Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2019, 10:48 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I could see that teen guy and elder native guy being friends at some point, they didn’t seem to hate each other, and it was mostly other kids around them shouting obscenities.
Yep-mostly BHI and the ones with Phillips. The teen already says he holds no animosity against Phillips for bullying and trying to intimidate him and respected his military service. Thing is, Phillips is an activist that has pulled similar stunts before.

The racists, the media and the activists are turning out to be the big losers in this case. Thing is-no one will know unless the MSM has the integrity to admit they lied (or fell for a racist scam that they propagated with no vetting) and show the 2 groups that actually displayed racism towards the kids.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:50 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,841,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
MAGA hat is completely out of context for the event they were attending. It's today's equivalent of a white hood. I know it hurts. It's okay. Healing starts with acknowledging the truth.
Lol, no, no matter how much you wish for it, MAGA is merely the slogan of the current US President, just as the former one had a slogan. Not racist on any level.

So basically, the kids did not do anything racist...

Old 01-20-2019, 10:53 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,529,837 times
https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/20/m...than-phillips/

MAGA Hat Kid Speaks Up: ‘It Was Clear To Me That He Had Singled Me Out’

The protestors[sic] said hateful things. They called us “racists,” “bigots,” “white crackers,” “faggots,” and “incest kids.” They also taunted an African-American student from my school by telling him that they would “harvest his organs.”

Video confirms that these insults — and many others — were directed at the students.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:54 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,472,183 times
What. Does. MAGA. Have. To. Do. With. Being. Pro. Life?

I really don't care about MAGA at all. Just trying to figure out why students from a religious institution thought it was appropriate attire for a non-partisan cause.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Why are Catholic school students politicizing a pro-life event? Someone help this make sense to me.
Why are you concerned with it? You have some issue with wearing the slogan of the current US President? I am sure you would not complain if they had Obama's "Hope and Change" fully displayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yep-mostly BHI and the ones with Phillips. The teen already says he holds no animosity against Phillips for bullying and trying to intimidate him and respected his military service. Thing is, Phillips is an activist that has pulled similar stunts before.

The racists, the media and the activists are turning out to be the big losers in this case. Thing is-no one will know unless the MSM has the integrity to admit they lied (or fell for a racist scam that they propagated with no vetting) and show the 2 groups that actually displayed racism towards the kids.
Still no mention on the MSM of the blacks shouting racist language...yet all the hype of racism are on people who did no such thing.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:56 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times
The big issue here-will the MSM, CNN, NBC, NYT, WAPO, ect, admit that they either lied, or propagated a bigoted, racist story with ZERO vetting? Will they apologize to the children they have slandered and insulted? And will they apologize for instigating the death threats and vile insults that are directed at these kids as a result of their actions? Will they apologize to the school? Will they publish the actual videos that show Phillips approaching the kids and bullying and intimidating them? Will they show the vile slurs from the Black Hebrew Israelites?

Or will the MSM once again ignore the whole issue, or worse, continue to push their lies, like they have time after time when they have been caught in similar situations?

ETA:
So far, CNN is still pushing the lie. Fox is showing the longer video (did they initially condemn the kids?), MSNBC has an interview with the kid that they are playing over the original, edited video.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:57 PM

4,035 posts, read 2,723,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
They weren’t going to that event. They were at the March for Life rally, which may have been the day before that (?). I guess they were walking around DC doing the touristy thing and waiting for their bus. So what if they were wearing MAGA hats? It’s only provocative because of the idiots who react to it. No one should have to watch what they wear because of idiots. Last I checked it was still a free country.
As I posted upthread, given that this was a school-sponsored event for a Catholic school, which falls under the jurisdiction of the Catholic Church, I am surprised that the kids were permitted to wear *anything* political--whether it be MAGA hats, Obama hats, or Bernie hats. I didn't go to Catholic school myself, but I grew up in a predominantly Catholic neighborhood. Whenever there were school field trips, I remember the Catholic kids were in their uniforms. Maybe when we were older (high school), they could have worn jeans and either plain shirts or school t-shirts. Any variation would've had the wrath of a nun coming down on them.

*shrug* Maybe things have changed a lot since I was in school (70's and 80's), but again, given that it was a Catholic school activity, I'm surprised the chaperones permitted this. I wouldn't be surprised if the Diocese cracked down on dress codes for any future events.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:57 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,472,183 times
I am not concerned. Thus far nobody has provided a legitimate reason why this hat was necessary for the cause they were supporting. Where's the relevance? If we can't find one, well.....

Old 01-20-2019, 10:59 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,529,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Yes they are, that group is out in DC often enough. I have walked by them a few times, always at the metro station entrances, and they are out there on the loud speaker yelling about white devils, white people need to be eradicated, they (the group) are the real Jews, etc, etc. Strangely enough, never once saw them in the news around the area. If it was a white supremacist group doing this, it would be blasted everywhere in the media, with gathers around confronting, etc.
Thank you for giving us a real time account since you are there and have seen these people. I just hope you are believed. Today with fake news, they just want to make up things for headlines and to hell with the consequences for the people involved.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:59 PM

Quote:
I am not concerned. Thus far nobody has provided a legitimate reason why this hat was necessary for the cause they were supporting. Where's the relevance? If we can't find one, well.....
I cannot even find the relevance for the march...so cannot help you with the hat other than it is their freedom to do so, regardless if you, me, anyone likes it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies