Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2018, 04:00 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,632,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
This wasn't true with ADHD. Many people believe it was invented to sell drugs, but actually the disorder was diagnosed before there were drugs to deal with it. I have a child with ADHD and got tired of hearing it was a made-up disorder. It's not.
So do I and she also has dyslexia. They kind of go hand in hand. It is definitely not a made up condition. I am not going to try to convince anybody that it is real because it will probably turn into a insult fest. My daughter doesn't take meds and neither did I when I was her age. I had the same thing but back then it was called something else and I am also dyslexic.

I also can't live without certain medications. I have no thyroid so I rely on that daily. I am on the fence when it comes to statins. I have seen studies for and against them and I just don't know believe yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 04:11 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,632,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
What gets me is that, unless you have a history, thyroid levels and hemoglobin (iron) are not part of a standard blood test. And if they do test thyroid, it is only tsh 3, should do tsh 4 too. Both of those can mimic dozens of other problems.
I went into the ER, they admitted me for possible heart attack, but tests were normal. Finally an old doctor tested my thyroid and found my level extremely low. Levothroxin and no more problems.
I assume you meant they only test for TSH which is what most do. They also need to look at Free T3, Free T4 and reverse T3 as well especially if your thyroid has gone wonky or if you no longer have a thyroid.

I am glad you got help with your thyroid. It is definitely something that gets overlooked quite a bit.

Old 07-11-2018, 04:18 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,239,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Sales people? They monopolize with their million dollar sales ads. Just turn on your TV and they'll tell you what you NEED from them.
You mean like the ads you listen to and report on all the time regarding PRP and Stem Cell???

The weekly physician "talk show" you report on about 100 times a week which is nothing more than a sales ad??

That slick ad you posted in the Lipogems thread you started?

You mean like those ads???

So ads are OK, even medical ones, as long as they tout something YOU personally believe in...

No one NEEDS PRP injections but those slick sales people certainly have you convinced that you NEED it...

Hypocritical much??

Old 07-11-2018, 04:39 PM

10,245 posts, read 6,338,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Years ago when all the hep B nonsense was coming out, my gynecologist was furious he had to waste time testing and then calling everyone. He said 90% of pts have it and it usually amounts to nothing. Women who have yearly pap smears have ZERO to worry about because the pap smear will provide more info than a hep B test. Its meaningless since so many people test positive. It cannot be used to indicate anything. I think the testing was used to scare women ... OMG I'm positive!!!! so then when they have kids they will vaccinate.

He was one doc that had a clue.

I had another doc tell me that when they were pushing the tetanus vaccine about 10 years ago that it also contained whooping cough. That little tidbit was never really publicized. Most people who got the tetanus shot had no clue it also contained a whooping cough vaccine. And that's when the outbreaks of whooping cough started ... but nothing to see here, just a coincidence.
Last year when I cut myself with my kitchen knife I had some poster on here pushing me to go to a doctor and get a tetanus shot. My kitchen knives are washed and sterilized in my dishwasher. I don't use them out side for gardening or farming. Want to know how many times I have cut myself over 40 years in my own home, and working in a public school cafeteria?

Poster was not pushing Tetanus shot, but perhaps the Pertussis element of it? BTW, I refused to be vaccinated for Hep. B for my job. Let me think. Maybe 5 times, in two different states. You can be damned if I will go running to some doctor as a Baby Boomer to get tested for Hep. C. I have never had a blood transfusion, used IV drugs, or had sex with anyone who did.

Old 07-11-2018, 05:03 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,611,700 times
Do you have trouble trouble breathing under water? You need breathadix!

Old 07-11-2018, 05:07 PM

10,245 posts, read 6,338,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
You mean like the ads you listen to and report on all the time regarding PRP and Stem Cell???

The weekly physician "talk show" you report on about 100 times a week which is nothing more than a sales ad??

So ads are OK, even medical ones, as long as they tout something YOU personally believe in...

No one NEEDS PRP injections but those slick sales people certainly have you convinced that you NEED it...

Hypocritical much??
Many years ago I used to work for Bristol-Myers, now Squibb, at their corporate headquarters in NYC. Park Avenue and 53rd St. for those non-believers. Competition Pfizer was just a few blocks away.

Please do not attempt to tell me how good and wonderful they are. You may be a "medical professional" but you are clueless on their Marketing, Advertising, Sales, Finance, etc., operations.

You are their Supplier, and by default, Salesperson. None of the above would be possible without YOU. Never heard the words "good of mankind" the entire time I was employed there. Sales goals, profits, 5 year plans, was all they talked about. Oh, yes, and what Government Grants were available. Damn, Pfizer got that grant over us!!!!!!! Have you ever had to sign a non-disclosure statement?

So when these Pharm Reps come out and "snitch" on them, do you really think I discount them? ROLF

Example? Shintrix. So the uptake rate for over 60 is only 30%. Not profitable enough. How can we increase sales? Get the FDA to lower the age to 50+. Not working to increase sales and profits? Expand the target population. It is coming with HPV vaccine. Rush petition to the FDA to expand the target population up to age 45. More potential for sales and profits. Rocket Science, or just Marketing 101?

Call me very jaded on their motives having worked for one.

Old 07-11-2018, 05:25 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,793,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post

Hypocritical much??

You and I and many others here think as opposite as day and night, black and white. Yes you know me and why do you bother, nothing will change what I do and say. Your obsession is unreal. I thought doctors were so busy to spend their time on forums...what do I know?

Old 07-11-2018, 05:25 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,407,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
"Do you go to bed at night and walk up in the morning?"...

(Chris Rock skit about pharma.)
Why did he say "walk up" instead of "wake up"?

Old 07-11-2018, 06:17 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,793,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
So do I and she also has dyslexia. They kind of go hand in hand. It is definitely not a made up condition. I am not going to try to convince anybody that it is real because it will probably turn into a insult fest. My daughter doesn't take meds and neither did I when I was her age. I had the same thing but back then it was called something else and I am also dyslexic.

I also can't live without certain medications. I have no thyroid so I rely on that daily. I am on the fence when it comes to statins. I have seen studies for and against them and I just don't know believe yet.
Read some of the info on the cholesterol myth. Maybe you'll get off the fence.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:20 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,042,063 times
Let me think who to believe... professional experts, or random people on the internet? Gee, what a tough one?

And, I assume we're to pretend that these people pushing these "real answers nobody wants to tell you about" don't themselves have an agenda or some junk to sell? Right... of course not...

If you want to live longer, I suspect spending less time on strange, stress-inducing websites like this forum would help, for starters. That, and not living in a perpetual search for "the conspiracy." I've know numerous conspiracy theorists in my time. Every single one of them is a miserable person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies