Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 06:16 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,368,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post

The SCOTUS pick is not a Constitutionalist if he approves the NSA's mass collection of data.
Agreed, but the right and left cherry pick the constitution to their ideology. In a {R} voters mind they are looking for a strict constitutionalist to do what?

A chance to over turn Roe vs Wade seems to be the main objective since Trump has been talking about it openly.

A good portion of those on the right support the NSA because it is a National security issue and the hell with your right to privacy. This trend of support of violating peoples rights to privacy is becoming popular of both the left and right, and I am talking about people I meet in my walk in life. If I had a dollar for every time I heard " if you have nothing to hide why are you worried about it" I would have enough money to hire a Stormy Daniels type hooker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 06:22 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
No it isn't. It's used everywhere for ID purposes as a second ID along with your photo ID.
Yes, it is, look at your SS card, mine clearly states 'Not to be used for identification'.

Im not saying it doesnt happen, just that its illegal to use that way.

Old 07-10-2018, 06:24 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes, it is, look at your SS card, mine clearly states 'Not to be used for identification'.
It's not used for ID. One must present a state-issued photo ID or US passport for that. It's a verification of the presented ID.

Old 07-10-2018, 06:31 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I support his policies, so he is working for me too.

Can't rep you but .

Old 07-10-2018, 06:39 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
There is no threat, save to the pretty pipe-dream of the Left-leaning elitists who have been out to destroy the American Experiment since they hijacked the Democratic Party some fifty years ago.

Judicial activism and Social Justice Warfare will, hopefully, soon be as dead as Abbot and Costello.

Deal with it!

Old 07-10-2018, 06:42 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,020,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Agreed, but the right and left cherry pick the constitution to their ideology. In a {R} voters mind they are looking for a strict constitutionalist to do what?

A chance to over turn Roe vs Wade seems to be the main objective since Trump has been talking about it openly.

A good portion of those on the right support the NSA because it is a National security issue and the hell with your right to privacy. This trend of support of violating peoples rights to privacy is becoming popular of both the left and right, and I am talking about people I meet in my walk in life. If I had a dollar for every time I heard " if you have nothing to hide why are you worried about it" I would have enough money to hire a Stormy Daniels type hooker.

Just another instance that proves the right is not for small government and really doesn't care about the Constitution. The GOP are not conservatives, they're just lunatics.

Roe vs Wade isn't getting over turned. The guy isn't a bastion for conservancy. Center to the right. I don't see him as a particular shining star, he's just meh.

Old 07-10-2018, 06:43 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How are we "on the cusp" of "losing the American constitutional republic forever" when Trump is nominating Constitutionalist Judges to SCOTUS? Preserving the American Constitutional Republic is exactly what they do. That's why the left hates them.
Actually, the job is very political. They decide whatever is politically expedient, and this is not a new observation, it's just a bit worse these days since the influence of big money can't be restrained.

Old 07-10-2018, 06:43 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
More fear-mongering. LOL

Old 07-10-2018, 06:48 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
More fear-mongering. LOL
Hysterical and embarrassing at the same time.

Old 07-10-2018, 06:51 AM

3,085 posts, read 1,548,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
There is no threat, save to the pretty pipe-dream of the Left-leaning elitists who have been out to destroy the American Experiment since they hijacked the Democratic Party some fifty years ago.

Judicial activism and Social Justice Warfare will, hopefully, soon be as dead as Abbot and Costello.

Deal with it!
Your side of the argument used the press to convince Americans that there was a terrorist hiding behind every rock, tree, and shrub. So the more data collection and invasion of privacy the better. Because the govt and the war mongering right had to protect the country. Except as usual with excesses by govt, there wasn’t a terrorist behind every rock, tree, and shrub. And much was driven by the greed of the right.

Your constitution was written in a time when the culture was very different. Most of the founders couldnt imagine a society without slaves, or a society where workers had rights to a safe environment, or when women and blacks had the right to vote and a voice in the machinations of govt. Much of your constitution wasnt relevant. Thats why more and more amendments and more and more social engineering by the courts. Laws are not delivered by God into congress and the courts. They are made by men and are thus prone to error.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies