Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2019, 08:48 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Please tell me exactly which Obama policy "turn[ed] things around and triple[d] the djia off the bottom."
Obama came in and bailed everybody out, which I totally disagreed with. I think we should have taken our lumps back then. That was the beginning of all the quantitative easy crap and what started the stock market on its upward trajectory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2019, 09:38 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,170,583 times
https://twitter.com/tictoc/status/1128280063496065024

Trump is borrowing billions from the US Treasury to build a mountain of unsold soybeans. What a legacy!

Old 05-14-2019, 09:43 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Obama came in and bailed everybody out, which I totally disagreed with. I think we should have taken our lumps back then. That was the beginning of all the quantitative easy crap and what started the stock market on its upward trajectory.
Trump is wanting to bail people out.

Old 05-14-2019, 09:56 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
None of you can actually name anything that Trump has done that is wrong except to parrot opinion from Huffco.

Remember I also said the Russian thing was all made up. How did you do on that?

Which Russian thing are you referring to? The part about Russian interference in our election, which was proven? I agree that, so far, no evidence of Mr. Trump or his campaign actively conspiring with the Russians, although Mr. Trump certainly accepted the stolen emails to read out at his rallies.

Also, do you agree with President Trump's assertion that the Chinese pay the tariffs directly into our Treasury?

Old 05-14-2019, 10:11 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,632 times
Boo hoo, the chinese are throwing a fit. Funny, they called us greedy and arrogant which is exactly what they are. How are we the greedy ones when we run a $400 billion trade deficit? Sorry China, the easy money train is coming to a halt, your retaliation is weak.

This is what it looks like when an American president stands up to the Chinese. The Chinese cannot scare or intimidate us, either they play fair and negotiate in good faith or they get more tariffs and lose America and its companies manufacturing jobs which will have an enormous impact on their economy. The rest of the world should follow Americas lead, this is how you confront China and hold them to account. The buyers always have more leverage than the sellers, thanks to competition, it’s how it’s always been.

Old 05-14-2019, 10:25 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Farmers are speeeeeeeeecial
Got to keep the ethanol and corn syrup flowin
Wow. I agree with you

Old 05-14-2019, 10:34 AM

25,581 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
U.S. taxpayers pay twice: we pay the tariff "border tax" plus we pay the debt being taken out to prop up farmers going bankrupt.
You screamed like the dickens when there was a tax cut.
Now you scream like the dickens because there is a tax increase.

Old 05-14-2019, 10:36 AM

25,581 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Between that and all those illegals caught working at trump properties, I don't know how Maga fans can go to sleep at night being that hypocritical
You campaigned to let them in.
Don't you want them to have jobs?

Old 05-14-2019, 11:23 AM

7,682 posts, read 5,533,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
The rest of the world should follow Americas lead, this is how you confront China and hold them to account.
I was curious about the rest of the world, googled and found this, a list of trade deficits and surpluses China has with the rest of the world:

https://wits.worldbank.org/CountryPr...ner/by-country

As you can see, other countries have much smaller trading gaps with China. Some countries such as Japan, South Korea, Australia and Germany even have surpluses.

Old 05-14-2019, 12:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I was curious about the rest of the world, googled and found this, a list of trade deficits and surpluses China has with the rest of the world:

https://wits.worldbank.org/CountryPr...ner/by-country

As you can see, other countries have much smaller trading gaps with China. Some countries such as Japan, South Korea, Australia and Germany even have surpluses.
That's because they didn't allow their greedy manufacturing base run off to China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies