Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2018, 09:57 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,947,541 times

Advertisements

"Just out of curiosity, did you feel the same way when liberals lambasted Trump for allegedly mocking a disabled reporter?"

Should our President be held to a higher standard than a comedian or is the American public too dumb to distinguish?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 09:58 AM

48,545 posts, read 34,911,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Just out of curiosity, did you feel the same way when liberals lambasted Trump for allegedly mocking a disabled reporter?

Again, a COMEDIAN's job is to make fun of things (Mencia: handicapped people, have you SEEN Roasts?!!).

You are comparing the job of the President to a comedian's job?!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-05-2018, 09:59 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,515,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I know this was directed at another poster, but why keep repeating debunked fake news
Trumps weird gesticulations has been used by him many times as a montage I watched has shown.
Yet of course the leftist press who wants to criticize him 24/7/365 needs to create false narratives to keep their unbroken record going.

`
I am on the fence about whether or not Trump's motions were mockery; I've always been because Trump's own body language is so freakin' bizarro, but that's not the point here at all.

Liberals have spent the past two-plus years highlighting that incident as an example of Trump's outrageously rude and mocking behavior toward others - particularly someone disabled. And now here we are two years later, with a pretty clearcut example of the same exact type of behavior, except this time by a progressive toward a conservative ... except as of yet we are not seeing the same mobilization of liberal mouthpieces decrying Davidson's behavior. We won't, either.

It's akin to Samantha Bee skating away with calling Ivanka Trump an extremely lewd profanity on the air, while Roseanne Barr was fired and ex-communicated from Hollywood for calling Valerie Jarrett an ape on Twitter. Countless examples out there, and on BOTH sides, of recent behavior by celebrities and politicians doing the same exact thing. Rampant hyprocrisy. Truly rampant hypocrisy.

It's what's really tearing us all apart. The fact that we don't just even care anymore. Principles mean very little. We just talk smack and ignore the standard of behavior that we demand from others around us.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
I am on the fence about whether or not Trump's motions were mockery; I've always been because Trump's own body language is so bizarro, but that's not the point here at all.

Liberals have spent the past two-plus years highlighting that incident as an example of Trump's outrageously rude and mocking behavior toward others - particularly someone disabled. And now here we are two years later, with a pretty clearcut example of the same exact type of behavior, except this time by a progressive toward a conservative ... except as of yet we are not seeing the same mobilization of liberal mouthpieces decrying Davidson's behavior. We won't, either.

It's akin to Samantha Bee skating away with calling Ivanka Trump an extremely lewd profanity on the air, while Roseanne Barr was fired and ex-communicated from Hollywood for calling Valerie Jarrett an ape. Countless examples out there, and on BOTH sides, of recent behavior by celebrities and politicians doing the same exact thing. Rampant hyprocrisy. Truly rampant hypocrisy.

It's what's really tearing us all apart. The fact that we don't just even care anymore. Principles mean very little. We just talk smack and ignore the standard of behavior that we demand from others around us.

What is obvious is the willing stupidity one has to engage in to reach your conclusions. There are clear distinguishable differences in each situation that are so easy to identify. These are not apples to apples comparisons and you know it.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:05 AM

40,954 posts, read 49,234,730 times
You would think ridiculing the handicapped would rile up even the Liberals. Especially a Vet who was injured in combat.

I guess it's acceptable if they do it and it's on SNL.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
What is obvious is the willing stupidity one has to engage in to reach your conclusions. There are clear distinguishable differences in each situation that are so easy to identify. These are not apples to apples comparisons and you know it.
Oh my, how quickly you resorted to snarky putdowns here. Thank you for demonstrating a living example of what I had just described in my last post: people with zero self-awareness.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Oh my, how quickly you resorted to snarky putdowns here. Thank you for demonstrating a living example of what I had just described in my last post: people with zero self-awareness.
Its tiresome when people attempt to distort reality purposefully. Try being honest with your postings and you'll get a warmer response.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:10 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,214,643 times
[quote=Pilot1;53552261]SNL hasn't been funny, nor relevant for decades. It has become a Far Left freak show, and their viewership, or lack thereof reflects that.[quote]

Oh good, I am glad you said that, I have been thinking all these decades it was because I stopped smoking my dope!

Old 11-05-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Its tiresome when people attempt to distort reality purposefully. Try being honest with your postings and you'll get a warmer response.
I asked you an extremely simplistic and unoffensive question that I am assuming forced you to (silently) reconcile your own flawed thinking. The result is a subsequent litany of snark aimed toward me, and still no response to my original question. Mind that flare-up, you poor dear.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
I asked you an extremely simplistic and unoffensive question that I am assuming forced you to (silently) reconcile your own flawed thinking. The result is a subsequent litany of snark aimed toward me, and still no response to my original question. Mind that flare-up, you poor dear.
There isn't a single question in your post. Instead its a series of misleading statements that are either purposefully so or the result of a poor intellect. You can keep your condescension to yourself. I don't need your pity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies