Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 08:05 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Yes. ! I wish people stop beating up these kids. They just want to be kids n feel protected -
Well, they got that. No worse than the requirements to enter any public venue nowadays. They just didn't get the gun bans they wanted/were paid to demand...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 08:10 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yes, I was just thinking that. It doesn't get much lower than to personally attack children who are reacting to being survivors of mass murder that happened in their school.
So which are they? Are they adults who are going to vote out everyone in the midterms and have the right to threaten, protest and demand things or children to be coddled and taken care of?

You can't have it both ways.
The minute they took over $3 million to fund their PAC was the minute they opened themselves up to the land of adults and all that comes along with it...

Old 04-03-2018, 08:18 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
If this is a short term solution to keep the kids safe in school , then so be it. The kids should be thankful that the school district (and sheriff) that allowed the shooting to happen in the first place is finally stepping up.
That is exactly the context in which I'm taking their comments right now.

They are lamenting the fact that in the world's supposedly most advanced nation; instead of logic and reason being applied, they're faced with the conundrum of being schooled in a stockade so as to appease a segment of the population.

They should be thankful? ? ? Anyone with a developed sense of morality should be disgusted at this turn of events; especially since it follows so many others......... like Sandy Hook.

You people are incredible.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:20 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

They are lamenting the fact that in the world's supposedly most advanced nation; instead of logic and reason being applied, they're faced with the conundrum of being schooled in a stockade so as to appease a segment of the population.
Themselves. They asked to be safe AT SCHOOL. Naturally, THE SCHOOL responded by implementing additional security measures.

Quote:
They should be thankful? ? ?
Yes. They specifically got that for which they asked.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:34 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

They should be thankful? ? ? Anyone with a developed sense of morality should be disgusted at this turn of events; especially since it follows so many others......... like Sandy Hook.

You people are incredible.

Stop with the false outrage. Have you been to a baseball game lately ? Hockey, Football...etc ? Going into the DIA here in Detroit they wave a metal detecting wand by you. Have you flown lately ? Sucks having to take our shoes off but , if one wants to fly we deal with it.

Yes, I think the clear back packs are silly. But it is a far more logical thing in the short term than banning a tool by name. Unfortunately, I see neither side offering up anything logical. Doing anything these kids suggest is a knee jerk reaction.
As usual, the left can't see the forest through the trees. This is a much larger and complex problem than just firearms. And only the ignorant think that it can be solved with one simple solution.

How can you even think , that any protocol to keep them safe in school is disgusting ? SMH...

It really is true with "you people", it is a mental disorder ....

Old 04-03-2018, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Stop with the false outrage. Have you been to a baseball game lately ? Hockey, Football...etc ? Going into the DIA here in Detroit they wave a metal detecting wand by you. Have you flown lately ? Sucks having to take our shoes off but , if one wants to fly we deal with it.

Yes, I think the clear back packs are silly. But it is a far more logical thing in the short term than banning a tool by name. Unfortunately, I see neither side offering up anything logical. Doing anything these kids suggest is a knee jerk reaction.
As usual, the left can't see the forest through the trees. This is a much larger and complex problem than just firearms. And only the ignorant think that it can be solved with one simple solution.

How can you even think , that any protocol to keep them safe in school is disgusting ? SMH...

The moral outrage is at the paradox of the greatest nation being the only one driving this "stupid" train, and all over the 'guns'. It's insane.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:52 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lmao..Wait until they get into the real world and have to do most of those things at their job. I have to wear an ID badge, swipe in through the doors and walk past armed security. Hey snowflakes, welcome to reality!
Hell.. where I used to work they have a video camera on you all day..............

Old 04-03-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:

Not even a good attempt at erecting a strawman. Nowhere did I allude to that.

The point you're missing with these kids is they're not stupid and easily swayed. They know the difference between being sequestered in a bunker and all people caring for their safety, security and well being enough to address the firearm proliferation problem.

They know the difference.

Old 04-03-2018, 09:03 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
No, they help create the monsters who shoot up the schools by bullying them and treating them like outcasts.
In case anyone was curious - THIS is what blaming the victim looks like.

Vile and disgusting, all to justify gun manufacturers making more money because that's all the NRA cares about, but they've managed to brainwash a bunch of bullies who would trade children's lives for guns into thinking there is more significance than the almighty dollar.

Old 04-03-2018, 09:11 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
In case anyone was curious - THIS is what blaming the victim looks like.

Vile and disgusting, all to justify gun manufacturers making more money because that's all the NRA cares about, but they've managed to brainwash a bunch of bullies who would trade children's lives for guns into thinking there is more significance than the almighty dollar.
I just posted a story about a student nabbed before he committed mass murder.

It just took one classmate to respond properly to evil, and the authorities doing their job to save lives.

No mention of the NRA and gun control was needed.

Unfortunately, people responded to evil in this case, but the authorities did not do their job. That's the bottom line. It's not the fault of guns. The spotlight should be on the authorities and how they failed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies