Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 04:29 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,480,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_23 View Post
Why is the Trump administration going to collapse? Another delusional thought by the left. Mueller, the media and the world has slung everything they have at Trump and he is still POTUS. The witch hunt continues to find nothing ....no collusion, no obstruction. The biased media however would have you think otherwise and the left buys right into it.
Mueller has not completed his investigation yet so I'm not sure why you feel that Trump is so innocent. The collusion will be proven and the obstruction is blatant..i.e. firing Comey, dangling pardons etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2018, 05:01 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Martha Stewart was convicted partly of the same thing Flynn was. You can't lie to the feds or do insider trading. However she did do more time than the three Mueller has gotten convictions for so far. 44 days so far.

Even with a felony conviction it is possible for Flynn to get a federal security clearance. Not sure if that is even necessary depending on what he might do in the future. He will be fine. He can write a book and live off of that and his federal pension. His life is certainly not destroyed.

Look at those who actually served real time for their part in the Watergate break in. None of them got 14 days or no jail time.

https://www.history.com/news/waterga...e-are-they-now

Most of them had successful careers. Liddy used his status as a convicted felon as part of promoting his talk show career.

You seem like you are trying to take a few slaps on the wrist and make a molehill into a mountain. These are well connected people. Not your average Joe.

I don't think Papadopoulos is a "slippery operator". If you read about what he did he simply was naive and overzealous in trying to prove his worth to the Trump campaign. Obviously he won't ever be working for a political campaign again. That option is over. However he has a masters degree, speaks 4 languages and has worked as a consultant in the oil and gas industry. Besides losing 14 days of freedom I don't see how is conviction will have any effect on his life whatsoever. I have had employees with somewhat minor driving infractions who have spent more time locked up. Alex van der Zwaan is an attorney. What is going to change for him? He did get the harshest conviction so far of 30 days. Rick Gates, who knows. He could serve 5 years or nothing. I am sure there are plenty of opportunities for a guy that has the vast connections he has. I am not losing any sleep over his future. I doubt he is either.

These people are not living in homeless shelters trying to pick up the pieces of their lives. They are well connected politicos who have endless opportunities.

And remember there is a significant part of the political world that believes that this whole investigation is not warranted. So people like Gates will get sympathy and a helping hand. I don't agree with that assessment but many powerful people do.
"You can't lie to the feds"

Hillary, Comey, Brennan and other dems have and what happened to them?

"And remember there is a significant part of the political world that believes that this whole investigation is not warranted."

What we DO know is hillary PAID for the dossier that the feds used to get the FISA WARRANTS.

We DO know a lot of the info in the FISA warrants was NOT VETTED AND TURNED OUT TO NOT BE TRUE.

We DO know many at the top of the FBI and DoJ went from one investigator to the other and HAVE BEEN PROVEN to be VERY STRONGLY BIASED FOR hillary and against Trump.

We DO know Mueller, Comey and Rosenstein have LONG history of being involved in "investigating" the clinton's together and the Clinton's /SOMEHOW ALWAYS comes out ON TOP. Coincidence?

Old 12-07-2018, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Why do you assume all burger flippers are minority? Where my summer how is located the vast majority of them are white.

"Why do you assume"

I did NOT assume ANYTHING. Did I say ALL burger flippers?

Maybe YOU need a reading comprehension course!

Old 12-07-2018, 05:09 AM

16,283 posts, read 10,427,990 times
Quote:
Why is the Trump administration going to collapse? Another delusional thought by the left. Mueller, the media and the world has slung everything they have at Trump and he is still POTUS. The witch hunt continues to find nothing ....no collusion, no obstruction. The biased media however would have you think otherwise and the left buys right into it.

You have not seen the evidence so you have no idea that Mueller has found nothing. What you are doing is no different than claiming Actor X did not win the Oscar before the envelope was opened. I have no idea why you guys don't get this but this behavior just makes you sound ignorant.

Old 12-07-2018, 05:38 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Mueller has "slung" nothing at Trump.

Yet.

Old 12-07-2018, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Pardoned only means he will not serve the full term of his sentencing. It does not mean he is not guilty. Whatever it is that he is accused of and sentenced for if anything, will still be on full display for everyone to read and discuss.
My comment was ONLY if Flynn does NOT fight the charges.

IF he does, he will have the FBI agents who have spoken BEFORE CONGRESSIONAL HEARINGS who stated he did NOT lie as his witness's.

How do you think a judge will rule with THAT TESTIMONY?

And If it goes to trial, how do you think a jury will rule AFTER hearing from these FBI agents?

Mueller ONLY RECOMMENDS TO THE DoJ. He is NOT the judge, jury and executioner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies