Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 09:00 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I think you lost track of the point. This is the post I responded to.

The article you referenced plainly states that the Turkey thing was only one of the details that Flynn cooperated on. Not exclusively!
I think it's you who lost track of the point. That poster is claiming the NYT supports Sperry's claims that the redacted material is about the Turkish lobbying issue. But the NYT made no such claim. They said "it appeared to be about" which means they are speculating. They don't know any more than the rest of us what was redacted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2018, 09:10 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I see that Trump supporters are preparing for the bad news by claiming deep state.

yep. i'm expecting that the report, when released, will solidify trump core followers' belief in a "deep state" conspiracy.

any facts presented in the report will just increase the scope of the conspiracy in their minds.

i think the fair-weather supporters will drop like flies tho, experiencing a kind of "trump hangover". waking up, rolling over and realizing the person in bed with them is nowhere close to attractive as they thought they were last night.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:57 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
yep. i'm expecting that the report, when released, will solidify trump core followers' belief in a "deep state" conspiracy.

any facts presented in the report will just increase the scope of the conspiracy in their minds.

i think the fair-weather supporters will drop like flies tho, experiencing a kind of "trump hangover". waking up, rolling over and realizing the person in bed with them is nowhere close to attractive as they thought they were last night.
Flynn Sentencing Memo Is Not Ominous

Old 12-06-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post

hopefully we'll get the opportunity to see the memo unredacted and watch what the response is.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:21 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
hopefully we'll get the opportunity to see the memo unredacted and watch what the response is.
The response is going to be one giant yawn. Bank on it.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:22 AM

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democrats taking control of the U.S. House of Representatives in January plan to send Special Counsel Robert Mueller the transcripts of testimony by some of President Donald Trump's closest associates so they can be reviewed for evidence and possible falsehoods, said three sources familiar with the matter.
Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner, son Donald Trump Jr, former advisers Roger Stone and Corey Lewandowski, personal aide Rhona Graff and former personal aides Hope Hicks and Keith Schiller all testified before the House Intelligence Committee....

Old 12-06-2018, 10:26 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
What is your definition of ominous?

Old 12-06-2018, 01:09 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
So, when he files an appeal and goes to court and the FBI agents who interviewed him REPEAT what they said, that he did NOT lie. What do think a judge will do?

LOL. OK you clearly do not comprehend things. WHAT would Flynn appeal? He pled guilty. You honestly cannot effectively appeal that sort of thing. You're done. You CAN appeal your sentence, but not your guilt. And given the recommendation that he spend ZERO time in jail, I find it bordering on the insane that he would appeal that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
What is your definition of ominous?
Jaws music for me. So far I hear that from this, I just dont know who is in the water because its redacted.

Old 12-06-2018, 01:35 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,089,994 times
Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democrats taking control of the U.S. House of Representatives in January plan to send Special Counsel Robert Mueller the transcripts of testimony by some of President Donald Trump's closest associates so they can be reviewed for evidence and possible falsehoods, said three sources familiar with the matter.
Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner, son Donald Trump Jr, former advisers Roger Stone and Corey Lewandowski, personal aide Rhona Graff and former personal aides Hope Hicks and Keith Schiller all testified before the House Intelligence Committee....
Sweet! Less than a month now until the adults take over the House. Get all that info to Mueller asap.

Trump's toady Devin Nunes will no longer be able to run interference for Trump and protect the Mushroom.

Old 12-07-2018, 12:24 AM

13,660 posts, read 9,727,106 times
Quote:
...unlikely, and if he is [pardoned] it doesn't change the situation. mueller is recommending zero jail time so that's not affected and flynn seems to have given all information to the satisfaction of mueller.
If Flynn is pardoned, he won't have to answer "yes" to the question of, "Have you ever had a criminal conviction". He would also presumably be eligible for a security clearance. That's the big difference between getting a pardon, and not... even if Flynn does zero time in jail, and pays zero in fines.

Quote:
This is overwhelmingly likely. Trump acolytes would interpret any blemishing of Trump as being a nefarious, conspiratorial attack... by "globalists", for example... or any bogeyman of the moment (illegals, "deep state", "the swamp", Democrats, George Soros,...).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies