Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 10:48 AM

23,989 posts, read 15,091,790 times

Advertisements

I could be dr, lawyer or mayor, have a salary and run for POTUS. If I were to win, all my assets could go into a blind trust. My job would be over so no conflict there.

The trouble with electing as POTUS a person who has holdings all over the world, with all kinds of people makes a blind trust impossible. He is in business with far too many other entities and people. And then there are his partner children. There is no way to suspend business while the major owner is POTUS.

IMO, that why it was stupid of him to think it could be done. And stupid of voters who thought a real estate developer would be a better POTUS.

A businessman could be POTUS. How about Romney or Huntsman? They could place their holdings in a blind trust. Jimmy Cater did. But when he left office he was almost bankrupt. So were his siblings. He hadn't talked to the trustee the entire time he served.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018, 11:03 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Why did he claim multiple times during the campaign that he - the face of Trump International - had NO business dealings with Russia?

Why not just come out and talk about it?
That letter of intent was scrapped in January 2016, so during the campaign he didn't have business dealings in Russia.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:20 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times

Lifting Russian Sanctions Key To Trump Deal Exposed By Michael Cohen

Quote:
Trump was advocating dropping sanctions without disclosing that for the US to do that would be a huge financial windfall for him, because now we know Trump and his business at that time were secretly negotiating a gigantic business deal for Trump Tower Moscow that was being financed by a Russian sanctioned bank. The deal could only go ahead if Russia dropped sanctions. Trump new that at the time but he lied about it repeatedly. Insisted he had no business in Russia over and over. But Trump knew that he did. And Russia knew that he did.

We now know the Kremlin was actively involved in discussions with the Trump Organization about the project, about the financing, even about Putin's free $50 Million dollar penthouse. Trump knew this was in the works, but was keeping it secret. The Kremlin knew it was in the works and that Trump was keeping it a secret. They even helped him keep it a secret. In a call with Reporters, the senior Kremlin official who was managing the project put out a statement denying any Kremlin involvement. The Kremlin was helping cover this up too.

As a candidate, we now know, Trump was definitely compromised by Russia. He was lying about his dealings with Russia and Russia knew it and Russia was helping him to keep it a secret. We have a presidential candidate who is lying about Russia's plan to provide him with hundreds of millions of dollars for that real estate project if he gets sanctions removed.
A recap of all the times Trump and co. saiod they had nothing to do with anything Russian.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/stat...222272?lang=en

Old 12-19-2018, 11:22 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/sta...68313174466560

Old 12-19-2018, 11:23 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
seems like a good time to remind everyone of just how hypocritical Trump supporters are.

Trump Tower meeting, Letter of Intent signed by Trump while on the campaign trail, Trump mentioning easing sanctions on Russia, Trump's former NSA Flynn having contact with Russian officials, Trump promising to gift Putin a $50,000,000 penthouse in Trump Tower Moscow.

If Obama had done ANY of what Trump has done with Russia....the very same Trump voters here would be screaming for Obama to be removed from office and charged with treason.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:33 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
That letter of intent was scrapped in January 2016, so during the campaign he didn't have business dealings in Russia.
So is that why Guiliani says he had talks about Trump Tower in Moscow until November 2016?
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-...-took-place-up

Old 12-19-2018, 11:35 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why would he feel the need when his base laps up his lies like a kitten at a bowl of cream?

Exactly,

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You are part of the problem.

When my guy lies I look the other way or make excuses. When your guy lies I scream bloody murder and shame the other side for a lack of honesty.

If someone points out the hypocrisy in a call for both sides to keep their own honest I call it whataboutism.
We simply have never seen a president that lies as much as Trump and associates. Never. A president who LIES about things that are SO easily proveable. It just means that he doesn't care because his followers DO NOT care.

Certainly all politicians spin and bend the truth. That's expected of any politician.

But 6,000 some lies in two years?

NO. That's on YOU and your Dear leader. IF you held him to higher standards, he would be a better president. But he doesn't care because 'he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and not lose any followers".

Old 12-19-2018, 11:40 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Because the entire narrative of business dealings “with Russia” is a sham. This implys his deal is with the Russian government. This was a private deal with an Russian investment firm. If a Chinese company comes to the US for a project the narrative is not China has a deal with the United States.
Large Russian Real Estate firms, the Russian Mob and the Russian Government all have ties. No one builds in Russia without paying someone off.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:49 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,940,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
People still don't get it that Trump is a business man first and not a politician.

When he was campaigning everyone from the Dems to the GOP to Obama himself telling us that Trump will never be President and poll after poll showed that if he became the nominee he was going to lose in a landslide but never the less he persisted...

Given all that why would Trump close up shop and quit his day job?

Trump is a business man first but he is certainly quickly learning the ways of politicians because all of them lie in one way or another. The thing is Trump's lies cause more outrage than any of the whoppers that Obama told ?
Bingo! Give that man a cigar!

We need a president who is President of the United States first, not a businessman who tries to make lucrative deals with a hostile foreign power and then tells lie after lie concerning his actions.

If being a businessman is Trump's day job, his business interests can't help but bleed over to his actions (and words) as president.* I want the President of my country to put my country first, not spend the majority of his time in the attempt to feather his own nest.

Trump is a traitor, bottom line.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:51 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
seems like a good time to remind everyone of just how hypocritical Trump supporters are.

Trump Tower meeting, Letter of Intent signed by Trump while on the campaign trail, Trump mentioning easing sanctions on Russia, Trump's former NSA Flynn having contact with Russian officials, Trump promising to gift Putin a $50,000,000 penthouse in Trump Tower Moscow.

If Obama had done ANY of what Trump has done with Russia....the very same Trump voters here would be screaming for Obama to be removed from office and charged with treason.

"A newly obtained document shows President Donald Trump signed a letter of intent to move forward with negotiations"

Well, there just went five minutes I'll never get back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies