Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 11:33 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,988,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I gave the answer. We do and always have separated American parents from their American kids anytime the parent is arrested for any reason, any misdemeanor. Why should we afford aliens an exception?
This is such a lame argument.

People arrested for misdemeanors can usually get bail, if not ROR. If there are two parents, rarely are both arrested. If that’s not an option, there are often relatives who can take the kids. Yes, if all else fails, family services has to step in.

None of which is comparable to what is being done here.

Rarely have I ever been moved by an issue enough to call my elected representatives and demand action, but I’m going to do exactly that on Monday.

I’m fine with illegal immigrants being deported. But for Gods sake, this is the United States of America. We are better than this. At least we were until November 2016.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:35 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Happens every day to Americans. If you're arrested for a crime, your kids don't go to jail with you.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:38 PM

19,779 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I gave the answer. We do and always have separated American parents from their American kids anytime the parent is arrested for any reason, any misdemeanor. Why should we afford aliens an exception?
No we have not. That’s a bold faced lie.

You are lying and I’m calling you out.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
No we have not. That’s a bold faced lie.

You are lying and I’m calling you out.
So, you think we allow kids to go to jails with their parents?

Old 06-16-2018, 11:53 PM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Enjoy your inhumanity
Ok

No mention of the Obama and Democratic encouraged death train, and Illegal immigration industry, that is encouraged by the lure of citizenship, Sanctuary States, and free money. The encouragement Democrats offer to Illegal Immigrants often result in their deaths, rapes, and dismemberment. Nice You'all like to encourage this disgusting industry Like they say "No good deed goes unpunished" To bad these people have to pay the price for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8rFyD0UFc8

Last edited by LS Jaun; 06-17-2018 at 12:07 AM..

Old 06-17-2018, 12:07 AM

23,621 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Huh? This is what you said, did you forget?

I'm not sure how addressing that specifically means I'm moving the goalposts

You are mistaken. I worked in corrections and law enforcement and it is very unusual that a child has to go into foster care because a parent is incarcerated, but even in those cases the child stays in contact with the parent through phone calls and visits, and upon the parent's release the children are reunified with the parent. These idiots at DHS allow these kids two 10 minute calls a week, God knows who they will call because their parents in another detention center can't receive incoming calls and one visit per week with their siblings, assuming they can find the sibling, and DHS has NO PLAN for how they intend to reunify these children with their parents.

You can't put lipstick on a pig with all your glowing reviews of these detention centers. This is a wrong headed idea, it is immoral and cruel and could be ended in 5 minutes if Trump called DHS and told them to stop. It's becoming clearer every day that our President is a sociopath. A normal person simply would not do this.
So what would you propose that we do with these kids, put them in lock up with their parent? What happens when someone else in there harms or kills a kid?

I see plenty of complaining but no solutions, not even hints of a viable solution. I'm not an unreasonable person, if it were me I'd just take their info, photos, etc., yes even DNA(I can already hear the screams), and put it in a data base. Then warn them that the next time they enter illegally they would be charged, and they would be split up with the kids going to a child center in Mexico. Then push them back across the border - family intact. (that is if the adults had only committed the crime of entering this country illegally, if they'd committed another crime while here then they get split and the adult is charged). I would think that would be a common sense and viable solution, but I'm sure it would need to be studied first.

I'd even sign a petition to Trump for a solution that is reasonable and viable, and I believe Trump would want a good solution, too.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
So what would you propose that we do with these kids, put them in lock up with their parent? What happens when someone else in there harms or kills a kid?

I see plenty of complaining but no solutions, not even hints of a viable solution. I'm not an unreasonable person, if it were me I'd just take their info, photos, etc., yes even DNA(I can already hear the screams), and put it in a data base. Then warn them that the next time they enter illegally they would be charged, and they would be split up with the kids going to a child center in Mexico. Then push them back across the border - family intact. (that is if the adults had only committed the crime of entering this country illegally, if they'd committed another crime while here then, they get split and the adult is charged). I would think that would be a common sense and viable solution, but I'm sure it would need to be studied first.

I'd even sign a petition to Trump for a solution that is reasonable and viable, and I believe Trump would want a good solution, too.
The left hasn't really thought it through. There are three options:

a) Jail the kids with their parents.
b) Turn them all back and don't all parent/child to enter.
c) Allow them to pass through as they wish.

Only b is acceptable. I think this is really proof that the left doesn't think about the things they protest.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:34 AM

32,067 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post

Only b is acceptable. I think this is really proof that the left doesn't think about the things they protest.
I think our country has lost its soul and compassion for human life. It’s all about me,me,me now. How sad.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:38 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post

A is the best option. Taking babies from their mothers to be put into government camps is wrong. Weaponizing child abuse is wrong, and yes, taking a 2 year-old and putting him in a camp for a year away from his parents and with staff who are not allowed to touch them or hug them is child abuse and it's f****** sick. The repercussions of taking children in their developmental stages away from parents include lifetime emotional and developmental disabilities, up to various levels of mental retardation. It's f****** disgusting that this is happening in our country.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:42 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
https://twitter.com/paladine/status/1008089697321537536
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies