Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2019, 05:39 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Wonderful. Pat yourself on the back for your clever internet victory and call it a day. You’re the winner here.
Aww, don't go away maaaad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2019, 05:49 PM

623 posts, read 234,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
So why are you so bugged out about LGBTQ people if what they do in their bedrooms and private lives are of no concern to you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Except you seem to think that what they do in their bedrooms with other adults means that they are actively interested in your children. That's an unwarranted conclusion - otherwise known as 'irrational'.
I already CLEARLY explained this especially to SilverKris since we have been going back and forth for 2 hours about this. Go back and read what I said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
As long as what? As long as they keep that hidden from public view? As long as they don't insist on the right to legal marriage that everyone else has? As long as they don't hold hands in public, a completely accepted gesture among heterosexuals?
I can't stop any of that but that does not mean I have to nor will accept it. I can give people an evil eye or make a comment if I see something that disgusts me. I don't think I have ever seen people like that where I live...I have in other cities but not here..They don't have a legal right to marry,the constitution has been so bastardized its disgustingly sad.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:52 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
I already CLEARLY explained this especially to SilverKris since we have been going back and forth for 2 hours about this. Go back and read what I said.

I can't stop any of that but that does not mean I have to nor will accept it. I can give people an evil eye or make a comment if I see something that disgusts me. I don't think I have ever seen people like that where I live...I have in other cities but not here..They don't have a legal right to marry,the constitution has been so bastardized its disgustingly sad.
How does their love diminish the value of your own life, or your own marriage?

Unless you live outside the US, (maybe you do) gays have the right to marry in your state.

And the fact that you don't see gays doesn't mean they aren't there. They are.

What does the constitution say about marriage? Oh that's right. Nothing.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
(referring to the bold) Hate to break it to you, but actually they do have a legal right to marry. Obergefell vs. Hodges, 2015.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:54 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,820,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
As long as what? As long as they keep that hidden from public view? As long as they don't insist on the right to legal marriage that everyone else has? As long as they don't hold hands in public, a completely accepted gesture among heterosexuals?
If Republicans had their way, I'm certain it would be illegal for gay people to hold hands in public. Homosexuality would still exist, as it always has, but it would be pushed deep into the closet.

Part of the reason American Republicans are so sympathetic to Putin is they like his anti-gay propaganda law.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:58 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,820,981 times
Quote:
(referring to the bold) Hate to break it to you, but actually they do have a legal right to marry. Obergefell vs. Hodges, 2015.
Half the country is still throwing a tantrum about that SCOTUS decision and refuses to accept it. And they have the nerve to criticize liberals for not accepting the results of the 2016 election because we refuse to worship Donald Trump as divine leader.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:59 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Half the country is still throwing a tantrum about that SCOTUS decision and refuses to accept it. And they have the nerve to criticize liberals for not accepting the results of the 2016 election because we refuse to worship Donald Trump as divine leader.
Half? Are you sure HALF of Americans are against Gay Marriage?

Maybe half of the people YOU know.

The latest PEW research shows 32% of Americans oppose it, and that percentage has been in decline.

It would be interesting to know, among those who are most vehemently against it, what their private sexual orientation is.

'Cuz - do you care at all if people are Vegan? I doubt it. If they hoard cats? Doubt it.

Why care what other people do with their love, behind closed doors? THAT'S the million dollar question.

Old 04-09-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Well, expect them to not give up. The Masterpiece Cake Shop case, for example. No victory is permanent.

Look at the anti-abortion folks - did they fold after Roe vs. Wade in 1973?

Old 04-09-2019, 06:08 PM

2,090 posts, read 3,577,846 times
If the sight of two gay men is so offensive to you that you have to make an insulting comment at them, you are pathetic and very possibly a closeted homosexual and lashing out due to sexual frustration.

Old 04-09-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Well, expect them to not give up. The Masterpiece Cake Shop case, for example. No victory is permanent.

Look at the anti-abortion folks - did they fold after Roe vs. Wade in 1973?
I don't expect them to give up - I expect them to die off.

This next generation is, by and large, COMPLETELY accepting of their gay peers.

Once the older generations die off, this hatred of other people's life style and choice of partners will die with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies