Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 11:56 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,112,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
seems like a good time to remind everyone of just how hypocritical Trump supporters are.

Trump Tower meeting, Letter of Intent signed by Trump while on the campaign trail, Trump mentioning easing sanctions on Russia, Trump's former NSA Flynn having contact with Russian officials, Trump promising to gift Putin a $50,000,000 penthouse in Trump Tower Moscow.

If Obama had done ANY of what Trump has done with Russia....the very same Trump voters here would be screaming for Obama to be removed from office and charged with treason.
That's because the trump deplorables are poor white men who can't accept a black man as their commander in chief, but are very happy with a fat, ill mannered and dirty old white man with a groping habit as their president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018, 11:58 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,112,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"A newly obtained document shows President Donald Trump signed a letter of intent to move forward with negotiations"

Well, there just went five minutes I'll never get back!
So what the hell do you think they will negotiate?

Old 12-19-2018, 12:03 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Bingo! Give that man a cigar!

We need a president who is President of the United States first, not a businessman who tries to make lucrative deals with a hostile foreign power and then tells lie after lie concerning his actions.

If being a businessman is Trump's day job, his business interests can't help but bleed over to his actions (and words) as president.* I want the President of my country to put my country first, not spend the majority of his time in the attempt to feather his own nest.

Trump is a traitor, bottom line.
By the standard you just set in the first 3 parts of your post, Trump absolutely is not a traitor. And if you fault him for doing business in Russia, then you better get ready and do the same for the rest of the S&P 500.

But I get how an article from CNN, which this topic is based on, can quickly rile up the easily influenced into such rage.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:12 PM

10,773 posts, read 4,353,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
So what the hell do you think they will negotiate?
Because there are no specifics its a meaningless negotiation.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:14 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And if you fault him for doing business in Russia, ....

don't fault him for doing business in russia..... i fault him for lying about doing business in russia.

giuliani is now flipping on his statement that "no one" signed the letter of intent:

"If I said it, I made a mistake," Giuliani said of his previous denial about Trump having signed the letter."

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-signed-off-moscow-project-during-campaign-giuliani-183030251.html

Old 12-19-2018, 12:14 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
By the standard you just set in the first 3 parts of your post, Trump absolutely is not a traitor. And if you fault him for doing business in Russia, then you better get ready and do the same for the rest of the S&P 500.

But I get how an article from CNN, which this topic is based on, can quickly rile up the easily influenced into such rage.
Please, then - tell us what source you would find acceptable. And also tell us how to interpret why he lied about having business interests in Russia.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:15 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,941,304 times
Quote:

Why should I go after the rest of the S&P 500 unless their CEO's are elected officials holding high office? It's one thing to build a hotel in Moscow as a private individual or business. It's quite another when the President of the US does this and crawls before Putin like a dog on its belly, trying to avoid getting swatted with the truth.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:16 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
Trump is a liar and crook.

I cant wait to see all his lies come crashing down.

He has screwed the pooch so often that stuff is happening just because he makes a stupid tweet.

Case in point yesterday's Flynn court activity and now today's Fed interest increase.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:17 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Individual 1 supporters will try to justify anything. Yes, a private citizen can do business with Russia.

But and there is a big BUT.....Mueller is investigating the crime of conspiring and/or colluding with Russia to affect the outcome of the election while Trump was doing business with Russia. That's why it matters. If it didn't matter why is Individual 1 and his family lying about everything Russia? They knew it was wrong! It doesn't take a scientist.
I don’t care that Trump Org had a Letter of Intent for a Trump Hotel in Moscow.

I don’t care the intention was to name the hotel’s spa for Ivanka.

I do care that Trump chose to lie about it and did so for political gain.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:20 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"A newly obtained document shows President Donald Trump signed a letter of intent to move forward with negotiations"

Well, there just went five minutes I'll never get back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Because there are no specifics its a meaningless negotiation.
What do you two think a "letter of intent" is?

I love it when rubes try to weigh in on a subject about which they obviously know nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies