Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 12:08 AM

19,879 posts, read 12,172,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I could see that teen guy and elder native guy being friends at some point, they didn’t seem to hate each other, and it was mostly other kids around them shouting obscenities.
Please link to the video and time of video where the teen boys were shouting obscenities.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:10 AM

39,906 posts, read 26,608,779 times
https://www.toddstarnes.com/campus/c...J6PWySHMQ4eRaI

Worth reading what the kid has to say. True or not? Unlike the claims of Phillips-I have seen no place where the video evidence contradicts anything he says.

Tonight even our local news had a brief clip where they quoted Sandmann.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:13 AM

19,879 posts, read 12,172,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Necessary? America is a free country. People can wear whatever hats they like, and it makes perfect sense for pro life demonstrators to support a president who is pro life.
Some here obviously do not believe in freedom. Well, at least not for people they don’t like.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:24 AM

23,655 posts, read 17,554,813 times
Congressman Thomas Massie

7 hrs ·

‪I was uncomfortable when I saw the first video and description of the Covington Catholic School students at the Lincoln Memorial that went viral this weekend, so I understand the initial reactions. I chose to wait for more facts before responding because the narrative did not match what I know to be the character of these students.‬
The honorable and tolerant students of Covington Catholic School came to DC to advocate for the unborn and to learn about our nation’s Capitol. What they got was a brutal lesson in the unjust court of public opinion and social media mobs.
I’ve now watched over an hour of other videos from 4 different cameras of the incident in front of the Lincoln Memorial. I urge everyone to watch the other videos before passing judgement. Would you have remained that composed at that age under those circumstances?
In the face of racist and homosexual slurs, the boys refused to reciprocate or disrespect anyone. Even when taunted by homophobic bigots, which was obviously bewildering to them, they insulted no one.
In the context of everything that was going on (which the media hasn’t shown) the parents and mentors of these boys should be proud, not ashamed, of their kids’ behavior. It is my honor to represent them.
Below is a video from 2018, when students from Covington Catholic visited the Capitol for The March for Life. I joined them (middle of front row) for their school cheer: the “Rollercoaster.” This outstanding group of students is always welcome at the nation's Capitol.

So the school does a "roller-coaster" cheer and people who are racist saw racism in it. Unbelievable. Oh well.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:24 AM

https://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=1153

Quote:
libel
1) n. to publish in print (including pictures), writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others. Libel is the written or broadcast form of defamation, distinguished from slander, which is oral defamation. It is a tort (civil wrong) making the person or entity (like a newspaper, magazine or political organization) open to a lawsuit for damages by the person who can prove the statement about him/her was a lie. Publication need only be to one person, but it must be a statement which claims to be fact and is not clearly identified as an opinion. While it is sometimes said that the person making the libelous statement must have been intentional and malicious, actually it need only be obvious that the statement would do harm and is untrue.
IMO-it is clear why some media outlets are starting to back away from the lies they told about the kids. I'm curious-anyone know who the original media outlet was that "broke" the story and edited the video to make it look as if the kids were doing anything wrong?

Sadly-the harm is done. The children are receiving vile attacks, including death threats. Their reputations and that of the school are harmed.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:34 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,309,354 times
Tough. They'll live.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:36 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,787,222 times
Unfortunately, MAGA hats have come to symbolize Trump's thinly veiled racism, and when people wear those hats in a politically charged event, it is probably going to result in some shouting. It doesn't matter what happened in that event since nobody got hurt, but what does matter is that Trump is tearing this country apart.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Tough. They'll live.
So you have no sympathy for innocent children unfairly accused of a terrible act, lied about by the media, insulted and threatened with death by ignorant thugs? What kind of person are you?

Old 01-21-2019, 12:38 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,756,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupp-certified View Post
CNN's reporting on the event is why they are the enemy of the people

They are being sued too, over it.... and anyone else that ran with the Fake story.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They are being sued too, over it.... and anyone else that ran with the Fake story.
I hope the lawsuits extend to Nathan Phillips. Video evidence shows that he lied about these children, accusing them of things they never said or did. He lied about his actions, portraying the children as aggressors, instead of the victims of his aggression. He is a liberal activist that has played these games and damaged reputations before. There should be accountability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies