Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2019, 08:24 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Why has religion been the safe harbor for the ignorant? Sure seems like it with the crap they spew...
The very same people who are against people being taught that sexuality differs......are all well and good with tax-deductible cults that teach and preach about a Male Lord above the clouds who knows your every thought.

Who wouldn't thought?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 08:26 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,823,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
^^^^^ You see all of the above as a moral issue. Some might look at your first link as 'an opportunity to learn about people who are different', rather than seeing any moral issue. Atheists, for example, probably don't see any moral issue....and the United States is not a theocracy.

Being that the United States is not a theocracy, people who don't fall under the Judeo-Christian 'umbrella' are allowed just as much input/giving their '2 cents' as Christians and Jews are re what is taught in public schools.

You might not like that and of course, if it bothers you enough, you are certainly free to send your kids to private schools.

ETA: You wrote in another post that the sole purpose of government is to secure individual rights. If you truly believe that, then the belief about public schools that would be consistent with that is that they shouldn't exist. Following that, if they shouldn't exist, then caring what is taught there....which would by the act of caring itself validate the existence of said schools....would be contrary to a mission of eliminating said schools.

I do agree that government run public schools, paid for with tax payer money, shouldn't exist... HOWEVER most State Constitutions provide for them to exist. Those same State Constitutions do not grant those government run facilities to push morality, one way or another. Liberals fight tooth and nail to get religion and religion based morality removed from schools, then turn right around demanding that they be allowed to push THEIR will, beliefs, morality (immorality in MY opinion) and dictates upon children from pre-K all through 12th grade and even in college, at tax payers' expense.

FWIW, I am the only person commenting on this thread who is consistent and true to their belief that morality is a great thing for us to impose upon ourselves, not others.

Teaching children as young as 2 that trans gendered people are normal and that we shouldn't view them as the mentally ill people they are is wrong. I feel sorry for transgendered people. I wish them well and hope they live their lives as they see fit. All I'm opposed to is the willful indoctrination being pushed upon our children and grandchildren, in an attempt to normalize that which isn't normal, LGBT. When less than 10% of the world's population is some form of LGBT, they are the outliers, NOT the norm.

The false claim is these educators are attempting to teach kids to treat all people with respect and not bully people due to their differences. They can do this without attempting to normalize an outlying condition. If transgender and cisgender were the norm, the word transgender would have origins pre-1970 and cisgender would not have been a new word to be added to the Merriam-Webster dictionary in April of 2017. https://www.merriam-webster.com/word...gender-meaning

Another poster correctly pointed out that this whole LGBT thing is simply more cultural Marxism which is also known as political correctness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjaBpVzOohs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrx6xU_bwxM

Old 04-12-2019, 09:29 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
I don't agree with his opinion, but he's allowed to have his opinion.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:38 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
While I agree he’s only saying this ‘like any politician‘ to play to his voters, and for those people who are Christians things like this make them look bad.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:38 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,731,911 times
Wow, if that's the biggest threat, I guess we're doing pretty good. What a dumb@ss.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:40 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

As others are allowed to have and voice their opinions of him. I certainly wouldn't look toward him for any guidance in life.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:41 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
So-called "christians"...

So counter to the word of Jesus.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
As others are allowed to have and voice their opinions of him. I certainly wouldn't look toward him for any guidance in life.
Yeah, I kinda covered the everyone can have their opinion thing.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
While I agree he’s only saying this ‘like any politician‘ to play to his voters, and for those people who are Christians things like this make them look bad.
Of course, all of these jackoffs wet their thumb and stick it in the air and then set their opinions and views accordingly.

It's like with the Dems on the illegals, 2006 they all voiced opinions about how the border need to be secure, blah blah blah.

Now you got those two asshats stooges Pelosi and Schumer lecturing the American people about border walls being immoral and their caring about the poor people of Latin America and all of that crap.

These politicians only care about whatever they think will keep them in power.

It makes me sick.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:50 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
you people forget that it isnt just about gay rights, but rather the full acceptance of lifestyles that at one time were abhorrent to society as a whole. like when we accept abortion as normal, and then wonder why murder rates go up, or why there are mass shootings, or why violent crime is on the rise.

or when we give a little slap on the wrist when children commit shoplifting, and then wonder why they grow up to be criminals.

or when we accept less than the best from people, and then wonder why everyone has a bad attitude when dealing with people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies