Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2018, 08:35 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
And what you don't get if you abort it.
That's kind of the point isn't it.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:37 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
It took 342 posts for that poster to finally figure that out. And he thinks he has the intellectual capacity to tell everyone else what to do.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:37 AM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
We know two things...

1. Men and forced birthing advocates don't consider Sperm as life.
2. Same goes for eggs....

So at least we have a baseline that maybe 95% of people agree upon.

Note that people who think this are saying that even though all the coding for a life is enclosed in those things, they still don't represent life. In another sense, what they are saying is that if I cut out a piece of cardboard that looks like a baby, it is closer to a baby than an actual egg or sperm is.

Of course, it's an unfortunately fact of history that all this "pro-forcing" started before the science of DNA came into it's current fruition. Now we know without a doubt....it's all right there.

I wonder how many of them are against fertility clinics and all that stuff? After all, it's quite inconvenient that scientists and docs can put together one of those "thrown out" eggs and some of that "tissue wasted" sperm and create "a baby". Certainly their Lord might not approve, because the very next step is having vast baby farms where we create entire armies and workforces en masse!
Like I said, I can see both sides of the arguments. But I personally think nothing good comes out of abortion debate.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:38 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Sadly, yes.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Shrug, you can't miss what was never there.

That poster isn't "disagreeing", he's pointing out that you keep saying you're not going to touch this topic yet you keep posting about it.
well, if you say so.

You must say your last words, I get it. So consider this my gift to you. I got it, and thank you.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:40 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,153,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Sister Joan Chittister sums it up well.

"I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is."
Rock on, Sister Joan! Love that woman ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
"Pollution linked to 9 million deaths worldwide each year"
Now there's something to be concerned about. And if we pollute our planet to the point of no return, there won't be any more babies at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
So rich people should not be allowed to have abortions then, only poor people, by your logic.

Rich people can afford kids. So they can pay for them. According to you. Do you support a ban on abortions per income level? That's exactly what you are saying. Background financial check at PP. Sorry you have too much money ... NEXT!

Good grief.
Good grief, indeed, because that's not at all what was said. There's some real comprehension problems going on here.

How does the cold, hard fact that Trump and his Trumpettes are bent on cutting SNAP, Medicaid, and public assistance translate into not allowing rich people to have abortions? The logic is lost on me, as it would be on any reasonable person.

Conservatives and the religious right don't give a hang about what happens to children after they're born; they are interested only in punishing women for getting pregnant. There's no disputing that. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Abortion has its place but its frivolous overuse cheapens our value of all human life.
Frivolous? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
LOL. You can always tell when someone is losing an argument when they devolve into the absurd. Behold this post as the perfect example.
LOL, most of the "pro-birth" arguments in this thread are absurd.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:40 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Shrug, you can't miss what was never there.

That poster isn't "disagreeing", he's pointing out that you keep saying you're not going to touch this topic yet you keep posting about it.

Exactly, which is what this forum is for. I just find the comment that "I am not going to touch this subject" while posting about it (whether one is judging or not) is still "touching the subject".

Old 06-07-2018, 08:41 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Like I said, I can see both sides of the arguments. But I personally think nothing good comes out of abortion debate.
You might feel differently if you were ever in a position to be contemplating it, and there were people telling you, "Nope, we're going to force you to carry and deliver that pregnancy, whether you want to or not."

That is what "personally" means, Lily. And it's obvious you "personally" have never had to deal with it, or you might suddenly find you have an opinion one way or the other.

But just continuing to repeat this line over and over again adds nothing to the conversation.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:42 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You might feel differently if you were ever in a position to be contemplating it, and there were people telling you, "Nope, we're going to force you to carry and deliver that pregnancy, whether you want to or not."

That is what "personally" means, Lily. And it's obvious you "personally" have never had to deal with it, or you might suddenly find you have an opinion one way or the other.

But just continuing to repeat this line over and over again adds nothing to the conversation.
Exactly, well said.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Exactly, which is what this forum is for. I just find the comment that "I am not going to touch this subject" while posting about it (whether one is judging or not) is still "touching the subject".
well, then let me make myself clear,

When i said, "I won't touch the abortion DEBATE with a ten foot pole" I just meant

pro life vs pro choice is not that absolute to me. I can see both sides of the arguments.

Better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies