Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2019, 04:30 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times

Advertisements

I do wonder though, with politicians like Kamala Harris trying to push hate crimes into different territories that very well might be considered violations of human rights, I can see politicians using the rights of the LGBT community to push for more reasons to jail someone. Case in point, my best friend's brother is gay, and they all went with him to a pride parade, and I guess one of his friends asked his brother out, and when his brother said he was just there to support his sibling but wasn't gay himself, the friend then got really angry and started shouting at how the guy was a homophobe because he wouldn't go out with him. Things got so bad, security was called and both my friend's family and the guy who was enraged were thrown out of the parade. This reminded me of one time I was at a friend's party at a bar, and a guy asked me to dance but I wasn't interested, and next thing I know he was screaming at me I was a racist because I am white and he was black. Thank God the owner of the bar knew me better since at the time I did have a black boyfriend, and ended up kicking the guy out, but even then, are people going to be labeled something now because of their choice of relationships? Or worse yet, be the focal point of some new legislation politicians like Harris would love to pass so we can be imprisoned for who we prefer to have relationships with? Again, I'm not knocking anyone, but I can see politicians using stuff like this to push more laws and legislation that control our every whims in society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 05:20 AM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
So you admit there IS a homosexual agenda AIMED at children since you just said Putin has an anti homosexual propaganda law...precisely my point,they would be more accepted if they didn't try to brainwash the young into accepting something that isn't normal nor wanted...adults brainwashing children into thinking like them is abuse. My children are allowed to think as they please if they ask questions I answer them, kids are curious creatures so when they see 2 women or 2 men holding hands OF COURSE they have questions and I have answers. I refuse to bend to a sick societies sick ideas of what's normal.
The fact that you would use the word allow, rather than free, demonstrates that your children aren't....or if they are, it is only with your potential disdain attached.

Old 04-10-2019, 05:47 AM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
So you need laws to force everyone to live like you think they should and punish those who don't. I get it. That is what #MAGA means at its core. Everyone should be forced to live like the white evangelicals believe they should. Everyone should know their place and be dealt with strictly if they venture outside of what the government tells them God's will is.

Hopefully there's enough freedom loving Americans left in this country to push back against this white Christian nationalist hijacking of everything in our society that is currently happening.

I for one hope this insanity dies off... or least go to pasture somewhere! Hurry up young people! This old generation is ripping apart your future !

Old 04-10-2019, 05:50 AM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
The tolerant left. So accepting and inclusive of everyone's views, beliefs, speech....oh, wait, only if you are pro abortion, transgender, homosexual, obese female, p*s*y hat wearers, illegals who murder Americans, non gun owners, not hunters, not law enforcement, no Bible thumping please, no MAGA hats, the list is infinite................
I had to laugh. Too much tv n radio dear.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:17 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,820,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Except you seem to think that what they do in their bedrooms with other adults means that they are actively interested in your children. That's an unwarranted conclusion - otherwise known as 'irrational'.

While I don't agree with Mike Huckabee's comment, I also am opposed to LGBT being FORCED upon children in K-12 via legislation, regulation, administrative policy or otherwise compelled by government action as no government in the US has the constitutional authority to impose values and morality upon children or adults when the action or inaction engaged in does not encroach upon the rights or property of another.

I would argue that the implementation, demanded by groups like https://www.glsen.org/educate/resources/curriculum which pushes an LGBT agenda upon children as young as 2 and 3, via the force of government law, regulations, ordinances or administrative policy DOES encroach upon the rights of the parents of these children, if they don't want their children exposed to it.

It is one thing for me to say an LGBT person does not encroach upon my rights or property simply because they are LGBT. It is something completely different when a group of individuals seeks to use the force of government to teach children THEIR version of morality (immorality in MY opinion) in a tax payer funded environment.

I give a tinker's damn if a person is LGBT. I give a tinker's damn what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their bedroom. If that's THEIR morality, that's on them and more power to them. I DO give a damn when someone seeks to impose their morality (immorality in MY opinion) upon my grand children by compelling schools to teach this immorality of LGBT.

Like I said, morality is a great thing for each of us to impose upon ourselves. It is unconscionable for anyone to use their vote seeking to impose their "morality", especially if I consider it immoral, upon my grand children via a government school. The government was NEVER granted this authority.

FWIW, I opposed and voted against a constitutional amendment here in Kansas, one that defined a marriage as being between one man and one woman. I opposed that amendment which passed in Kansas even though that is my person belief and morality. I opposed it because I believe government should not be used to limit the rights of an individual via an amendment. The respective Constitutions were never intended to limit the rights of the individual. They were intended to limit the power and authority of government.

What does this https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...m-be-taught-in or this https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...aw/2743028002/ have to do with educating my grandchildren, if not to impose another person's morality (immorality in MY opinion) upon my grandchildren? This https://www.massresistance.org/docs/...ory/index.html is NOT acceptable when using my tax dollars to brainwash children into accepting as normal and therefore as moral, something which "I" believe is not moral.

I do not believe the religious right should be allowed to impose THEIR morality upon my children or grandchildren via tax supported, government run schools any more than the left should be allowed to impose THEIR morality (immorality in MY opinion) upon my children or grandchildren. Our schools are failing to teach proper reading and writing. They are failing to teach good sound fundamental math. They are failing to teach in general, but they can waste tax payers' money, MY money, teaching that Johnny has two dads who [insert perverted imagery here] because they love each other and that by disapproving of what Johnny's two dads do a person is somehow a bigot?

The ONLY morality our children and grandchildren should be taught in school is do all you agree to do and do not encroach upon the rights or property of another.

Then again, that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:30 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,820,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
The fact that you would use the word allow, rather than free, demonstrates that your children aren't....or if they are, it is only with your potential disdain attached.

Should a child be allowed to believe they can encroach upon the rights or property of another? Should they be "free" to believe whatever they want, just so we can call them free thinkers?

If at the age of 6, 8, 10... a child decides to drop their pants then climb up on a chair and urinate all over the kitchen table... should I as a parent sit back and say, "My son is such a free thinker!" and be pleased with his inappropriate behavior or should I smack his tush, then make him clean up the mess he made?

We are talking about teaching impressionable children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPkgAiAzlEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brl2qG5GhHc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Xl8CLerh4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QYifNmanpA

When did we decide that it's ok for the inmates to run the asylum? When did we decide that cute little Johnny or cute little Julie get to make the decisions, and we as their parents shouldn't decide what they are and are not allowed to do?

Are you serious?

Last edited by KS_Referee; 04-10-2019 at 06:40 AM..

Old 04-10-2019, 06:32 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Why has religion been the safe harbor for the ignorant? Sure seems like it with the crap they spew...

Old 04-10-2019, 06:36 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I had to laugh. Too much tv n radio dear.
I watch no tv other than streaming some movie I like (which are few), listen to very little radio a couple of times a month if that. Thanks so much for proving my point.

What's your excuse?

Last edited by 4dognight; 04-10-2019 at 07:04 AM..

Old 04-10-2019, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Should a child be allowed to believe they can encroach upon the rights or property of another? Should they be "free" to believe whatever they want, just so we can call them free thinkers?

If at the age of 6, 8, 10... a child decides to drop their pants then climb up on a chair and urinate all over the kitchen table... should I as a parent sit back and say, "My son is such a free thinker!" and be pleased with his inappropriate behavior or should I smack his tush, then make him clean up the mess he made?

We are talking about teaching impressionable children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPkgAiAzlEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brl2qG5GhHc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Xl8CLerh4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QYifNmanpA

When did we decide that it's ok for the inmates to run the asylum? When did we decide that cute little Johnny or cute little Julie get to make the decisions, and we as their parents shouldn't decide what they are and are not allowed to do?

Are you serious?
You're confusing boundaries/rules/consequences (what you mention above..."what they are allowed to do") with what I was talking about (coming to your own conclusions (my father used to say 'the Jesuits teach you how to think') vs. being told what to think).

Allowed to do and allowed to think are two different things. If there is an expectation that certain rules are to be followed and boundaries to be respected, what matters is not what the people who are expected to adhere to same feel about the rules and boundaries (overbearing, a ray of sunshine, or somewhere in between), but rather whether their behavior follows the rules and boundaries.

Old 04-10-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
While I don't agree with Mike Huckabee's comment, I also am opposed to LGBT being FORCED upon children in K-12 via legislation, regulation, administrative policy or otherwise compelled by government action as no government in the US has the constitutional authority to impose values and morality upon children or adults when the action or inaction engaged in does not encroach upon the rights or property of another.

I would argue that the implementation, demanded by groups like https://www.glsen.org/educate/resources/curriculum which pushes an LGBT agenda upon children as young as 2 and 3, via the force of government law, regulations, ordinances or administrative policy DOES encroach upon the rights of the parents of these children, if they don't want their children exposed to it.

It is one thing for me to say an LGBT person does not encroach upon my rights or property simply because they are LGBT. It is something completely different when a group of individuals seeks to use the force of government to teach children THEIR version of morality (immorality in MY opinion) in a tax payer funded environment.

I give a tinker's damn if a person is LGBT. I give a tinker's damn what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their bedroom. If that's THEIR morality, that's on them and more power to them. I DO give a damn when someone seeks to impose their morality (immorality in MY opinion) upon my grand children by compelling schools to teach this immorality of LGBT.

Like I said, morality is a great thing for each of us to impose upon ourselves. It is unconscionable for anyone to use their vote seeking to impose their "morality", especially if I consider it immoral, upon my grand children via a government school. The government was NEVER granted this authority.

FWIW, I opposed and voted against a constitutional amendment here in Kansas, one that defined a marriage as being between one man and one woman. I opposed that amendment which passed in Kansas even though that is my person belief and morality. I opposed it because I believe government should not be used to limit the rights of an individual via an amendment. The respective Constitutions were never intended to limit the rights of the individual. They were intended to limit the power and authority of government.

What does this https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...m-be-taught-in or this https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...aw/2743028002/ have to do with educating my grandchildren, if not to impose another person's morality (immorality in MY opinion) upon my grandchildren? This https://www.massresistance.org/docs/...ory/index.html is NOT acceptable when using my tax dollars to brainwash children into accepting as normal and therefore as moral, something which "I" believe is not moral.

I do not believe the religious right should be allowed to impose THEIR morality upon my children or grandchildren via tax supported, government run schools any more than the left should be allowed to impose THEIR morality (immorality in MY opinion) upon my children or grandchildren. Our schools are failing to teach proper reading and writing. They are failing to teach good sound fundamental math. They are failing to teach in general, but they can waste tax payers' money, MY money, teaching that Johnny has two dads who [insert perverted imagery here] because they love each other and that by disapproving of what Johnny's two dads do a person is somehow a bigot?

The ONLY morality our children and grandchildren should be taught in school is do all you agree to do and do not encroach upon the rights or property of another.

Then again, that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.
^^^^^ You see all of the above as a moral issue. Some might look at your first link as 'an opportunity to learn about people who are different', rather than seeing any moral issue. Atheists, for example, probably don't see any moral issue....and the United States is not a theocracy.

Being that the United States is not a theocracy, people who don't fall under the Judeo-Christian 'umbrella' are allowed just as much input/giving their '2 cents' as Christians and Jews are re what is taught in public schools.

You might not like that and of course, if it bothers you enough, you are certainly free to send your kids to private schools.

ETA: You wrote in another post that the sole purpose of government is to secure individual rights. If you truly believe that, then the belief about public schools that would be consistent with that is that they shouldn't exist. Following that, if they shouldn't exist, then caring what is taught there....which would by the act of caring itself validate the existence of said schools....would be contrary to a mission of eliminating said schools.

Last edited by RMESMH; 04-10-2019 at 07:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies