Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump Supporter: What would you think if there is no border wall in 2020?
I would not care as long as President Trump told me it is no longer an issue 1 14.29%
I never supported the wall anyway- don't care 3 42.86%
I would be very angry that he was not able to build the wall 3 42.86%
I know nothing about a border wall 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 02:32 PM

62,975 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
"Other ways" ??

I thought there was only ONE way to begin with, and that was the way we were promised - "Mexico is going to pay for the wall".

What happened to "that way"? The originally promised way.

You guys still yammering in here all day about Mexico paying for the wall?????. "That away" is still in the works down the road. Why do you care who pays for the wall anyway as you and yours don't want it no matter who pays for it! If we could just get you and yours to admit your real agenda it would be refreshing honesty but I won't hold my breath because you anti-wall people haven't an honest bone in your bodies. I don't care who pays for it as it's necessary for our national security, is cost effective and proven to work. Your priorities suck and all just to demonize Trump. Shameful!

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

Old 12-18-2018, 02:41 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
“Easy” huh?

He’s had almost two years.
What’s he waiting for?
I guess he just doesn't read this forum. His fans have had the answers for years. Someone should clue him in.

Old 12-18-2018, 02:46 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,070,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You guys still yammering in here all day about Mexico paying for the wall?????. "That away" is still in the works down the road. Why do you care who pays for the wall anyway as you and yours don't want it no matter who pays for it! If we could just get you and yours to admit your real agenda it would be refreshing honesty but I won't hold my breath because you anti-wall people haven't an honest bone in your bodies. I don't care who pays for it as it's necessary for our national security, is cost effective and proven to work. Your priorities suck and all just to demonize Trump. Shameful!

This IS what most people want. Something that is proven to work. NO real suggestion has been either cost effective or proven to work yet! Again a wall won't do it b/c determined individuals will tunnel under it just to sh&^ on our soil and tunnel back to Mexico. Trump wants a wall b/c he likes to build things. It's solves nil b/c in the end most illegals enter via ports of entry and stay here.

Old 12-18-2018, 02:46 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:

Wow, you're really upset.

Has it ever occurred to you that it isn't the folks on c-d you need to convince?

It's Congress and Trump. Why are you yelling at us? We can't make it happen.

Last edited by jacqueg; 12-18-2018 at 03:19 PM..

Old 12-18-2018, 02:50 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,700,298 times
Dayam !! The Democrats are starting to flex their muscles and Trump is folding like a cheap suit !

Poor guy can't get a break, can he ?

Old 12-18-2018, 02:51 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,126,952 times
Quote:

PUH-leaze! Love how you spin it like you're the adult in the room.

Just admit it, Trump wants a wall so he can call it the Trump Wall and leave behind his mark in America from sea to shining sea.

Well he ain't having it! And that cost effective argument is absurd! There are more cost effective ways of preventing illegals from coming to the country - try better interior enforcement to avoid more visa overstays or increasing the # of immigration courts to handle over 700K cases in the backlog!

A wall is absolutely NOT cost effective but it seems to be the only thing Trumpsters understand because it's not an idea, concept or policy but something tangible.

Old 12-18-2018, 03:07 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaHappy View Post
White House says it wants to avoid government shutdown, will find other ways to fund border wall

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...nl_most&wpmm=1.
Why look for other ways, when you can just tell Mexico it's on them. Just remind them they were supposed to pay for the wall.

Last edited by ipaper; 12-18-2018 at 03:26 PM..

Old 12-18-2018, 03:12 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Well, Trump really showed Pelosi and Schumer didn't he.

Old 12-18-2018, 03:14 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
You know you and yours are getting really annoying in here and you sound like a bunch of parrots all day long. Why is it necessary to repeat this over and over again? Trump has a plan and I posted it so why do you do you keep doing this? No, Trump didn't lie! Even if Mexico doesn't pay for the wall not one president has been able to keep all of their promises after being elected but because it's Trump.....

You and yours were b*tching and moaning day in and day out in here about the government shut down and now that it's possible that it might not happen you're still complaining. You guys are never happy no matter what. It's damned if Trump does and damned if he doesn't. Make up your minds and while you're at it get a life!
Lol, now that was funny.

Old 12-18-2018, 03:28 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,920,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
PUH-leaze! Love how you spin it like you're the adult in the room.

Just admit it, Trump wants a wall so he can call it the Trump Wall and leave behind his mark in America from sea to shining sea.

Well he ain't having it! And that cost effective argument is absurd! There are more cost effective ways of preventing illegals from coming to the country - try better interior enforcement to avoid more visa overstays or increasing the # of immigration courts to handle over 700K cases in the backlog!

A wall is absolutely NOT cost effective but it seems to be the only thing Trumpsters understand because it's not an idea, concept or policy but something tangible.
Right on. Maybe spend some of those billions on fixing some problems at the source in countries like Guatemala and Mexico. Could be much cheaper in the long run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies