Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2019, 06:57 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 4 days ago)

27,185 posts, read 13,469,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
The question is whether or not the shootings were lawful. That is the issue.
That would have to be studied on a case by case basis rather than just by using statistics, which is what many liberal groups tend to use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2019, 09:31 AM

28,675 posts, read 18,801,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdor View Post

Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer.

Black males have made up 42 percent of all cop-killers over the last decade, though they are only 6 percent of the population. That 18.5 ratio undoubtedly worsened in 2016, in light of the 53 percent increase in gun murders of officers — committed vastly and disproportionately by black males.

https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-th...ack-homicides/
Okay, you just copied and pasted the text from the NYP article, but that article didn't provide any data sources, and it conflicts with other sources I've seen.

Another study showed:

"As to race, blacks were disproportionately represented in Stone's study; while comprising less than 13% of our population, blacks constituted 26% of cop killers in 2014."

Disproportionate, but not more likely. Where are some actual data as opposed to breathless NYP prose?

Old 03-03-2019, 09:57 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
But again, why aren't they killing innocent females? Why is it mostly males? Avoiding the obvious isn't going to solve the problem.

It's time for people to assess their behaviors and develop a better relationship with the police, who save lives all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ShS-WG2tew

https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/11/us/be...cue/index.html

https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...on/1010456002/
Innocent females have been killed, just not at the same rate.

Quote:
When someone is hell bent on killing you, additional training won't do anything.
Additional training is only one half of the solution. The other is weeding out the sick F's who are legal thugs with an axe to grind. The latter needs to be removed from the job and unable to work in any department anywhere.

ETA: Oh, you mean when citizens are hell-bent on killing cops? I think cops need to wear protective gear in certain parts of Chicago and other large cities, particularly when they're responding to calls intended to draw them out.

Last edited by MPowering1; 03-03-2019 at 10:12 AM..

Old 03-03-2019, 09:58 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
because as a white person, and another white person got shot by a cop, there a real good chance he was doing something that deserved to get shot for.

that my story and im sticking to it......
but off the record, cops are shooting too many people, they get scared so it legal to shoot. I believe you have to have a gun aim at you before you can shoot, better yet they have to shoot first.

I believe cops should be un-armed, they have already prove they cant be responsible with guns.
Really, there are approximately 700,000 police officers in this Country. Can you tell me the % of people shot each year? Then, tell me that there is some vast conspiracy or problem in such that this group of 700,000 has proven themselves irresponsible.

Old 03-03-2019, 09:59 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Innocent females have been killed, just not at the same rate.

Additional training is only one half of the solution. The other is weeding out the sick F's who are legal thugs with an axe to grind. The latter needs to be removed from the job and unable to work in any department anywhere.

Old 03-03-2019, 09:59 AM

255 posts, read 69,348 times
Methinks they call it 'selective outrage'.

Old 03-03-2019, 10:24 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Talking Did you flunk basic statistics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
457 dead as of June. Where are you Liberals? Where are the protests and claims of racism against whites?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/

Of course more whites are killed by police, since we're the majority. That means, statistically speaking, that we're much more likely to be criminals. And that means more likely to be confronted by police.

So, all of that's "Captain Obvious" stuff for anyone with horse sense.

What your job is, if you're interested in stirring up white resentment, is to show us the figures on unarmed whites being killed by black cops.

Get busy.

Old 03-03-2019, 10:26 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Okay, you just copied and pasted the text from the NYP article, but that article didn't provide any data sources, and it conflicts with other sources I've seen.

Another study showed:

"As to race, blacks were disproportionately represented in Stone's study; while comprising less than 13% of our population, blacks constituted 26% of cop killers in 2014."

Disproportionate, but not more likely. Where are some actual data as opposed to breathless NYP prose?
I don't think the numbers have been updated, so I'll point to my post from some time ago:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/44716825-post37.html

As for why white people aren't outraged, I've said it before - we're apathetic. I think a lot of people are apathetic without having someone making a lot of noise and rallying the troops. I'm not fans of Jesse Jackson and Father Pfleger here in Chicago, but I have to give them credit for being able to rally the troops.

Without someone stepping up with a call to action, most people aren't likely to be outraged enough to do much of anything about anything.

Old 03-03-2019, 11:00 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Per capita, more Blacks get shot than Whites. A higher raw number of Whites get shot, but Blacks per capita get shot more. And before the detractors come to this post, yes, I'm very aware of the crime rates for Blacks in this country. I do not care. Committing a crime should not be grounds for a police officer to shoot someone.

I notice something else. The vast majority of those shot by police officers are MEN. Black women have been known to get in fisticuffs with police officers and live to tell about it. A Black man is more likely to be shot for just looking like he might inflict violence towards an officer than a Black woman who actually does inflict violence towards an officer.

Furthermore, even with the officer is guilty as sin, said officer has a chance of getting off. What is angering many people is that an officer can get away without a murder charge, even with camera footage showing said officer basically murdering said civilian. What disturbs me is that a civilian is expected to behave better than an officer is.

Old 03-03-2019, 11:03 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,770,781 times
The real question is how many whites get shot in the back or while unarmed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies