Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2018, 08:26 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
We are targeting the cartels, so your point it moot and off topic.
Really? I wonder how they are so consistently successful at getting their product to its destination? My area is deep in a major heroin epidemic and has been for a few years now, and I know many other cities and states are going thru the same thing right now.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:39 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Mass media exists around the world.....but in other parts around the world, can their governments tell them to "be quiet", can they censors them? Can the quash press reports?
Romania edged out the U.S. with a 1 point better score:

https://rsf.org/en/ranking

Old 05-22-2018, 09:04 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
The idea that you can just limit entrances and place armed guards at them to reduce incidents of violence is faulty. All it will do is relocate the violence to the bottleneck. Think about the Ft. Lauderdale airport shooting last year. The shooter checked his weapon at his point of departure, removed it from his case in baggage claim after arrival, and then opened fire on people outside the security checkpoint.

Old 05-22-2018, 09:25 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,029,346 times
If it happens in Texas then armed schools isn't the answer.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/21/us/sa...rnd/index.html

Old 05-22-2018, 10:34 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,371,285 times
Fence in every school with one way in and out, use metal detectors and x-ray machines. It would be good training for the kids when they fly. Maybe put the TSA in charge of school security or maybe build new schools at the airports and use the existing system.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:45 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Fence in every school with one way in and out, use metal detectors and x-ray machines. It would be good training for the kids when they fly. Maybe put the TSA in charge of school security or maybe build new schools at the airports and use the existing system.
Horrible idea! That strategy will simply relocate any violence outside of the security zone to the bottleneck where people are waiting, ultimately leading to more injuries/deaths in a mass shooting incident. And if you think airports are immune to mass shootings because of the TSA, then perhaps you need to review what happened at the Ft. Lauderdale airport just last year.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:09 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
And yet 10s of thousands of kids enjoy youth hunting seasons every year with no problem. What about their right to a gun?
Who said they can't shoot?
Just supervise them.
I'm not sure someone who cannot legally buy a gun has a "right" to them, btw.
There's no right to enjoy youth hunting season by yourself.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:53 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
so, you're proposing a 'well regulated kids militia'?

ah, that pesky 'well regulated militia' part of the second that no one will address! it's like it doesn't even exist!

I am supporting the text of the Constitution.
Let people fill their hand as free people with liberties.
Somehow, location and age, have filter into the text of the Bill of Rights, where it never was before.

Now, you want schools to violate another amendment in the Bill of Rights, to suppress another right. a 2-fer.
Metal detectors, clear backpacks, body cavity searches at the schoolhouse door!

The right of the people, to keep and bear arms.
Nothing more nothing less.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:59 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Who said they can't shoot?
Just supervise them.
I'm not sure someone who cannot legally buy a gun has a "right" to them, btw.
There's no right to enjoy youth hunting season by yourself.

I bought my first rifle at age 9. Sears & Robuck Catalog. Delivered to my door by the mailman, with a box of cartridges.

Who changed the 2nd amendment? Or who infringed upon it?
My daughter bought her first rifle at 10. Her Mini-14 Ranch Rifle. She bought her pistol at 15.
She built her own AR- when she was 17.
She was given her first shotgun at 6.

The 2nd amendment and the DICK Act, disagrees with "cannot legally buy"

It was not the deer we feared in Concord & Lexington. The same applies today.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:48 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,242,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Beside mass shootings schools are also susceptible to fires. If there is only one way in, one way out then what do you do if a fire breaks out at the choke point? You end up with thousands of trapped kids in a burning building. Can't happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies