shoot a gun, don't you want them to be the best? Don't you want them so good that all their rounds land on the intended target and there are no stray rounds, no misses?

Marksmanship takes practice, constant practice. Not practicing is being irresponsible.
As you well know, the Swiss are armed - but don't have the ammo at home. I see no problem with a certified gun range having thousands of rounds of ammo which are accounted for.

If I am not wrong, even the military accounts for each bullet (or close). When you let an 18 YO buy thousands of rounds, I doubt we can all feel as safe as is some basic rules are followed.

I learned shooting at 7 yo (was lucky that my camp was rustic)...and went to military school where I earned marksman badges and would have been an officer if I made the choice (on graduation). It wasn't in my nature to control people (I even hated being a boss) and, luckily, I have never felt the need and it has never been there. I am very good at math and stats and where I raised my kids there was one murder - an inside job - in 26 years in a town of 25K. Those are good odds for me.....ZERO deaths of innocents by guns. In fact, I think ZERO woundings.

Then again, I have friends who are pharmacists in Philly - they wear a sidearm. I understand that fully. I don't live in a bubble. But most of us - if we have the ability and means - would move if we lived in an area that required us to decide whether or not to shoot other human beings.

As I write that I shudder thinking that some people assume that is part of life in America. We each, in a sense, create our own realities. Live by the sword and sometimes die by it.

A gun proponent should use the Golden Rule. Would they feel the same about the issue if one of their precious children were gunned down in school and you had to claim the pieces. Humans were given the ability to use logic and reason to compromise and put themselves into the shoes of others.

I can promise you that - even if I loved guns and owned a dozen - I wouldn't mind serious background checks, interviews, smaller magazines and bullet type limitations, etc.

Why should I? They just don't raise to the level of importance as thousands of dead people. I'd still have what I NEEDED (I'm not a baby, so its not about what I want, but what I really need) and less people would be grieving over their loved ones. Less vets and others would be committing suicide. Less domestic violence would end in a dead family. Etc.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
The cops had to arm up because they were being outgunned by many of the bad guys. That said, they probably went too far.

Based on my experience, only a small percentage of cops are capable of REALLY handling a firearm properly (even a handgun....look at how many times they miss or shoot when it's not needed) and even fewer of them would be sniper material. As any combat infantry soldier will tell you, the real world is far different than some training. We had local cops who went and took all the FBI and other SWAT training down in VA.

I still didn't trust them because they had never fired a shot...ever (safe community) under extreme stress. I know they try to simulate it, but humans know the difference.

Life and death are just too much to be trusted to too many people....because you end up with unqualified or mentally unstable people who decide on the "death" side of things (mass shooters, etc.).
The cops ARE the bad guys. And they were never outgunned until they started being given surplus military equipment. Now they're a standing army.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies