Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2018, 05:18 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times

Advertisements

What was it I heard the other day?

Oh yeah, Trump is dumb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 05:43 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
As I noted yesterday in another thread, should Mr. Trump go, hat in hand, to the military to request that they spend their money towards building The Wall, he will quickly learn why Mr. Eisenhower, in his farewell speech as President, warned of the "Military-Industrial Complex".

Old 03-29-2018, 05:46 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
If you took a janitor and put him behind the wheel of a jet plane, he would have no idea what he was doing. Same with taking a real estate salesman and putting him in one of the most difficult, demanding jobs in the world. Trump is in way over his head, and does not have the capacity or attention span to learn on the job.

Most Presidents, by now, have started to settle in, have learned a few lessons, and are beginning to understand how all of this works. Not Mr. Bull in a China Shop...........he knows it all, will not listen to anyone else for advice, and thinks the way to manage people is by intimidation and by tweeting ugly statements about them.

If he had come in, acted like a normal, sane human being, he would not be in half of the trouble he is in. But that is not Donald Trump, and why he is a dismal failure at this position.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:55 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
More stupidity and feigned confusion (or maybe it's real) from The Left and from Time.

Trump is campaigning for support. The Left would love for him to shut up about The Wall, but he's not going to do it. He's going to show pictures, nag, suggest and generally drive The Left insane (read the above posts) until he gets the support he needs.

Good for him, I say. Every time he fails The Left has a huge celebration declaring that they have won and the war is over. Nonsense, I say. As long as he is in office 'the war' will continue. And he will be in office at least until 2020.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:58 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Well, "Time" is incorrectly reporting what has been said.

The Pentagon isn't going to build any wall. But that doesn't mean money allocated to defense won't be used (and it can be used legally).

Old 03-29-2018, 05:59 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
More stupidity and feigned confusion (or maybe it's real) from The Left and from Time.

Trump is campaigning for support. The Left would love for him to shut up about The Wall, but he's not going to do it. He's going to show pictures, nag, suggest and generally drive The Left insane (read the above posts) until he gets the support he needs.

Good for him, I say. Every time he fails The Left has a huge celebration declaring that they have won and the war is over. Nonsense, I say. As long as he is in office 'the war' will continue. And he will be in office at least until 2020.

Oh, so it is a WAR we have here, huh ? Funny, I thought the President was supposed to represent ALL OF US, and all of America. I never realized it was supposed to be a game, us against them.

I guess that is what you get when you elect a reality show host, he still thinks it is a game.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
What was it I heard the other day?

Oh yeah, Trump is dumb.
He has been outsmarting the Democrats since his election. They continue to fall into his traps.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:02 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Well, let's think about this for a minute...
The Seabees, the Air Force Red Horse Squadrons, and the Army Combat Engineers all need training, and that training is funded by the Pentagon.
Many members of those three organizations are Reservists. They have to have 2 weeks of Annual Training every year, in order for the year to count towards retirement. That AT is funded by the Pentagon.
So, the funding is already available for the personnel, and the movement of equipment. All that is needed is the funding for the material.
Yes, the military CAN build the wall. They very likely will bring it in under budget and in a timely fashion. Long ago and far away I spent several years in RNMCB18. I most assuredly KNOW what those guys are capable of!
RNMCB: Reserve Naval Mobile Construction Battalion

Old 03-29-2018, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
As I noted yesterday in another thread, should Mr. Trump go, hat in hand, to the military to request that they spend their money towards building The Wall, he will quickly learn why Mr. Eisenhower, in his farewell speech as President, warned of the "Military-Industrial Complex".
He doesn't have to "request" anything.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:12 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
The federal process for buying anything. Bids are accepted. Usually due to b rides and kickbacks.
In this case.
We can build your wall for 15 billion.
The Fed: Ok build it.
6 months Into the project.
WE have seen cost over runs. We need 10 billion more,
Fed: Ok heres 12 billion. Build the wall.
Mind you not one iota of wall has been built yet.
^months later the wall is finally started, but:
We need more money. Due to changes, increased kickbacks, bribes and unreasonable new regulations, we need 20 billion more.
Fed: Why?
The safety ladders, nets, warning signs, first aid kits, Ems stations, wells for water, rest areas for weary travelers, all requirements, of which were added after the initial bid.
Fed: Ohhhh. well then heres 50 billion more, can you add .........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies