Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2018, 05:22 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,105,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Only if a lie would it be perjury. Seems even his devote followers realize he's a liar and that he has reason to lie.

If he lies about any of the answers to these questions, it's because he's covering up for doing something illegal because he knows he cannot admit to the truth, as that would be admitting to crime.

He's in a Catch 22 about the questions. If he tells the truth he'll be busted for crimes. If he lies to cover up the crimes then he'll commit perjury.

Trumpists solution: Keep the crook in office and avoid answering the questions and claim "witch hunt".

so you have the proof needed of Russian collusion and others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 05:23 AM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Only if a lie would it be perjury. Seems even his devote followers realize he's a liar and that he has reason to lie.

If he lies about any of the answers to these questions, it's because he's covering up for doing something illegal because he knows he cannot admit to the truth, as that would be admitting to crime.

He's in a Catch 22 about the questions. If he tells the truth he'll be busted for crimes. If he lies to cover up the crimes then he'll commit perjury.

Trumpists solution: Keep the crook in office and avoid answering the questions and claim "witch hunt".
I dont think that is accurate. I’m not sure he really knows when he is lying and when he is telling the truth.

I think it is very possible for him to lie about something that would not otherwise get him in trouble had he told the truth.

As I said, nothing good comes from answering these questions.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:29 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
I think it is quite likely that Trump may not always know when he is lying.

But what lies could he tell team Mueller that would get him in trouble he might not be in if he had told the truth?

Old 05-01-2018, 05:33 AM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I think it is quite likely that Trump may not always know when he is lying.

But what lies could he tell team Mueller that would get him in trouble he might not be in if he had told the truth?
My God, it could be about anything. It doesn’t even have to be something as embarrassing (but legal) as getting blowjobs in the Oval Office. With Trump, it could be about what he ate for breakfast.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:33 AM

40,953 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Wonder if they had any type of agreement to keep the questions confidential ?

They would not have had a Security Classification and if there was no agreement, this was not a leak. It was a press release.

Wonder how Mueller feels about this.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:45 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
I am of the opinion that President Trump's attorneys probably leaked the questions to the New York Times.

Of course, that begs the question: which lawyer? You have Ty Cobb, Jay Sekulow and, most recently, Rudy Giuliani.

Of the three, I would most suspect Mr. Giuliani. For what purpose, I have no idea. Perhaps in the hope that some portion of the public would believe that Mr. Mueller's team leaked the questions, and so call their integrity into question.

An interesting list of questions, including "What involvement did you have concerning platform changes regarding arming Ukraine?"

That was a curious platform change. Of course, during an interview with George Stephanopoulos, Mr. Trump denied that he was involved in the softening of the platform against the Russians, although he seemed to agree that 'his people' were:

Did Trump campaign soften platform language to benefit Russia? | PolitiFact

No doubt, should Mr. Trump answer these questions (or, rather, his team of attorneys), there will be follow-up questions.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:47 AM

If Trump could clear up the cloud of suspicion hanging over him and his advisors, it would do him a great deal of good.

But this isn't about what's best for Trump.

It's about what's best for the nation.

Who all was involved in this Russian election business? What did they do? How did it come about?

These are the questions that can help us keep it from happening again.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:49 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,105,346 times
Quote:
If Trump could clear up the cloud of suspicion hanging over him and his advisors, it would do him a great deal of good.

But this isn't about what's best for Trump.

It's about what's best for the nation.

Who all was involved in this Russian election business? What did they do? How did it come about?

These are the questions that can help us keep it from happening again.

Facebook trolls apparently. They swung the entire election according to libs

Old 05-01-2018, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
My God, it could be about anything. It doesn’t even have to be something as embarrassing (but legal) as getting blowjobs in the Oval Office. With Trump, it could be about what he ate for breakfast.
But how would lying about what he ate for breakfast or where he got a blow job get him trouble?

Old 05-01-2018, 05:56 AM

936 posts, read 825,048 times
Quote:
But how would lying about what he ate for breakfast or where he got a blow job get him trouble?

The problem is who bought Trump's breakfast? I bet when Mueller gets to the bottom of this we'll discover that the Kremlin bankrolled most of Trump's campaign. Taking campaign money from a foreign adversary is as illegal as f*ck. Trump could be doing the rest of his life in Sing-Sing after his impeachment. From the White House to the Big House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies