Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2018, 10:15 PM

3,457 posts, read 1,460,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
RIP John McCain!
Yes, John would know, he shot out many a persons eye in combat. He also ordered many others to take out eyes in combat all over this world. I'm sure he would have seen the humor in it. Maybe...

But, on the topic, it's a comedy show and SNL has always ripped people and has always been tasteless. Alls fair in love and war, and we are definitely having a social war if anyone hasn't noticed. Those of us in the middle are just dodging bullets.

I'm sure he realized it wasn't meant as a harmful joke, even if it stung a bit personally. It's just how politics is now on both sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2018, 10:19 PM

18,069 posts, read 27,526,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Thank God for SNL. They just punched themselves in the crotch again.

They just put another Republican war hero on the map bigtime.
Yes, John would know, he shot out many a persons eye in combat. He also ordered many others to take out eyes in combat all over this world. I'm sure he would have seen the humor in it. Maybe...

But, on the topic, it's a comedy show and SNL has always ripped people and has always been tasteless. Alls fair in love and war, and we are definitely having a social war if anyone hasn't noticed. Those of us in the middle are just dodging bullets.

I'm sure he realized it wasn't meant as a harmful joke, even if it stung a bit personally. It's just how politics is now on both sides.
Dan Crenshaw! What's my name Bish!

Old 11-04-2018, 11:24 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,961,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It's like the whole Chris Rock on domestic violence... is domestic violence funny? No, but the routine kinda was. "I don't condone hitting a women.... but I understand...." Something like that.

Comedians go where PC doesn't.

Now if he made a joke that he deserved to lose an eye or something, yeah, I would be offended. But that's the thing with comedy, everyone has a different line, and a different sense of humor.
I agree humor goes into a direction that is taboo. The problem today is are jokes that talk about sexual assault and domestic violence funny no. They use to be entirely but now maybe too many of it won't be. I think the Chris Rock "... But I understand" was about 20 years ago. The only sure thing is George Carlin would have LOADS of material today if he was still alive.

Old 11-05-2018, 02:40 AM

15,553 posts, read 10,544,423 times
I've been known to have a pretty weird sense of humor sometimes. People with disabilities aren't always off limits in my book. And, I love to laugh at people from both political sides. But, what kills me about this one - the skit wasn't even funny. SNL hasn't been funny for a long time.

Old 11-05-2018, 03:52 AM

585 posts, read 494,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
His Dad was killed on 9/11. He was a fireman last seen going up the stairs while the TC was burning.

I dont like PD's sense of humor or any of that from SNL but I read he has some pretty serious issues growing up.
The blue haired freak has grown up?

Old 11-05-2018, 04:02 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,307,957 times

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=knIroVvPZU4

Ironically this is the line repubs have been feeding us for years. Except when it's one of them.

Old 11-05-2018, 04:09 AM

13,310 posts, read 7,889,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Trump insulted John McCain, not all veterans.
Trump never liked BLATANTLY stupid people.

McCain was BLATANTLY STUPID his entire life - and he got medals for it! (To cover it - for the stealth.)

The Vietnam revenge was sending him back to America.

"We don't want him, you can have him, he's too stupid for us."

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 11-05-2018 at 05:08 AM..

Old 11-05-2018, 04:18 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,470,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
These people know no bounds.

A little twink like Davidson leading the idiots in the audience in laughing at an ex- Navy Seal who served in Afghanistan and Iraq, and who lost an eye, is rich.

If you're a Republican running for office, nothing is off limits.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...-eye-in-combat
Wait.
I was told by conservatives on this forum that being offended by insensitive mocking/teasing/satire made you a weak snowflake.

So...which is it?

Me...I'll stick with not mocking anyone. It's not my style and the rules are getting too complicated.

Old 11-05-2018, 04:59 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,688,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
So if Trump says something stupid it is ok for another idiot to say something stupid about someone else? Neither comments are acceptable.

The President should NEVER say anything like that. And yes, if our LEADER says things like that, it certainly makes it more acceptable for regular discourse to become more offensive.

Old 11-05-2018, 05:03 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,676,344 times
Pete Davidson is stupid... but who cares about Pete Davidson, honestly! No doubt there is a double standard when someone can clearly step over the line and get a pass and others would surely be fired... oh well. Like I said, who cares about Pete Davidson.. the wheel keeps turning and his 15 minutes will be over soon enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies