Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump Supporter: What would you think if there is no border wall in 2020?
I would not care as long as President Trump told me it is no longer an issue 1 14.29%
I never supported the wall anyway- don't care 3 42.86%
I would be very angry that he was not able to build the wall 3 42.86%
I know nothing about a border wall 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 12:28 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
^ seems a tad premature or are you referring to this year?
I'm referring to the Democrats taking over the House. Any chance Trump had to fund his boondoggle evaporates with the GOP majority. I seriously doubt the House will appropriate any money to it in the next two years. I think Pelosi and Schumer made that pretty clear.

Old 12-18-2018, 12:30 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
It would be easy for Trump to fund the wall with out congressional approval and he should do it. He can claim the flooding of our borders from illegals is a national security issue and use money from the defense budget.I am more for man power including active duty military, walls where it will work, and drones. I would also be for emptying detention centers in the middle of the night dropping off illegals on the Mexican side and claiming they escaped.

Old 12-18-2018, 12:34 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,167,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
When Trump made the promise about the wall and who was going to pay for it, this was BEFORE he was president elect...in other words, BEFORE he was 'privy' to how things really work in this country.

I suspect, once he actually won, he was given one heck of a briefing, and it was probably at this time, he learned how corrupt govt is and how putting up some kind of big wall would be a negative thing ultimately...

example, if they built a huge wall and they managed to stop all the flow of drugs coming in, that would be devastating to law enforcement all over, the war on drugs could not go on if the flow of drugs stopped or was slowed down.
Lol, laugh of the day. Anyone with half a brain knew you couldn’t order another country to pay for the wall. It has been proven most drugs do not come via the wall but thru tunnels or the ports which the wall won’t stop.

Honestly he would probably get more support for the wall if he were to do the free stuff first starting with his businesses. Start punishing employers for hiring illegals and make everify a requirement for all employers.

Old 12-18-2018, 01:01 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,066,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There is a persistent misperception that most drugs are entering the US on the backs of human mules who cross into the US on foot.

The Mexico/US border is the most frequently crossed international boundary in the world. Most South of the border contraband enters the US via 48 border crossings with 330 ports of entry.

More than a million people cross the border legally each day, 365 days a year and some of them are carrying drugs on their person, in their cargo and/or in their vehicles. Imagine a percentage of drug trafficking involves some level of complicity on the part of some US Customs and Border Protection employees who man the ports of entry 24/7.
The Mexican cartel also uses a network of tunnels that run as deep as 20 or 30 feet underground to smuggle in drugs as well. Quite a number of them have been discovered. Here’s a snippet of just a few.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ound/95422628/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ith-california

Old 12-18-2018, 01:04 PM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaHappy View Post
White House says it wants to avoid government shutdown, will find other ways to fund border wall

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...nl_most&wpmm=1.
Send him on a one way ticket to Mexico and have him beg the Mexicans for money.....pesos. If he gets nothing, don’t let him back in. Let’s see if he can sneak pass the border like the other illegals.

Old 12-18-2018, 01:39 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
It would be easy for Trump to fund the wall with out congressional approval and he should do it. He can claim the flooding of our borders from illegals is a national security issue and use money from the defense budget. I am more for man power including active duty military, walls where it will work, and drones. I would also be for emptying detention centers in the middle of the night dropping off illegals on the Mexican side and claiming they escaped.
“Easy” huh?

He’s had almost two years.
What’s he waiting for?

Old 12-18-2018, 01:41 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
“Easy” huh?

He’s had almost two years.
What’s he waiting for?
Trump's waiting on Mexico to send us a check for $5,000,000,000.

Old 12-18-2018, 01:42 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Trump will own Pelosi for life if he finds a way to fund the wall.
Averting a government shutdown while also funding the wall is perfection.
Trump will get his wall when Pelosi is good and ready. I'm no Pelosi fan but Trump just got Trumped.

Old 12-18-2018, 01:42 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Make impotent threats that cannot be acted on, preemptively make yourself to blame for any negative events, and then slink off with your tail between your legs.

-The Art of The Deal

Old 12-18-2018, 01:51 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Lol, laugh of the day. Anyone with half a brain knew you couldn’t order another country to pay for the wall. It has been proven most drugs do not come via the wall but thru tunnels or the ports which the wall won’t stop.

Honestly he would probably get more support for the wall if he were to do the free stuff first starting with his businesses. Start punishing employers for hiring illegals and make everify a requirement for all employers.

Order? LOL! You think it's only drugs getting through our southern border? What about the 11 million illegal aliens that managed to breach our border? FYI, they aren't all looking for work either. I'm all for e-verify and prosecuting employers who knowingly have illegals working for them but that isn't the total solution to illegal entry. By the way, ever hear of tunnel sensors? You don't think that we check for drugs at our ports? The good walls are pretty effective in stopping tunneling and scaling them also. Why are you and yours so opposed to completing the 700 miles of border wall already approved by congress?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies