Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2018, 10:30 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Again, has nothing to do with race.
5 year olds make mistakes. The mother could have taught him about it.
The asian guy is a full blown adult though, why didn't he learn his lesson about punching women? Or punching people with their back turned? Do you blame the thug, or the thugs parents?

It really shouldn't have anything to do with race.
A man sucker punched a woman in response to a glancing open hand 'shove' (I think shove is over doing it) as she was walking away.

One of the first things that decent parents teach their sons is that we should never hit a woman.

The store owner will likely get community service as a punishment. I wonder how he'll be able to throw himself away with the rest of the trash he picks up on the side of a highway.
Yeah, I agree.

As a retail stores owner, I can tell you that many little kids (of all races) took things from us. The parents usually apologize profusely and the kids usually apologize too. (good for the parents and I have no doubts the kids will grow up to be good people.) I think it is a good learning opportunity for the kids, but calling 5 year old thief and thug? nah, I don't think it is necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 10:31 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
You're description of the mother and continued hostilities only continue to proove the point.. as you'and others rage on. We are only made to see who all are throug rhetoric. Not kidding anyone by trying to shade it.

And as I said I'm not defending the actions of any of the people involved, but, how certain CD members time and time again love to use threads of this nature to spread their bigotry in the guise of something else.
Bigotry against what? Criminals? Bad parents?

There are only a handful trying to pretend that this is about race so they can voice their "outrage" and throw a tantrum.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:32 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
LOL! And I was the one that made the statement that people are getting crazier and crazier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I prefer weed and a good 10-mile run in the park in Montecito Hills. Great views of downtown and no homeless or feces! That's a gem in L.A.

lol Thanks for the laugh!

Old 08-15-2018, 10:41 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,468,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Bigotry against what? Criminals? Bad parents?

There are only a handful trying to pretend that this is about race so they can voice their "outrage" and throw a tantrum.
I'm sure you will continue to say so and I won't try to persuade you otherwise, I don't argue such types who play these games. As you were toyboy.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:54 AM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
And as I said I'm not defending the actions of any of the people involved, but, how certain CD members time and time again love to use threads of this nature to spread their bigotry in the guise of something else.
I think it's important to note that the actual mainstream news headline goes racial right from the start.

When the narrative coming from the national media tries to drag race into an altercation that happens many times a day in this country between people of the same race it's a sad state of affairs when a minor assault gets pushed up to national attention because we got an Asian vs. a Black.

There's the root problem right there.

We live in a country where the media and some of our own ignorant citizens try to make every bad action and every conflict about race instead of individuals.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:57 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
My thing is this, black folks need to open up their own businesses again that caters to their own communities. IF blacks had their own beautician salons in mass, such incidents like this would be very rare like the one in Brooklyn NY.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:03 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
My thing is this, black folks need to open up their own businesses again that caters to their own communities. IF blacks had their own beautician salons in mass, such incidents like this would be very rare like the one in Brooklyn NY.
Agreed!!! Blacks need to have their own businesses. They also need black police people to police them, so that they can stop using the race card and just retire it.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:07 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
I'm sure you will continue to say so and I won't try to persuade you otherwise, I don't argue such types who play these games. As you were toyboy.
I didn't expect you to make a rational argument. Most racists can't.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:10 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Agreed!!! Blacks need to have their own businesses. They also need black police people to police them, so that they can stop using the race card and just retire it.
Having a black police force to police black folks will be far worse than how blacks presume how a mostly white police force treat them. Did you see the video of a black police officer in Baltimore pummel that the crap out of a black civilian? it was really horrible and disturbing. My best bet is for blacks to police themselves without the need of the police. Blacks will blame white supremacy and racism on an all black police force.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:15 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,468,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think it's important to note that the actual mainstream news headline goes racial right from the start.

When the narrative coming from the national media tries to drag race into an altercation that happens many times a day in this country between people of the same race it's a sad state of affairs when a minor assault gets pushed up to national attention because we got an Asian vs. a Black.

There's the root problem right there.

We live in a country where the media and some of our own ignorant citizens try to make every bad action and every conflict about race instead of individuals.
Often quite true and I wish it would stop all around, but too many of us love the divisiveness and so it sells and makes money for the people reporting the stories and gives more platforms for those with bigot views to spout off their hatefulness. No one wins it just continues to fuel hostilities. It's just so difficult from my part to stay quiet when I see the bigotry around these parts, do I let it go unchallenged or do I say my piece, knowing it makes little difference in these parts.

I never knew so much outright hate still existed blacks till I became a member of this site. Now I question so many more of my encounters. I hate feeling this way, but, what my eyes have been opened over the years where as I once was of the thought that some of us made too much out of some things, I now know I had my head in the sand. I grew up always having a diverse group of friends from the time I could walk and of course I knew racism existed, I wasn't immune to it's reach. I just never witness it to the degree I have since living in the NC, FL and participating on forums like this.

BTW, I don't support any of the behaviors of the people in those neighborhoods who act as they do toward the proprietors of those nail or beauty shops, those folks should hang their heads in shame. But so should some of the store owners in how they treat their customers no matter the ethnicity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies