Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2018, 04:31 PM

62,980 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
would you rather continue to build bs schools and bridges and other bs in Afghanistan?

Liberals and ethnocentrics try to hide their real reason for objecting to the wall basing their objections on the costs and that is they have a personal agenda to keep the flow of illegals coming here. There is no other explanation since the good walls have already proven to work and the costs of illegal immigration are much higher than the costs of the wall. That and that they would buck anything Trump wanted to do anyway.

I don't care who pays for the wall or that Trump says he is going to make Mexico pay for it, I never have. It is well needed for our national security and cost effective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 04:33 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
Does it matter who Trump gets to pay for his wall?

His sheeple will go right along with it and make every excuse / deflection / justification, even if Trump asked them to dump their 401k accounts to fund it.

Old 03-28-2018, 04:57 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Right this minute, all that matters is this language in the bill that Trump just signed:

"The amounts designated in subsection (a)(2) through (a)(4) shall only be available for operationally effective designs deployed as of the date of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2017, (Public Law 115–31), such as currently deployed steel bollard designs, that prioritize agent safety."

Omnibus Bill Includes Specific Clause Barring Funding for Donald Trump 'Wall'

There are additional specific appropriations regarding other border security measures.

But - no Great Wall of the USA.

Apparently Congress isn't all that convinced that The Wall is a priority.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:13 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Well, a border wall is part of national security and the military has some very good combat construction crews. These crews don’t work slowly like union construction workers nor civil service workers. Should those construction crews come under fire from Mexico, they can return fire quickly.
Now that is thinking outside of the box.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:14 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Liberals and ethnocentrics try to hide their real reason for objecting to the wall basing their objections on the costs and that is they have a personal agenda to keep the flow of illegals coming here. There is no other explanation since the good walls have already proven to work and the costs of illegal immigration are much higher than the costs of the wall. That and that they would buck anything Trump wanted to do anyway.

I don't care who pays for the wall or that Trump says he is going to make Mexico pay for it, I never have. It is well needed for our national security and cost effective.

Agree! A clear and present danger!!!!

Old 03-28-2018, 05:16 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Eisenhower used those funds with Congress' specific approval. That's not what Trump is suggesting, is it?

I have no idea why you'd bring that up as an example, it does nothing to help Trump's case.
In fact it does the opposite.

But I think it gets brought up because on some other board its being trumpeted as supporting this idiotic idea that presidents get to decide spending.

A bit of research would demonstrate the opposite, but while you're off doing that for them since they seem to be unable to use google, they have already came up with 2 more bits of nonsense to debunk.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:18 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
would you rather continue to build bs schools and bridges and other bs in Afghanistan?
I'm not seeing the connection but it Makes more sense than this ridiculous wall.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:23 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Get real yourself. His plan should go into effect with or without the wall in question because it would save us a lot of money aside from building the wall.
Maybe he should setup a Go Fund Me account for all his wall supporters, and y'all pay for it.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:27 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,823,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Now that is thinking outside of the box.
Yeah, except for the fact that funds have to be spent on what they allocated for in the budget. The POTUS can't just tell the military to use money that was earmarked for certain expenditures for some other reason. People go to jail for misappropriation of funds.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:32 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Maybe he should setup a Go Fund Me account for all his wall supporters, and y'all pay for it.
This is a bad argument. This is a government function if its done, we dont get to pick and choose our favorites. Just like its a bunch of nonsense when they say this about things like welfare, or medical care.

But if Trump REALLY wanted to make a difference he would focus on things like making everify mandatory everywhere. The wall is not a financially sound idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies