Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the FBI, CIA, NSA, etc. politicized for Democrat Party and against Republican Party?
Yes 116 48.54%
No 123 51.46%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 07:41 AM

21,952 posts, read 9,522,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I guess you didn't read the FBI texts.
Of course she didn't.

Old 05-24-2019, 07:54 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times
Most people know Barr isn't credible after the numerous lies and cover-ups. The guy tried to mischaracterize the Mueller report, Iran-Contra and Iraqgate. He is a Trump and radical hack.

Old 05-24-2019, 08:10 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,091,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Most people know Barr isn't credible after the numerous lies and cover-ups. The guy tried to mischaracterize the Mueller report, Iran-Contra and Iraqgate. He is a Trump and radical hack.
Pretty much.

This thread has completely backfired on the OP lol.

Trump has essentially weaponized the DOJ to hurt his enemies politically.

This is by far the biggest mistake Trump has made yet. Even some Republicans are questioning this.

Old 05-24-2019, 08:12 AM

28,681 posts, read 18,811,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
DC voted 10-1 Democrat over Republican in last election, these are the people working at these departments. Add the fact that obama for 8 years ensured the tops of these organizations were his sycophants and you have organizations extremely hostile to everyday Americans with a Republican perspective.
No, the residents of DC are lower level government "rabble."

The >GS-11 and SES-level Executive Branch bureaucracy live in Virginia and Maryland.

Eight years isn't much in terms of an executive-level Civil Service worker's career. They all expect to have much longer careers than whatever short-timer is in the White House. A manager or executive in the Executive Branch today has already been through four or five presidents and expects to go through two or three more. They are not partisan--they expect to keep doing their jobs regardless of the party of the president.

However, it's entirely possible that Trump himself has filled the permanent bureaucracy with fear and loathing of him, personally, particularly in his friendship with Putin. Most of those people know Putin as an agent of the KGB and a deadly enemy all their lives.

Everything about Putin is just wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong to them, and they've got a president who is buddy-buddy with a man who has been their lifelong enemy.

Old 05-24-2019, 10:39 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Pretty much.

This is by far the biggest mistake Trump has made yet. Even some Republicans are questioning this.
Rosenstein's easy exit is questionable given he signed off on the FISA application presented by Comey. Something is up when Trump frees him from public political humiliation so easily. Yet he hasn't let others like Brennan, Comey, McCabe etc off. I agree with Schiff. Rosenstein needs to be hauled in to testify.

Old 05-24-2019, 11:05 AM

17,670 posts, read 6,928,439 times
Quote:
You're not the best judge of credibility. You continue to find Democrats in Congress and the media credible, even after it's just been proven that they've been lying to you for 2+ years over "Russian collusion."

Old 05-24-2019, 11:11 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,131,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Catbox Lady View Post
No.

I say I have never seen a More Paranoid and Gullible bunch than the Trumpsters.
Not a conspiracy theory on earth they don't seem to buy, and now they are paranoid to boot...
thinking that all the Main Intelligence and Law Enforcement Agencies are out to get them...them...the party of law and order.

It could be that all the Law Enforcement Agencies are in the Deep State, out to get Trump,
or it could be that they are just doing their jobs and Trump once again has been up to something shady and is lying about it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRS_targeting_controversy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_...llance_program)

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ac_140244.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillar...il_controversy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthon...on_and_divorce - Note the contents in the paragraph starting with "On September 21, 2016"

Old 05-24-2019, 06:37 PM

18,028 posts, read 27,479,203 times
Quote:

CoverUps?

Oh, you've been watching CNN and abc and mslsd, and cbs and Nancy Pelosi and ChucklebucketsSchumer and Comey and Clapper and Brennan and Schiffy and all those other idiots!

Welcome back to your echo chamber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Pretty much.

What can Trump do next to tick y'all off?

Oh yeah, his job and his job, and his job...

Isn't Bill Barr awesome? I like him so much better than Jeff Sessions.

Oh, and riddle me this, Batman?

How does ripping the blankets off the weaponized politicized "intelligence"community, the Dems, the Lamestream Blamestream Fakestream Mainstream media etc turn out to be a cover up?

Sounds like an ironical claim to me.

Old 05-24-2019, 07:45 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Law enforcement folks tend to be patriotic people with a low opinion of criminals.

Since Republicans are determined to undermine the Constitution and commit one crime after the next, it probably feels like the FBI, CIA, etc. are against them.

Old 05-24-2019, 08:17 PM

18,028 posts, read 27,479,203 times
Statement from White House Press Secretary

"Today's action will help ensure that all Americans learn the truth about the events that occurred, and the actions that were taken, during the last presidential election."

Yup.

Politics is too slow.

I've been so busy at work and in my life now that I just don't have time for it, and that's a good thing.

But I'll be back when something good starts happening and it will, as evidenced by liberals' heads literally twisting off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies