Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump Supporter: What would you think if there is no border wall in 2020?
I would not care as long as President Trump told me it is no longer an issue 1 14.29%
I never supported the wall anyway- don't care 3 42.86%
I would be very angry that he was not able to build the wall 3 42.86%
I know nothing about a border wall 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 06:39 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
She scaled one of the old walls not one of the tall double walls that are supposed to be built. The last person that tried to scale one of those walls broke both legs trying. Geezus, inform yourself, will you? Visa over stayers hasn't a thing to do with the border jumpers which is why we need the wall so why even bring that up? Even though I'm for e-verify and punishing the employers what about those sneaking in to work for cash? How will e-verify, etc. stop that? E-verify will not stop the drug cartels, criminals and terrorists from getting into our country either!
Terrorists?? GTFOH. You mean like the Vegas shooter, Dylan roof, Oklahoma City bomber , syagogue shooter, aurora theater shooter etc. you mean those terrorists?? Tell me how is the wall going to keep out terrorists that were born here? Then let’s get to the Muslim terrorists which certainly don’t outnumber the Caucasian terrorists , did they come thru our southern borders???

If the republican congress didn’t give him the money , how is he going to get it now.

I’d much rather him put that in infrastructure.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:40 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
E-verify will not stop the drug cartels, criminals and terrorists from getting into our country either!
Everify is affordable. And it will target the vast majority of illegal immigration. The wall is absolutely not going to stop the cartels, or the criminals, and certainly not terrorists. thats ignorance and fear talking, not common sense. Walls work for stopping poor people. They really arent going to work for any of the groups you listed.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:41 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Then the majority in this country are just plain stupid and haven't bothered research the facts on this issue or are bleeding hearts that just don't give a damn because emotion counts with them rather than common sense.

You guys sure don't mind throwing away over $100 billion a year on illegal aliens though, do you? The wall isn't a monument to Trump's manhood. It's not even his wall it's congress' wall from 2006. He merely wants it funded as THEY promised to do back then.

I tell you what, while you are calling people stupid for not investigating facts, maybe you should take a look at your 100 billion a year nonsense. The irony is killing me.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:42 PM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
speaking of Obama, he signed an EO closing Gitmo, it was a campaign promise. Any idea when Obama's gonna close it, or did he lie?

These lefty liberals are such hypocrites. I have posted a few promises/ideas that Obama and other presidents/politicians have made that they weren't able to deliver either but because they hate Trump so much they don't give him a pass on the same things other administrations said they would do but didn't do.

Here's one of my favorite hypocricies by them. They keep deriding Trump over his past sex life yet both Clinton and Kennedy were unfaithful to their wives "while" they were president! Clinton did it right in the Oval Office for God's sake! I'm so ashamed of these hateful, hypocritical citizens among us. Never in my over 70 years have I ever seen anything like this.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:49 PM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Terrorists?? GTFOH. You mean like the Vegas shooter, Dylan roof, Oklahoma City bomber , syagogue shooter, aurora theater shooter etc. you mean those terrorists?? Tell me how is the wall going to keep out terrorists that were born here? Then let’s get to the Muslim terrorists which certainly don’t outnumber the Caucasian terrorists , did they come thru our southern borders???

If the republican congress didn’t give him the money , how is he going to get it now.

I’d much rather him put that in infrastructure.

Oh I see, since we have had some domestic terrorists we shouldn't secure our border against foreign ones? Who said a wall would stop the former but it sure would help stop the latter, duh. What a ridiculous statement to make! Caucasian terrorists? Pulling the race card now, are you? Why didn't you just say American terrorists? Hmm.

We can't fund infrastructure and the wall? Who says? Why don't you wait and see what the alternate plans are to fund the wall? It was only announced just today by Sarah Sanders. Why do you and yours care anyway since you don't want the wall no matter who pays for it based on your personal agendas.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:58 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:

We can't fund infrastructure and the wall? Who says? Why don't you wait and see what the alternate plans are to fund the wall? It was only announced just today by Sarah Sanders. Why do you and yours care anyway since you don't want the wall no matter who pays for it based on your personal agendas.
That's funny...you still believe what comes out of SS mouth...all they have to do is spew something and you assume they spent 100's of hours making a plan.

Believe me, friend...someone else wrote what she said about 20 minutes beforehand.

Alternate plan? Yeah....make Mexico pay for it up front. Or, Trump can do an EO extracting a 20% tax from any money sent back.

We could also have a "brown skin" tax. We'd use a light meter to determine shade and add extra taxes depending on whether the person is of S. American descent.

Trump is thinking about Golf, Women (Maralogo style) and staying out of jail.....the birth of Jesus and actual government planning are not in his current agenda.

Old 12-18-2018, 07:12 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times
Quote:
Oh I see, since we have had some domestic terrorists we shouldn't secure our border against foreign ones? Who said a wall would stop the former but it sure would help stop the latter, duh. What a ridiculous statement to make! Caucasian terrorists? Pulling the race card now, are you? Why didn't you just say American terrorists? Hmm.

What’s the name of the terrorist that traversed the Southern border in an area the proposed wall would secure?

You sound like you believe anything Trump tells you. You’re precisely the type of gullible septuagenarian on whom fraudsters prey. It’s too bad your Orange God is gutting all types of consumer protection designed to save people like you from themselves.

Old 12-18-2018, 07:57 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
What’s the name of the terrorist that traversed the Southern border in an area the proposed wall would secure?

You sound like you believe anything Trump tells you. You’re precisely the type of gullible septuagenarian on whom fraudsters prey. It’s too bad your Orange God is gutting all types of consumer protection designed to save people like you from themselves.
When Trump defrauds you it feels good though. Ask all the bankers, investors, contractors and taxpayers he's taken for a ride.

Heck, I wouldn't let the guy buy a eBay item from me. He'd figure out some way to rip me off.

Old 12-18-2018, 08:05 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
https://twitter.com/IronStache/statu...45399125639168

Old 12-18-2018, 08:17 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Mexico is paying, via the USMCA.
And the wall isn't stupid, its prevented border crossing in other countries-

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...expensive.html
There's no wall between Egypt and Israel. It's a fence. Fences are fences, walls are walls. Fences work on borders. Walls don't.

And its a hell of a lot shorter border than ours is with Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies