Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2018, 09:43 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,500,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
It was that and running a horrible campaign, picking a vanilla VP, being unrelateable. I'll never forget the debate where they asked each candidate to state one thing they admire about the other. She started out by stating she admired Trump's family relationships and that his kids obviously love him. Should have stopped there....but then went on a 5 minute rant about some of her campaign talking points.

She had many moments like that where she was just too robotic/studied/impersonal. Add on the fact that the GOP basically had her in their cross hairs for 10 years and her losing wasn't that surprising even if the opponent was the worst candidate in my lifetime.

Still can't believe she was campaigning in Georgia and Texas and not the states needed to secure victory. She ran a horrible horrible campaign and I blame her for this pox we have now.
You can point to a lot of things. Yes HRC ran a poor campaign. But considering the razor thin results I feel the animosity of Bernie voters tipped the scale. At the end it is impossible to really know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2018, 04:15 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
You can point to a lot of things. Yes HRC ran a poor campaign. But considering the razor thin results I feel the animosity of Bernie voters tipped the scale. At the end it is impossible to really know.
It wasn't animosity. It was simply a refusal to vote for more of the same that had the poor falling further behind and war spread out all over the world.

Old 06-16-2018, 05:55 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,217,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
For Trump voters.

For democrats they seemed to give the DNC a pass on screwing Bernie. Even today its secondary. They also seemed to ignore the info in the DNC hack. Even now that is not an issue for dems. Its all Trump and Russia for why Hillary lost.

The Trump campaign was more organized in the three swing states I mentioned and Hillary was not. If she was she would be POTUS now and these other factors would not be talked about.

Where is that DNC server ?

Old 06-16-2018, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
When the email documents were given to congress SOMEONE deleted the “we will stop him” part. It wasn’t even redacted —it was taken out by someone. But Horowitz was able to get the original emails, and there it was.

Why isn’t anyone in DOJ alarmed about this and finding out who took this out clearly to protect the FBI?
This wasn’t an opinion this was action against Trump to be taken. They didn’t want that seen and never thought it would be found. Talk about obstruction of justice.......

Who knows what else they did. Remember the intel community can both destroy and fabricate evidence as was shown by wikileaks. What connections did Horowitz find connecting this scandal with BO, the CIA, DOJ and NSA. This whole thing smacks of coverup by the very institutions that are supposed to be held to the highest standard. If they are breaking the rules we have real trouble.

Old 06-16-2018, 06:43 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Republicans are standing on a whale, fishing for minnows.

They are supporting a President who is openly supporting Putin, kowtowing to the North Korean dictator, and launching a trade war with our allies.

Nattering about a "deep state" conspiracy may help them hold on to their gullible, conspiracy-believing base, but it isn't going to save the day.

Old 06-16-2018, 06:44 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,091,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Interesting article -- texts & interview by OIG lifted right from the report. Names of FBI agents redacted of course. This shows clearly that the preamble and the conclusion in the OIG reports ignored much of the body of the 500+ pages. Few will actually slog through the entire report - most will just concentrate on the White Wash Paint slapped on the preamble/conclusion in an attempt to "save" the reputation of the FBI and DOJ. They don't appear to understand that the only way to do that is to actually follow the LAW and punish those who don't follow the LAW.
Exactly^^^
The whole IG report was about the investigation that was done regarding the emails and the server that Hillary set up. It came about because Comey stood there and outlined the wrongdoings that Hillary was responsible for, and then he closes with, "A reasonable DA would never charge her." Which, if anyone with common sense could look at prosecutions for much less being undertaken, and see how that was a bald face lie by Comey.
And now we have the IG report, that for over 500 pages, outlines how the people investigating the above investigation, found all sorts of bias in the people investigating HRC, yet in one or two pages says there was no bias.
Over 300 million people in the US look at this situation, knowing that if they had done any of these things they would be in jail, and the FBI thinks they should have our respect. Actually they have lost about half of the country's respect over this. Maybe more, if there are any respectable, thinking, Democrats left.

I feel like I should go out in the back yard and plant a banana tree, to make me feel I am in the right country.

Old 06-16-2018, 06:53 AM

and the strock/page texts mysteriously disappear - but then many are found by IG Horowitz. whole slew of them still missing. and that's just those two.

what else are we not being told?

Old 06-16-2018, 07:21 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
And just in time to bring us right back on topic.

If you want to pretend that Comey's actions didn't swing the 70K votes that changed the outcome of this election, then you've got 568 pages of reading right at your fingertips to help educate yourself.

Not to mention that Bernie was the cheater - hacking Clinton data, lying about endorsements, lying about his taxes. Holier than Thou Bernie is pretty damn scuzzy.
You'd have to show not only that Comey''s announcement swung 70k-100,000k votes, but that those voters were in the few states that mattered. Then, he cleared her two days before the election, so who know how many votes that changed. So, Comey didn't recommend charges against her in July and somehow managed to review all of Weiner's laptop two days before the election.

Old 06-16-2018, 07:33 AM

I think it's great they can break encrypted messaging apps to see what people were communicating to each other. Maybe we'll get to see what really happened. Go after everyone's communications and get the truth. Everyone. Let the chips fall where they may.

Old 06-16-2018, 07:49 AM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Exactly^^^
The whole IG report was about the investigation that was done regarding the emails and the server that Hillary set up. It came about because Comey stood there and outlined the wrongdoings that Hillary was responsible for, and then he closes with, "A reasonable DA would never charge her." Which, if anyone with common sense could look at prosecutions for much less being undertaken, and see how that was a bald face lie by Comey.
And now we have the IG report, that for over 500 pages, outlines how the people investigating the above investigation, found all sorts of bias in the people investigating HRC, yet in one or two pages says there was no bias.
Over 300 million people in the US look at this situation, knowing that if they had done any of these things they would be in jail, and the FBI thinks they should have our respect. Actually they have lost about half of the country's respect over this. Maybe more, if there are any respectable, thinking, Democrats left.

I feel like I should go out in the back yard and plant a banana tree, to make me feel I am in the right country.
Everyone has a bias, that does not equate to criminal activity unless you can point to something. I don’t recall any recent convictions of high ranking cabinet members for being careless.

Last edited by Goodnight; 06-16-2018 at 08:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies