Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2019, 07:53 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyBratty View Post
Bingo! I knew in 3rd grade although I didn't have the full understanding of what that meant back then. All I knew is that I couldn't take my eyes off my male teacher and I wanted to be near him. He would call me up to his desk and innocently put his arm around me and say "you seem to be having trouble focusing. What can I help you with?" He didn't molest me, nor did my uncles or my elders in the church. I was just behaving naturally the way God created me. Case closed.
You can't close a case that isn't yours to close.

Mike Huckabee is not the reason that God has said what He has about homosexuality.

If we want to use your argument that God made you this way. Just because one feels to do something doesn't make it okay with God if He has said he will not accept it. That is true of many urges.

God created Adam and Eve and told them what His will was for them. They disobeyed God. Therefore their life changed and they were to live in hardship and sorrow because of their choices. This was their own doing. They left God's protection for a perversion of what God created for what satan offered them. This is true of many choices mankind makes.
No, homosexuality isn't the only thing God disapproves of and yes, there are many things God disapproves of.
To act on our desires if we know that they are not God's will is disobedience. Many people would call God a dictator because they are rebellious. God just wants a family and to love us and bless us. All the pain and suffering in the world is not God's doing.

16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Galatians 4:16
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2019, 09:08 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. John 15:18-22
Yep!

Ive always felt, if you are a christian and you are NOT hated and despised by the secular community...more than likely, there is some settling or compromise going on!!

Old 04-14-2019, 11:38 AM

6,689 posts, read 6,040,151 times
Mike Huckabee doesn't represent all conservatives.

Old 04-14-2019, 02:55 PM

447 posts, read 208,806 times
Quote:
You can't close a case that isn't yours to close.

Mike Huckabee is not the reason that God has said what He has about homosexuality.

If we want to use your argument that God made you this way. Just because one feels to do something doesn't make it okay with God if He has said he will not accept it. That is true of many urges.

God created Adam and Eve and told them what His will was for them. They disobeyed God. Therefore their life changed and they were to live in hardship and sorrow because of their choices. This was their own doing. They left God's protection for a perversion of what God created for what satan offered them. This is true of many choices mankind makes.
No, homosexuality isn't the only thing God disapproves of and yes, there are many things God disapproves of.
To act on our desires if we know that they are not God's will is disobedience. Many people would call God a dictator because they are rebellious. God just wants a family and to love us and bless us. All the pain and suffering in the world is not God's doing.

16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Galatians 4:16
You know what you can do with that book of nonsense. Keep it moving that way.

Last edited by BobbyBratty; 04-14-2019 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: needed to add one more thing

Old 04-14-2019, 03:07 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,500 times
I wish that religious people would enjoy their religion & hope it helps them to become better people. Judging others for who they love is not for any of us to do. I thought that judgement was reserved for GOD to do when one meets him when they leave this planet. I don't care one iota which religion people belong to it is not our job to judge others based on who they choose to love, or the color of their skin or for what they believe. Live and let live is how I live my life. Mike Huckabee is wrong.

Old 04-14-2019, 04:27 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,280,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yep!

Ive always felt, if you are a christian and you are NOT hated and despised by the secular community...more than likely, there is some settling or compromise going in!!
Nothing satisfies like a good ol' fashioned self-fulfilling prophecy.

Old 04-14-2019, 06:14 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. John 15:18-22
It's not because they are Christian that they are reviled. It's because they act like anything but, that they are reviled. The "world" didn't hate Jesus. It was the religious folk who hated Jesus.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:03 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Biggest threat to "Biblical Principals", not "USA". And if you read the article it goes into the why's and how's that nobody here is disputing. And it's got nothing to do with gays holding hands...does anyone read?

Old 04-15-2019, 04:59 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,478,720 times
People can rant and rave and twist the truth all they want. It doesn't change a thing, nor will it change our Creator's mind. Every man and woman refusing to be cleansed of their sinful nature will be barred from entering God's eternal kingdom. Period. Homosexual activity is sin. God has deemed it so.

God warns us that He won't fill his eternal house with rebellion and sin. Only those people who have repented and allowed Christ to cleanse them of sin forever will live eternally with God. All others will be locked out and cast away forever. No second chances.

Old 04-15-2019, 05:37 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,280,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
People can rant and rave and twist the truth all they want. It doesn't change a thing, nor will it change our Creator's mind. Every man and woman refusing to be cleansed of their sinful nature will be barred from entering God's eternal kingdom. Period. Homosexual activity is sin. God has deemed it so.

God warns us that He won't fill his eternal house with rebellion and sin. Only those people who have repented and allowed Christ to cleanse them of sin forever will live eternally with God. All others will be locked out and cast away forever. No second chances.
What a crappy god you have. More likely, however, that your (and your holy man's) interpretation of God's will, will prove as lacking as your compassion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies