Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2008, 04:00 PM

200 posts, read 121,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Homosexuality is not natural, it is induced or it occurs as a natural phenomenon.

It is natural for a species to survive. A homosexual species is not natural because it is impossible for them to propagate. A remote island community of homosexuals would not continue past their individual life-spans... that is not compatible with life.

All other things aside, my contribution to human kind is to further its existence... that is what any other living organism does, correct?

With that said, I see marriage as intellectual of a decision as it is emotional... the union of two natural partners with a unique mutual attraction. This union (ideally) effectively fulfills the desire of 100% of the genders and contributes to the furthering of mankind.... Homosexual marriage can only fulfill half of my definition of marriage, thus I do not encourage homosexuality in any way.
With such broad, sure sounding, and confident statements, I'd assume you're some kind of medical expert? But there's a problem - even if you were, which I know you aren't, your assertions are the complete opposite that experts in medicine and psychology report about homosexuality, and is backed by organizations like the American Psychological Association.

I wonder who's got a better grasp on reality - you or the APA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 04:01 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
How is changing the definition of one man to one woman to two consenting adults radically changing the definition?.
Are you serious?

One man plus one woman = two consenting adults?

Man, you must not think much of men. Or women.

"Sorry, Janice. You're going to have to stand on tiptoes and sit on that little urinal ledge to pee. Hey, I know the little yellow disinfectant cake burns. But trnmeon says you're a consenting adult, and that's it."

Old 04-04-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
I am certainly no expert, I am just compiling simple facts. I think that it is frequently intellectually induced. Human intellect is strong enough to overcome the natural urges of the body, that is why (IMO) homosexuality is so prevalent among humans... we have the most powerful brains. The rest is purely natural phenomena.
Absolutely none of your so-called "simple facts" are facts at all, rather a result of your own bias, ignorance, and prejudice. I love when anti-gay bigots try to use their bogus bible or just make up their own "science" in an attempt to justify their latent and deep-rooted hatred of gays.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Yes, I can make such a statement and say it is not hatred. I do not hate gays...

I think that you need to realize the difference between disagreement and hatred.
Just like I think heterosexual sex is absolutely disgusting - how in the world can a man get turned on by some smelly fish trap? The thought is absolutely repulsive to me.

Oh, and I don't hate straights....I just disagree with them.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:08 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trnmeon View Post
Just like I think heterosexual sex is absolutely disgusting - how in the world can a man get turned on by some smelly fish trap? The thought is absolutely repulsive to me.

Oh, and I don't hate straights....I just disagree with them.
I must admit that if more people thought like you do, we wouldn't have to worry about overpopulation.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
And why is it ignorant? Perhaps I'm not "in line" with the hedonistic tendancies of liberal society...maybe you are ignorant of the fact that a lot of Americans do share this view.
I've already proved with statistics that Americans are some of the most backward in thinking when compared to other wealthy and industrialized nations.

That is afterall what happens when 80% of your population is Christian. The fact of the matter is that, no matter how many of you haters oppose homosexuality, it has existed, exists, and will continue to exist no matter how much you oppose it.

Regardless of how strongly you believe it is a choice, and unnatural, the fact remains that it has existed along heterosexuality for all this time, and is merely a valid, alternative to heterosexuality.

The fact also remains, no matter how stongly assert your god and your bible as truth and reality, that it isn't - that it merely is a book (with no outside evidence to support it), written by a bunch of men with little understanding of well...anything.

So far, science has disproved basically every biblical assertion, including the one that calls homosexuality unnatural. So unless you choose to believe the Sun revolves around Earth and the story of Adam and Eve are true, I suggest you get a grip in regards to homosexuality.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:12 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,115,379 times
Quote:
Absolutely none of your so-called "simple facts" are facts at all, rather a result of your own bias, ignorance, and prejudice. I love when anti-gay bigots try to use their bogus bible or just make up their own "science" in an attempt to justify their latent and deep-rooted hatred of gays.
I love when anti-Christian bigots attempt to use science to justify their latent and deep-rooted hatred of Christians...and their "lifestyle" choice.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:14 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,115,379 times
Quote:
I've already proved with statistics that Americans are some of the most backward in thinking when compared to other wealthy and industrialized nations.
Oh, you mean the nations that have less individual freedom, higher taxes, and are generally morally bankrupt?

Old 04-04-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Are you serious?

One man plus one woman = two consenting adults?

Man, you must not think much of men. Or women.

"Sorry, Janice. You're going to have to stand on tiptoes and sit on that little urinal ledge to pee. Hey, I know the little yellow disinfectant cake burns. But trnmeon says you're a consenting adult, and that's it."
Why do you care so much? How is gay marriage personally affecting you? I don't know about you, but I have much better things to do than worry about what two consenting adults choose to do, and that includes marriage.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:18 PM

730 posts, read 2,254,808 times
Quote:
Gay marriage is insulting...gays can have a "marriage" and play house with heterosexual's children all they want but it doesn't make them a family.

What a hateful statement. So if a heterosexual couple adopt- They are playing house?? Only a couple who are opposite sex can care about and support themselves and their children? Gay parents sure as heck beat two indifferent, uncaring straight ones! Do the sex organs of two parents determine their ablility to love?

Thats like saying "oh lets leave this child in a home with his meth addict parent-at least its a "real family".

I know a lot of geneticly connected heterosexual people who are FAR from being a family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies