Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 08:09 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If you are struggling in todays economy, as if it sounds you are, Mother Nature has a way of culling the weak and the freaks.
I'm doing very well in today's economy. I don't see what Trump policy has transferred significant wealth from the Government to the people, unless you are counting the top 1% and corporate entities as "the people."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 08:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
which started under Obama.
It started well before Bush. Bush just legalized it, with the Patriot act.

Spying on the people without warrant has occurred since J. Edgar Hoover took over the FBI and started gathering dirt on political foes.

The 4th Amendment clearly states People, not Citizens. All violations of anyones or any nations privacy without due process, is a violation of the Constitution.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:41 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Trump is currently rated as the worst POTUS in history - for very good reasons. Let's not pretend that he and his admin are "normal" as were many others. Obama, just FYI, is rated in the top 35% or so (or around 35%, which makes him "just OK" in my book)....

But Trump is rated WAY worse than even GWB, which is really saying something.

We ARE in the midst of a crisis - whether you want to call it a "constitutional crisis" or a "crisis of leadership" or something else is up to you. Bottom line we are being set back many decades. Optimism makes me consider that perhaps we will, after a while , regain our sense.
That really needs to be amended to after the year 1900.

Before and after Lincoln were a few that make Trump look like awesomeness.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:43 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,020,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Translation: We all know it did, but that was Obama and we did not care then...but now it's trump and OH HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOoooooooooooooooooooo
Everyone knows you have a secret woody for Obama, but he's not who is being discussed.

Again, stay on topic.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:31 AM

18,499 posts, read 9,167,872 times
Quote:
Trump is currently rated as the worst POTUS in history - for very good reasons. Let's not pretend that he and his admin are "normal" as were many others. Obama, just FYI, is rated in the top 35% or so (or around 35%, which makes him "just OK" in my book)....

We ARE in the midst of a crisis - whether you want to call it a "constitutional crisis" or a "crisis of leadership" or something else is up to you. Bottom line we are being set back many decades. Optimism makes me consider that perhaps we will, after a while , regain our sense.
I’m not a big fan of Trump, but at least he hasn’t started two un-winnable wars. I’d still say GWB was much worse.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:44 AM

8,494 posts, read 6,900,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I’m not a big fan of Trump, but at least he hasn’t started two un-winnable wars. I’d still say GWB was much worse.

Nor am I a supporter of Trump. But to call him the worst President in history is premature. We've had some really bad Democrat and Republican presidents in our recent history that have so far eclipsed Trump's policies.

Johnson sent thousands of young Americans to their deaths in Vietnam even though he and his administration believed the war could not be won. They kept going because they didn't want their reputations tarnished by being responsible for a military defeat.

And of course Bush started a devastating war in Iraq that killed thousands and was partially responsible for the birth of ISIS. Johnson quit the Presidency. His young draftees could not quit and go home.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:33 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:

as a historian of sorts, i am calling you on this.

NO historian worth his salt is willing to rank any president in historical terms until long after they have left office.

Clinton is the closest president to the present that comes close to being "rankable". and honestly its still too soon to put him in historic context.

FURTHER

We arent in any kind of "crisis" constitutional or otherwise... Donald Trump's every action has been text book conservaitve from day one, with the exception of 2 things.
1. his stance on illegal immagration. That is actually the Liberal/Labor position of the US for at lest 50 years.
2. Trade. Trumps position on trade, again mirrors liberal though on the subject of "fair trade".

So the suggestion there is a "crisis" is just liberal hysterics based on sour grapes over losing an election you had pinned your hopes on. YES that election loss prevented the left from transforming America. Those of us on the right are giddy that you guys didnt win because that victory would have tossed the Constituion in the garbage.

so instead of talking nonsense and pretending you know something about history (your above post proves you dont know a thing about the concept or structure of historical thinking) how about make your case for the nonsese the left belives in?

Old 07-10-2018, 10:40 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
on the topic of record, lets be very clear that we WERE on the cusp of losing the constitutional republic forever.

When Scalia died, had there not been a republican controled Senate, or had Hillary won, the constituion as a document would have in a moments notice becomce a relic of a bygone era.

All one has to do to know that is fact, is read the minority decision in the Heller case, listen to Ruth Bader Ginsburg talking about our constituion what what she would recomend other nations do. (hint she thinks other nations should avoid anything that resimbles our constitution)

read the opinons of hte liberals on the court that have begun to site the laws and constituions of OTHER nations as reason for deciding points of American constituional law.

Listen to liberal leaders in THIS country that lament the constituional bases of "negative rights"
Listen to liberal leaders in THIS country talking about what the first amendement SHOULD mean, in the context of what they deem "hate speech".

Thank GOD we didnt get Garland. Had we done so, the constitution would have been worth less than your toilet paper.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:43 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
as a historian of sorts, i am calling you on this.

NO historian worth his salt is willing to rank any president in historical terms until long after they have left office.

Clinton is the closest president to the present that comes close to being "rankable". and honestly its still too soon to put him in historic context.

FURTHER

We arent in any kind of "crisis" constitutional or otherwise... Donald Trump's every action has been text book conservaitve from day one, with the exception of 2 things.
1. his stance on illegal immagration. That is actually the Liberal/Labor position of the US for at lest 50 years.
2. Trade. Trumps position on trade, again mirrors liberal though on the subject of "fair trade".

So the suggestion there is a "crisis" is just liberal hysterics based on sour grapes over losing an election you had pinned your hopes on. YES that election loss prevented the left from transforming America. Those of us on the right are giddy that you guys didnt win because that victory would have tossed the Constituion in the garbage.

so instead of talking nonsense and pretending you know something about history (your above post proves you dont know a thing about the concept or structure of historical thinking) how about make your case for the nonsese the left belives in?
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...residents.html

Old 07-10-2018, 11:16 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,378,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
This article pulls no punches and its damn scary.

https://www.salon.com/2018/07/09/mal...ublic-forever/
Malcolm Nance is a deranged liar who engaged in deliberate interference with the 2016 election.

https://theintercept.com/2018/07/08/...-rewards-them/

The genuine election interference came from MSNBC, NBC, and the rest of the domestic fake-news media.

The Russia thing is a total lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies