Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2019, 07:29 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times

Advertisements

More whites are victims of a violent crime by a black person than black people are victims of crimes by white people. Nobody ever mentions this.

This is kind of interesting given how much a lot of liberals are focused on identity politics and skin color. Don't cherrypick the skin color statistics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 07:31 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
It is the same question because it is THE question that addresses your concern.
No it isn't. You asked how many cops were killed by Blacks vs Whites? That is not the same question as what I asked.

I asked this question regarding cops shooting someone due to feeling threatened: How many of those situations were actually threatening situations? There is a difference between feeling threatened and actually being threatened.

Notice I didn't ask about who was shooting at the police. I asked this: What it a life threatening situation based on the actual situation, or based on a feeling?

Old 03-05-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
More whites are victims of a violent crime by a black person than black people are victims of crimes by white people. Nobody ever mentions this.

This is kind of interesting given how much a lot of liberals are focused on identity politics and skin color.
And Blacks are the most likely in this country to be murdered. No one talks about that unless it's being used to complain about Black people. I notice the top time anyone mentions Blacks and crime is to complain about Black people and justify their disdain for Blacks.

Something else. Does that justify shooting a Black suspect if said Black suspect hasn't shot the officer? If you think it does, you have shown me how much of a threat you are to me.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And Blacks are the most likely in this country to be murdered. No one talks about that unless it's being used to complain about Black people. I notice the top time anyone mentions Blacks and crime is to complain about Black people and justify their disdain for Blacks.

Something else. Does that justify shooting a Black suspect if said Black suspect hasn't shot the officer? If you think it does, you have shown me how much of a threat you are to me.

Blacks are more likely to be shot by another black person than a white person. People with your politics focus on the shootings by a white person.

If you make a person like Michael Brown out as a victim, you don't care about the facts. He was on video at the gas station stealing something and be aggressive toward the cashier minutes before he was shot by a cop. The assertion by leftists that Brown was a sweetheart is Soviet sytle propaganda meant to race bait minorities to get out the vote.

I think most of the shootings occur because the person shot became aggressive or has a gun. It doesn't have anything to do with race. You are assuming it is based on race.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Blacks are more likely to be shot by another black person than a white person. People with your politics focus on the shootings by a white person.

If you make Michael Brown out as a victim, you don't care about the facts.
You don't know what my politics are, so cut the crap.

Michael Brown was no angel. However, I've seen videos of Black females fight the police, literally, like fisticuffs. You don't about those incidents ending in a shooting death. Just mainly Black men. This leaves me with this question. On the occasion a suspect uses violence on an officer, who is more likely to get killed based on race and gender (per capita)?

And I know about Black on Black crime. I've talked about it on other threads. You only bring up Black on White crime to deflect from this subject of this thread. This is why I called your bluff. And something else. Black on black crime is horrible. Guess what? Civilian murderers go to prison. If a police officer commits some kind of carnage, said officer is more likely to get off. I expect better behavior from a police officer(of any race) than an thug/hood rat type.

And not once did I say "white officer". I said "officer". It has not only been White police officers who have committed police brutality. This has happened from minority officers.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:39 PM

I don't think talking about race statistics broken out by race is trying to deflect if you are talking about race statistics.

My point is don't cherrypick race stats.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:42 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,378,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No it isn't. You asked how many cops were killed by Blacks vs Whites? That is not the same question as what I asked.

I asked this question regarding cops shooting someone due to feeling threatened: How many of those situations were actually threatening situations? There is a difference between feeling threatened and actually being threatened.

Notice I didn't ask about who was shooting at the police. I asked this: What it a life threatening situation based on the actual situation, or based on a feeling?
You can't be serious. The way to get the information you want is to ask the question I asked. Shooting at police produces a real life-threatening situation for the cops, and the most threatening situations are the ones in which cops are actually killed.

So how does that break down by race?

Old 03-05-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
It is obvious what your politics are if you are calling El Rushbo a racist. You sound like Al Sharpton, Maxine Waters, etc.

When comments like "get the bone out of your nose", yes I see Rush Limbaugh as a bigot. When Rush Limbaugh found out Idris Elba got the role of James Bond, he had a fit, and got racial about it.

I sound like Al Sharpton and Maxine Waters to you because you don't like what I have to say.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:45 PM

You sound like Al Sharpton because you falsely called Rush a racist.

Get the bone out of your nose is not a racist comment. It is a satirical way to call somebody a caveman. You are the one making it about skin color and racism which isn'[t surprising b/c you talk about racism a lot on here.

Leftists / 'progressives' are always calling conservatives Neanderthals. We could make that out racist. It is the same meaning.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You can't be serious. The way to get the information you want is to ask the question I asked. Shooting at police produces a real life-threatening situation for the cops, and the most threatening situations are the ones in which cops are actually killed.

So how does that break down by race?
I said earlier, shoot an officer, expect to get shot back. I'm talking about situations where the officer wasn't shot at but the officer shot someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies