Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2019, 11:05 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,104,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Per capita, more Blacks get shot than Whites. A higher raw number of Whites get shot, but Blacks per capita get shot more. And before the detractors come to this post, yes, I'm very aware of the crime rates for Blacks in this country. I do not care. Committing a crime should not be grounds for a police officer to shoot someone.

I notice something else. The vast majority of those shot by police officers are MEN. Black women have been known to get in fisticuffs with police officers and live to tell about it. A Black man is more likely to be shot for just looking like he might inflict violence towards an officer than a Black woman who actually does inflict violence towards an officer.

Furthermore, even with the officer is guilty as sin, said officer has a chance of getting off. What is angering many people is that an officer can get away without a murder charge, even with camera footage showing said officer basically murdering said civilian. What disturbs me is that a civilian is expected to behave better than an officer is.
More men commit violent crime than women.

I also believe - I think I have read that whites are actually more likely to get shot/killed by a police since according to the statistics in relation to population, whites are less likely to interact with police in a negative way.

Also: BLACK COPS ARE JUST AS LIKELY AS WHITE COPS TO KILL BLACK SUSPECTS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Per capita, more Blacks get shot than Whites. A higher raw number of Whites get shot, but Blacks per capita get shot more. And before the detractors come to this post, yes, I'm very aware of the crime rates for Blacks in this country. I do not care. Committing a crime should not be grounds for a police officer to shoot someone.

I notice something else. The vast majority of those shot by police officers are MEN. Black women have been known to get in fisticuffs with police officers and live to tell about it. A Black man is more likely to be shot for just looking like he might inflict violence towards an officer than a Black woman who actually does inflict violence towards an officer.

Furthermore, even with the officer is guilty as sin, said officer has a chance of getting off. What is angering many people is that an officer can get away without a murder charge, even with camera footage showing said officer basically murdering said civilian. What disturbs me is that a civilian is expected to behave better than an officer is.

From the above-linked article:

Quote:
Crunching the numbers, the researchers report "white police officers actually kill black and other minority suspects at lower rates than we would expect if killings were randomly distributed among officers of all races."

In contrast, "we find that nonwhite officers kill both black and Latino suspects at significantly higher rates than white officers," they write.

LOL!

Old 03-03-2019, 11:09 AM

73,115 posts, read 62,763,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
More men commit violent crime than women.

I also believe - I think I have read that whites are actually more likely to get shot/killed by a police since according to the statistics in relation to population, whites are less likely to interact with police in a negative way.
Even when Whites interact with the police in a negative way vs Blacks interacting with the police in a negative way, who gets shot more?

There are more Whites in this country than Blacks. Whites outnumber Blacks 5 to 1, so duh, more Whites are getting shot by the police. Per capita, more Blacks are getting shot. However, who gets shot MORE for being violent with the police relative to the population?

And furthermore, yes, men commit more violent crimes than women. This doesn't explain why when policemen deal with violent men, they are more likely to shoot violent men than violent women. Shouldn't it be the same for everyone?

Old 03-03-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
From the above-linked article:

LOL!
Notice I didn't mention the race of the officers involved. What means more to me is MY likelihood of getting shot by an officer.

293 posts, read 121,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
457 dead as of June. Where are you Liberals? Where are the protests and claims of racism against whites?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/
People are still asking this question?

Hard to cure ignorance, I guess.

2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
The real question is how many whites get shot in the back or while unarmed?

Really, that's the real issue. Ok, how many blacks get shot in the back or while unarmed? Can you please tell us?

Old 03-03-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Notice I didn't mention the race of the officers involved. What means more to me is MY likelihood of getting shot by an officer.
50% of all violent crime is carried out by a very small percentage of the population.

Maybe people from this community should be working on this endemic problem?

Old 03-03-2019, 11:20 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Even when Whites interact with the police in a negative way vs Blacks interacting with the police in a negative way, who gets shot more?

There are more Whites in this country than Blacks. Whites outnumber Blacks 5 to 1, so duh, more Whites are getting shot by the police. Per capita, more Blacks are getting shot. However, who gets shot MORE for being violent with the police relative to the population?

And furthermore, yes, men commit more violent crimes than women. This doesn't explain why when policemen deal with violent men, they are more likely to shoot violent men than violent women. Shouldn't it be the same for everyone?

It's perception! Violent men are perceived as more of a threat to men than violent woman are to men by those men who are being threatened.

Old 03-03-2019, 11:21 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,399,409 times
Quote:
Whites.

Old 03-03-2019, 11:28 AM

In my 32 years (soon to be 33 this year), I've learned that committing a crime is not the only way to increase your contact with the police. Sometimes just being viewed as a threat is enough. Someone could call the police on you just for simply being in a certain place. You could have the right to be there but someone feels you don't belong there and calls the police. Sometimes officers can view you as a suspicious person for being in a certain area and pull you over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies