Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump Supporter: What would you think if there is no border wall in 2020?
I would not care as long as President Trump told me it is no longer an issue 1 14.29%
I never supported the wall anyway- don't care 3 42.86%
I would be very angry that he was not able to build the wall 3 42.86%
I know nothing about a border wall 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 06:18 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Here's the part you don't seem to get. No one care who pays for it. Just as long as it gets built. In fact, I've already offered to pay double my share to cover a democrat in opposition.

Exactly! I don't care who pays for it just that it gets built because it is well needed. I don't put a price on our national security. Just because Trump wanted Mexico to pay for it didn't mean it would happen and right up front. At least he tried and I believe they will end up paying for it in the end but either way I don't care!

Promises/ideas of presidents/politicians having to alter their plans is not unusual. It happens with every administration and congress. For example, congress promised to build the 700 mile long double wall clear back in 2006 but they obviously changed their minds. Where's the uproar over that? Or how about Obama saying your premiums wouldn't go up or you can keep your doctor under his healthcare plan but that didn't pan out either. Where was the outrage over that by the left? How about Obama telling the public that he couldn't grant an amnesty all on his own without congress but he did it anyway by EO!

No, it's just because they hate Trump that he's not allowed to change his mind or have a change of plans not being able to fulfill an idea or promise that he had hoped to. I swear I have never seen such hatred towards a president in my lifetime and I'm over 70 years old. What happened to working together for the betterment of our country and its citizens? I'm truly said to see our country so divided today. I fear for the future of our grandkids and subsequent generations.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
Blame Congress. Republicans controlled it till the last mid-term election. Why didn't Trump get it then. Now he says he will after losing the House .... makes no sense as to appeal to his base.

With all this Winning for Trump these days. Or is he ......

Are you really this clueless on how congress works? There has to be a certain number of Democrats on board to pass funding and there are many Republicans in congress that oppose everything he tries to do also.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:21 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Here's the part you don't seem to get. No one care who pays for it. Just as long as it gets built. In fact, I've already offered to pay double my share to cover a democrat in opposition.
No - here's the part YOU don't get.

The majority of this country does NOT want to throw away 5 billion dollars so Trump can build a monument to his manhood.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:21 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Paywall.
If you want to read the article go here - https://outline.com/ - and plug in the URL (shout out to uggabugga)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
But no matter.

You believe WaPo because............?
Seriously? You think this is a WaPo exclusive? Your google broke?

Old 12-18-2018, 06:25 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Exactly! I don't care who pays for it just that it gets built because it is well needed. I don't put a price on our national security. Just because Trump wanted Mexico to pay for it didn't mean it would happen and right up front. At least he tried and I believe they will end up paying for it in the end but either way I don't care!

Promises/ideas of presidents/politicians having to alter their plans is not unusual. It happens with every administration and congress. For example, congress promised to build the 700 mile long double wall clear back in 2006 but they obviously changed their minds. Where's the uproar over that? Or how about Obama saying your premiums wouldn't go up or you can keep your doctor under his healthcare plan but that didn't pan out either. Where was the outrage over that by the left? How about Obama telling the public that he couldn't grant an amnesty all on his own without congress but he did it anyway by EO!

No, it's just because they hate Trump that he's not allowed to change his mind or have a change of plans not being able to fulfill an idea or promise that he had hoped to. I swear I have never seen such hatred towards a president in my lifetime and I'm over 70 years old. What happened to working together for the betterment of our country and its citizens? I'm truly said to see our country so divided today. I fear for the future of our grandkids and subsequent generations.
Well I’m glad you’ve finally woken up to the fact that Mexico is never, ever, ever going to pay for the wall. You are one step closer to living in reality. Congratulations!

Old 12-18-2018, 06:26 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,144,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaHappy View Post
White House says it wants to avoid government shutdown, will find other ways to fund border wall
The "White House says"? Let's be honest - Trump loves anything that has a whiff of bullying and confrontation.

As opposed to No-Drama Obama.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:27 PM

20,115 posts, read 9,032,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
The "White House says"? Let's be honest - Trump loves anything that has a whiff of bullying and confrontation.

As opposed to No-Drama Obama.
speaking of Obama, he signed an EO closing Gitmo, it was a campaign promise. Any idea when Obama's gonna close it, or did he lie?

Old 12-18-2018, 06:28 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
speaking of Obama, he signed an EO closing Gitmo, it was a campaign promise. Any idea when Obama's gonna close it, or did he lie?
Obama, like Trump, ran into Congress.

If an R Congress isn't willing to fund it - and they haven't been - just who do you think will?

BTW, that was a pretty lame deflection attempt, I give it two out of ten.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Old glory check my posts, I’m not for illegal immigration but I’m not for wasting money on a wall. Recently a woman who was 7 months pregnant scaled the wall. Like I said , do the other things first , appropriate more money to scan cars coming thru,crack down on visa overstays , implement everify and punish employers then we can talk about a wall.

She scaled one of the old walls not one of the tall double walls that are supposed to be built. The last person that tried to scale one of those walls broke both legs trying. Geezus, inform yourself, will you? Visa over stayers hasn't a thing to do with the border jumpers which is why we need the wall so why even bring that up? Even though I'm for e-verify and punishing the employers what about those sneaking in to work for cash? How will e-verify, etc. stop that? E-verify will not stop the drug cartels, criminals and terrorists from getting into our country either!

Old 12-18-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No - here's the part YOU don't get.

The majority of this country does NOT want to throw away 5 billion dollars so Trump can build a monument to his manhood.

Then the majority in this country are just plain stupid and haven't bothered research the facts on this issue or are bleeding hearts that just don't give a damn because emotion counts with them rather than common sense.

You guys sure don't mind throwing away over $100 billion a year on illegal aliens though, do you? The wall isn't a monument to Trump's manhood. It's not even his wall it's congress' wall from 2006. He merely wants it funded as THEY promised to do back then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies