Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2019, 05:50 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Why the person got shot is a good thing to look at. These are the questions that need to be asked.

3) Who is more likely to get shot to death when offering non-deadly force?
There is no such thing as non-deadly force when you are out on the street. That's totally bogus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 05:55 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
There is no such thing as non-deadly force when you are out on the street. That's totally bogus.
Police officers have tasers and batons. There are non-lethal ways to deal with a person who isn't shooting or wielding a knife. If a suspect is swinging at you, you can take a baton and beat the suspect. You can use a taser. If shooting is necessary, you shoot said person in the leg, not the head or heart. I've seen videos where persons have gotten into fisticuffs with police and were taken into custody without a shot being fired.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:00 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,653 times
Quote:
Police officers have tasers and batons. There are non-lethal ways to deal with a person who isn't shooting or wielding a knife. If a suspect is swinging at you, you can take a baton and beat the suspect. You can use a taser. If shooting is necessary, you shoot said person in the leg, not the head or heart. I've seen videos where persons have gotten into fisticuffs with police and were taken into custody without a shot being fired.
Movie scenes are not real life. Aim at center mass until the threat is gone.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:17 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
You continue to show you are out of touch with reality and thus your arguments are not credible.
You never shoot to wound, you shoot to kill. Shooting to wound will get you killed and is unheard of.

You ought to join the Police volunteer group and go do some ride alongs with some actual cops.
Your entire philosophy would change.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:22 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
If this is in relation to the POS that was shot in his parents yard after running from the police and trying to get back in the house, that was a justifiable shooting. He was a stupid low life, breaking into his neighbors cars and then stupidly running from the police. Idiots shouldn't waste time protesting this case when there are real cases of police going off the rails and murdering civilians. Black and white.
No this is about Walter Scott being shot in the back after running from a cop after a traffic stop, or the boy that was shot 20 times in Chicago, or the man that was shot on the ground after he surrendered in Oklahoma.

The example you quoted didn't require deadly force.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:29 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I'm conservative, so I figure most of them had it coming. Other than that, working 6 days a week tends to put an end to your protesting days. Antifa and BLM wouldn't exist if we truly reached full employment.

So, being conservative makes you assume guilt until innocence is proven?

I guess we'll see conservatives voting to remove Trump from office. eh?

Old 03-06-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You continue to show you are out of touch with reality and thus your arguments are not credible.
You never shoot to wound, you shoot to kill. Shooting to wound will get you killed and is unheard of.

You ought to join the Police volunteer group and go do some ride alongs with some actual cops.
Your entire philosophy would change.
I know people who are police officers, so I will ask them what is going on. I'll take the word of a police officer before I take your word.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Movie scenes are not real life. Aim at center mass until the threat is gone.
I'm not talking about movie scenes, I'm talking about real life videos.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I'm conservative, so I figure most of them had it coming. Other than that, working 6 days a week tends to put an end to your protesting days. Antifa and BLM wouldn't exist if we truly reached full employment.
Antifa might now, but BLM still would. And by the way, 5 days, not 6 days, consists of a work week. You do get weekends off.

Something else. Working isn't going to stop people from protesting. If someone works 5 days a week. they have their days off to go out and protest. And some people likely lost their jobs thanks to certain political activities. The only way protests are going to stop is if the right to protest is taken away, and even then it won't work.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:11 AM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post

It seem like OJ Simpson got away with murder. I personally think if OJ was white he would have been convicted in that trial b/c they had DNA evidence.
The reason OJ Simpson got off was because he could afford the kind of legal defense that wealthy white people can afford.

The kind of defense that Robert Blake could afford to get him off after he killed his wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies