Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 12:24 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Everyone knows about Kanye West and his MAGA hats. No comment really needed. As far as I know, Trump is still on track to hold some kind of racial 'summit' with Kanye and Candace Owens in Oct. 2018.

But there have been several other notable hip hop artists to fall victim to the siren song of conservatism. In 2012 Nicki Minaj rapped in a song:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS...ry?id=17153313

Rapper 50 Cent is reportedly an active investor and businessman who leans Republican. He helped found a sports drink company that was sold to Coca Cola for $4.1 billion. The Trump campaign approached him in 2017, and to his credit he rebuffed them.

Lastly is this rant by singer Cardi B regarding government spending. I have heard this played on a conservative talk show (warning: LANGUAGE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvDQjUBHG5U

I am especially concerned because these are people who are very influential among young African Americans. They are being steered down a very wrong path. What can be done to correct this?
This IS the correction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 12:28 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Disturbing trend: hip hop artists succumb to the siren song of conservatism.
In my opinion, that's not really something to celebrate. Let the Dark Side (meaning modern collective liberalism) keep them.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:38 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Yeah, much better to keep them rapping/hip hopping about gang raping women, robbing whitey, dealing drugs, killing cops, their perpetual victimhood, collecting numerous baby mamas, looting, destroying businesses ......
Lol! With your ideas about black Americans, it's no wonder that the Rightie Ideologue is a hit with people of color. Wave of the future I tell ya.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Couldn't rep you, DD but .

I love it when certain cons on here start coming after you.
I don’t know why they bother. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
It is pretty amusing. I never get used to it... it's always so weird... but I have learned to laugh at it.

This thread is so bizzare.
They’ve found an outlet for their obsession with African Americans.

They can’t talk greasy to us in person, so they do it here.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:56 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don’t know why they bother. Lol
Agreed Stupid is forever.

Quote:
They’ve found an outlet for their obsession with African Americans.

They can’t talk greasy to us in person, so they do it here.
lol@talk greasy. That the new botbuzzword of the day? How about putting the focus on raising children in a 2 parent family instead "talking that talk"?

Old 09-17-2018, 02:36 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,607,656 times
If some of these hip hop artists are trying to get Black people to vote Republican, it isn't working. Kanye West isn't getting more Blacks to become Republicans. Neither is Cardi B. I don't think that "being on the plantation" has anything to do with it. And using the term "plantation" is just a term used to shame Black people who don't want to vote Republican.

Old 09-17-2018, 03:34 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
yes this is terrible. humans thinking for themselves and using their influence to aid causes they believe in.

they have not come to understand that only liberal famous people are allowed to do this.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Agreed Stupid is forever.

lol@talk greasy. That the new botbuzzword of the day? How about putting the focus on raising children in a 2 parent family instead "talking that talk"?
I raised my son in a two parent household. Try doing the same for your children instead of attempting to advise me about doing something that I already did with flying colors AND some.

Of course, that would requiring getting a woman first in your case. Start there.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
yes this is terrible. humans thinking for themselves and using their influence to aid causes they believe in.

they have not come to understand that only liberal famous people are allowed to do this.
Oh? Big fan of hip hop now, huh?

Old 09-17-2018, 05:57 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
I raised my son in a two parent household. Try doing the same for your children instead of attempting to advise me about doing something that I already did with flying colors AND some.
It's not about you, it's about the fact that 70% of black children are raised in single parent homes. But hey you got your kicks and you get to falsely play the race card.

Quote:
Of course, that would requiring getting a woman first in your case. Start there.
lol You have no idea because I dont make it about me. I make it about the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies