Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2018, 10:27 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,526,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
There isn't a single question in your post. Instead its a series of misleading statements that are either purposefully so or the result of a poor intellect. You can keep your condescension to yourself. I don't need your pity.
Please refresh yourself with Post #96, in which I quoted you, and asked you this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Just out of curiosity, did you feel the same way when liberals lambasted Trump for allegedly mocking a disabled reporter?
Perhaps you need to rethink your rancor. I haven't done anything to earn it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 10:32 AM

16,686 posts, read 8,690,952 times
Quote:
I am on the fence about whether or not Trump's motions were mockery; I've always been because Trump's own body language is so freakin' bizarro, but that's not the point here at all.

Liberals have spent the past two-plus years highlighting that incident as an example of Trump's outrageously rude and mocking behavior toward others - particularly someone disabled. And now here we are two years later, with a pretty clearcut example of the same exact type of behavior, except this time by a progressive toward a conservative ... except as of yet we are not seeing the same mobilization of liberal mouthpieces decrying Davidson's behavior. We won't, either.

It's akin to Samantha Bee skating away with calling Ivanka Trump an extremely lewd profanity on the air, while Roseanne Barr was fired and ex-communicated from Hollywood for calling Valerie Jarrett an ape on Twitter. Countless examples out there, and on BOTH sides, of recent behavior by celebrities and politicians doing the same exact thing. Rampant hyprocrisy. Truly rampant hypocrisy.

It's what's really tearing us all apart. The fact that we don't just even care anymore. Principles mean very little. We just talk smack and ignore the standard of behavior that we demand from others around us.
This thread is obviously not about Trump as much as liberals/leftists would like it to be as a deflection. However I will say I wish Trump were less bombastic, but that just seems to be the way many in your face New Yorkers are, including all the hand gestures and the like.
Still I am also grateful that Trump is not PC and does speak his mind rather than being the typical melee mouthed politician, afraid of their own shadow.

But as it relates to this situation SNL has once again shown they have no limit to how partisan they have become, and it hurts their ability to have half the country even want to watch them any longer. Plus the other half are not going to find skits like the one we are discussing to be funny, as only the hardcore leftist kooks would laugh/applaud of it.

`

Old 11-05-2018, 10:32 AM

48,581 posts, read 35,002,436 times
Nor Cal, I feel your questions had been addressed.

The answer was: The job, demeanor, and message of the Presidency is in no way similar to that of a comedian.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-05-2018, 10:34 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,950,309 times
Quote:
Please refresh yourself with Post #96, in which I quoted you, and asked you this:

Perhaps you need to rethink your rancor. I haven't done anything to earn it.

I wasn't aware that you were responsible for BOTH of the posts on this thread I felt were horrible enough to warrant a response. Well done. Your question was answered.

You base your entire "theory" on a false premise. The problem is "hypocrisy" but you base that on situations that are similar at best. You want it to be true but its not. You can't have real conversations when people are being purposefully dense.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:35 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,171,566 times
How can republicans be outraged about this but not about Trump castigating prisoners of war and gold star families? You can’t be on both sides.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:36 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,383,951 times
Nobody should be surprised by this. Its just how the left rolls.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:40 AM

17,154 posts, read 12,999,633 times
To the Trump supporters, you can save your fake outrage. You can't possibly feel that way about a combat veteran when you and other Trump supporters are the biggest fans of President Bonespurs there is.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:41 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,526,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Nor Cal, I feel your questions had been addressed.

The answer was: The job, demeanor, and message of the Presidency is in no way similar to that of a comedian.
Actually, the poster didn't answer my question at all - and even denied that I had asked one. But thank you for offering your own take of the situation.

And for the record, Donald Trump wasn't the President at the time of his alleged mockery of the disabled reporter. Although his standard of behavior should have been better voluntarily, he wasn't being a jackoff under the seal of the Presidency.

But does that really matter? Am I hearing this correctly - that there is a different standard of behavior in which mocking a disabled person is maybe a little OK? Because we are living in an era in which even the most minute cases of bullying and mockery are severely dealt with. The repercussions for belittling, mocking, and discriminating against others are very strong in this time. But we are seeing time and time again how politics greatly determines the outcome of social justice in these situations. It cannot be denied.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:47 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,407,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
How can republicans be outraged about this but not about Trump castigating prisoners of war and gold star families? You can’t be on both sides.
The deplorables don't care and are very , very proud of how they are able
to turn a blind eye to everything Trump has done because
you know, he is a business man and that is how they
do it in NY .
He has made America gullible again!! MAGA

Old 11-05-2018, 10:49 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,485,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I thought that was Bill Clintons excuse..gonorreah from a toothless Arkansas hillbilly prostitute
Why pick on Arkansas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies