Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2019, 03:11 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Lets' finish the numbers game - So far:

1) 396 blacks killed by the Police / 512 whites. OMFG HOLY RACIST S*&T.

Now fill in the numbers!

2) How many blacks kill blacks each year?

3) How many blacks kill whites / how many whites kill blacks?

4) How many blacks kill police officers / how many whites?

Why is #1 the most important, focused on, and politicized?

Let's see may #1 has something to do with #2 instead of racism? Like the fact that more blacks live in dense urban areas and thus are policed more. And since they kill each at far higher rates they are more likely to be in contact with the police.

But really even if all those 396 were because cops wanted to kill black people is this really a national problem? The likelihood of a black person getting killed by a police officer is so SMALL it is absurd how much play this gets.

Last edited by 2K5Gx2km; 03-03-2019 at 03:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2019, 03:44 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Racism and bigotry have been a major factor in American society from day one.
And whites experience racism too.

Old 03-03-2019, 03:52 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
And whites experience racism too.
Not nearly as much as Blacks do, not nearly as long as Blacks ever have. At least Whites had a choice whether or not they could come. White people were never under the yoke of Jim Crow. Jim Crow laws were made to put Black people under a dictatorship. Blacks were the ones enslaved. Blacks couldn't even volunteer to come here. They were brought here by force, under duress, basically as prisoners. If you have nothing better to do than gaslight, go somewhere else.

Old 03-03-2019, 04:09 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Not nearly as much as Blacks do, not nearly as long as Blacks ever have. At least Whites had a choice whether or not they could come. White people were never under the yoke of Jim Crow. Jim Crow laws were made to put Black people under a dictatorship. Blacks were the ones enslaved. Blacks couldn't even volunteer to come here. They were brought here by force, under duress, basically as prisoners. If you have nothing better to do than gaslight, go somewhere else.
Jim Crow was over 50 years ago. Led by the democrats of course. Strange how you voted for your klansmen then because they offered handouts.

Quit playing the victim. Racism isn't a big problem. Granted to those looking for their crutch it is.

btw Not nearly as much as blacks, but whites were under the yoke of Jim Crow. They couldn't serve who they wanted and how they wanted to, on their own property because the big government that you loved said they couldn't.

Because of your racism you have no problem with Affirmative Action. Granted this time it's whites who are under the yoke so that's no big deal, right? Oh but look over here at something that doesn't exist.

Old 03-03-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You're being naive.

Men are much more violent than women and much more likely to be carrying a weapon than a woman. There are many reasons men are killed more often than women and it's the mens fault.

Men are normally stronger, quicker to anger and more violent, quicker to pull a weapon than a woman. All these things lead to men being shot at a higher rate by LE and by other Low Life Gang bangers.

Take away death by Police and men kill men in general at a higher rate than women kill anyone. Period.
Naive? Wow!!

I'm plenty aware of the violence committed by men. So what? I do not care. So what if men are stronger than women? I do not care. If men are stronger than women, then it should behoove a woman not to get into fisticuffs with a man. It should serve as a caution of "don't be stupid". However, I've seen videos of women actually physically fight with the police and manage to live to tell about it. As for the men, a man doesn't have to fight a police officer to get shot. The chances of a man living to tell about it is MUCH MUCH LOWER. I don't care if there are more men committing violent crimes. I don't care if men are stronger than women. I care about the frequency. On the occasion that a Black man uses violence with an officer vs when a Black woman uses violence with an officer, who is more likely to die? A Black man.

So what if men are killing each other at high rates? Civilian men go to prison for that. Several officers have gotten off easy.

Old 03-03-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Jim Crow was over 50 years ago. Led by the democrats of course. Strange how you voted for your klansmen then because they offered handouts.

Quit playing the victim. Racism isn't a big problem. Granted to those looking for their crutch it is.

btw Not nearly as much as blacks, but whites were under the yoke of Jim Crow. They couldn't serve who they wanted and how they wanted to, on their own property because the big government that you loved said they couldn't.

Because of your racism you have no problem with Affirmative Action. Granted this time it's whites who are under the yoke so that's no big deal, right? Oh but look over here at something that doesn't exist.
So what if Democrats were leading it back then? Many Republicans were no better. Look up the Lily-White Movement. And then consider that many southern Democrats switched to the Republican Party right after the Civil Rights Act got passed. While some northern Republicans supported the Civil Rights Act, no southern Republicans supported it.

Jim Crow might have ended 50 years ago. It doesn't that discrimination has ended. It doesn't mean police brutality has ended. You don't get to decide how I feel about how I'm treated, so this "don't play the victim" line, get out of my face with that crap.

And something else. Don't try to downplay Jim Crow. It was meant explicitly to control Black people. And many in the South supported it.

And something else. White women benefit from affirmative action in large numbers.

You're not changing my mind so don't even try.

Old 03-03-2019, 05:00 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,566,666 times
The media has an agenda so they are only going to focus on specific cases with a specific narrative......

A lot of people see this narrative and believes this to be "reality." Engineering consent through manipulating people's perceived reality is an extremely powerful tool.

Old 03-03-2019, 05:18 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Naive? Wow!!

I'm plenty aware of the violence committed by men. So what? I do not care. So what if men are stronger than women? I do not care.
If men are stronger than women, then it should behoove a woman not to get into fisticuffs with a man. It should serve as a caution of "don't be stupid". However, I've seen videos of women actually physically fight with the police and manage to live to tell about it. As for the men, a man doesn't have to fight a police officer to get shot. The chances of a man living to tell about it is MUCH MUCH LOWER. I don't care if there are more men committing violent crimes. I don't care if men are stronger than women. I care about the frequency. On the occasion that a Black man uses violence with an officer vs when a Black woman uses violence with an officer, who is more likely to die? A Black man.

So what if men are killing each other at high rates? Civilian men go to prison for that. Several officers have gotten off easy.

You don't have to care but you do have to connect the dots. With regard to this topic, the violence against police officers is a factor that plays into some of them being trigger happy. Yes, some are racist, some are profiling and shooting unnecessarily, but some are just trying to do their jobs while being attacked or shot at.

The death of Laquon McDonald shouldn't have happened. The death of Philando Castile shouldn't have happened. The death of Daniel Shaver shouldn't have happened. The deaths of Walter Scott and Zachary Hammond shouldn't have happened. The list is endless. Cops shouldn't be going from zero to shooting someone in 10 seconds. They need better training, psychological testing by a third party, removal from all departments nationwide, if necessary, and protective equipment for those serving in rougher neighborhoods.

I'm not a fan of cops, but they are not 100% to blame. They're being killed for no reason, citizens are calling 911 to report fake crimes to lure them out and kill them, and the stats provided show they are more apt to be killed or physically assaulted by black males between the ages of 18 and 34 than any other group.

You can't intelligently discuss the issue of cops wrongfully killing black males while refusing to look at all factors.

Old 03-03-2019, 05:43 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
You don't speak for all people.

Some whites have experienced grotesque racism directed their way - Ray Widstrand, in my neighborhood, got a healthy dose of it. He's a vegetable today because people didn't like him because he was white. I can give you plenty more examples. I have personal experiences that would make most people's skin crawl if I told you how my little sister was treated in her very diverse middle school. Horrible stuff. Some whites are indiscriminately gunned down by men in uniform.

We're all human, and we all suffer.

Old 03-03-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
50% of all violent crime is carried out by a very small percentage of the population.

Maybe people from this community should be working on this endemic problem?
And the majority of those killed by Black men are not policemen. It's mostly Black men being killed. Black men are the nation's top murder victim. The difference is that Black killers go to prison. This isn't guaranteed when an officer does this.

Something else. If you're implying that I shouldn't care that I could get killed by an officer, then you have a sick mindset. The way I see it, the police are suppose to serve and protect. I expect better from an officer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies