Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 12:00 PM

2,180 posts, read 640,460 times

Advertisements

White America is not racist as a whole. America is not a "racist society," though like any place, there are racist people who live there.

In fact, white America (indeed, the "white western world") is less racist and provides more opportunities and equality for minorities than any country in the world where black or brown people are the majority.

So "white" people, "white supremacy," "whiteness," etc. are not real issues in 2019, no matter what left wing media will have you believe while ignoring the fact that "non-white" countries treat their minority populations like ****.

Old 06-20-2019, 12:17 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
White America is not racist as a whole. America is not a "racist society," though like any place, there are racist people who live there.

In fact, white America (indeed, the "white western world") is less racist and provides more opportunities and equality for minorities than any country in the world where black or brown people are the majority.

So "white" people, "white supremacy," "whiteness," etc. are not real issues in 2019, no matter what left wing media will have you believe while ignoring the fact that "non-white" countries treat their minority populations like ****.
Are you black? I think only black people are qualified to make those statements

Old 06-20-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Are you black? I think only black people are qualified to make those statements
Why rely on subjective feelings when facts can show us the truth.

So let's see.... African immigrants out-earn all other people in America. Black women are now the most educated single demographic group in the country. But I guess "white America" is out to hold black people down?

Asians are well ahead of white people in America for income, and are incarcerated less than any minority group - including white. Guess that's ole' whitey showing his racist ways?!

A minority religious group - Jewish people - are 2% of the population, and 30%+ of all high earning professionals in the US and over 50% of billionaires.

America is basically raising Latino children for them, all on the tax payer dime (more than 50% are Medicaid births and assistance programs)... and yet white America is a horrid spectre of hatred.

"White straight America" is oppressing everyone, right? It's SOOOO terrible here. It's not like interracial crime isn't disproportionately minority-on-white. No no, we are told lies that blacks are "under attack" from whites and "fear for their lives." Absolute nonsense. Objectively. Statistically.

And, it's not like a million and one programs don't exist to help the motivated minority get every leg up possible. Nah, nothing like that exists in America.

I guess white people should take lessons from black and brown people on how to be "non-racist," since countries where black and brown people are the majority treat minorities just wonderfully. White people should definitely feel guilty for the societies they inhabit. Compared to the rest of the world they sure are **** places to be a racial, sexual or religious minority, huh?

PS: Do you know that if every child in America actually was raised in a two parent household, that child poverty would essentially vanish? This goes for all colors. This is probably the #1 inter-generational problem that can be fixed from the inside, only. African American poverty rate would drop like a rock, and the opportunities and success of its children would skyrocket.

Old 06-20-2019, 12:31 PM

628 posts, read 663,288 times
Facts:
The average black iq is 80 (75 is functionally retarded)
70% of black children are raised fatherless
Blacks commit 50% of all violent crime (they are 13% of population)

There is no other race on the planet that would put up with such a burden. Whites should be commended.

Old 06-20-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Why rely on subjective feelings when facts can show us the truth.

So let's see.... African immigrants out-earn all other people in America. Black women are now the most educated single demographic group in the country. But I guess "white America" is out to hold black people down?

Asians are well ahead of white people in America for income, and are incarcerated less than any minority group - including white. Guess that's ole' whitey showing his racist ways?!

A minority religious group - Jewish people - are 2% of the population, and 30%+ of all high earning professionals in the US and over 50% of billionaires.

America is basically raising Latino children for them, all on the tax payer dime (more than 50% are Medicaid births and assistance programs)... and yet white America is a horrid spectre of hatred.

"White straight America" is oppressing everyone, right? It's SOOOO terrible here. It's not like interracial crime isn't disproportionately minority-on-white. No no, we are told lies that blacks are "under attack" from whites and "fear for their lives." Absolute nonsense. Objectively. Statistically.

And, it's not like a million and one programs don't exist to help the motivated minority get every leg up possible. Nah, nothing like that exists in America.

I guess white people should take lessons from black and brown people on how to be "non-racist," since countries where black and brown people are the majority treat minorities just wonderfully. White people should definitely feel guilty for the societies they inhabit. Compared to the rest of the world they sure are **** places to be a racial, sexual or religious minority, huh?

PS: Do you know that if every child in America actually was raised in a two parent household, that child poverty would essentially vanish? This goes for all colors. This is probably the #1 inter-generational problem that can be fixed from the inside, only. African American poverty rate would drop like a rock, and the opportunities and success of its children would skyrocket.
Other minorities have it way better, no doubt about it.

But let me ask you, does the great education of black women translate into great jobs?

Old 06-20-2019, 12:51 PM

73,016 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
Plenty of successful blacks (which includes African Americans, African and Caribbean Immigrants) still think there is plenty of racism in society, not just downtrodden or unsuccessful African Americans like a lot of people here think. I work with blacks who make well into six figures and believe me they are not shy around me when they say they feel like they have dealt with and still deal with discrimination.

If you never heard black immigrants talk about how racists they feel society is, then they probably don't feel comfortable talking about it to YOU . As a black immigrant myself, I often find a lot of us are just not as vocal about it around whites as African Americans are. My best friend in college was Nigerian, initially when he first came over he did not think this country was racist and that African Americans complained to much. Over a decade later he changed his tune. I can't even lie there was a time where I sounded like a hardcore conservative on racial issues, until I had my N**** wake-up call in my 20's.

African Americans are not the only people who call out racism in society as many people here act. Look at England where a large portion of the black community is of Caribbean descent and they have been vocally frustrated by racism for decades. Many of the most vocal critics of American racism were foreign born themselves (Marcus Garvey, Stokley Carmicheal). Then again the sentiment here is not surprising, watch videos from the 1960's and most of the whites shown on film did not think black folks had a reason to be upset even with all the crap going on.
My father did what he was suppose to do. He went to school, got a degree, and he has done alright for himself. Made a decent career for himself in engineering. However, it has not been an easy road. He's been in situations where he has been discriminated against. He has had a few times where he has been out of work for more than 6 months at a time. He has seen racism both up front and covert racism. He's not a downtrodden man. He will speak to me about the racism he has experienced. He might tell a close friend of his. However, he won't talk about his experiences with just anyone. Some people don't talk about their experiences for a reason.

My theory is this. I know why there are times I don't talk about racism I've experiences with just anyone. I might rant here about it. However, there aren't alot of people I vent to these days. I understand that many people just don't want to hear me. They want me to "shut up" and "quit playing the race card". When you know some individuals won't listen and don't care, there are cases you learn to keep your mouth closed. And it can really anger me to have to hold certain things in.

I have heard some Black immigrants talk about racism they have experienced. Some have spoken about the police harassing them, in the Atlanta area. As an American Black person, this reminds me that Africans and Afro-Caribbean immigrants to this country still deal with racism, even if sometimes they are given a "limited model minority" status.

In a big way, it makes sense that foreign-born Blacks were speaking out about racism in the 60s. In that time, if you were Black, you would find out very quickly how hated you were. Now, with Caribbean immigrants to the USA, they are coming with a different narrative. They are coming because they choose to come. They come with the idea that it will be better in the USA. The whole dream of "work hard and good things will come to you". Marcus Mosiah Garvey had experienced some racism in his native Jamaica. He came to the USA and found things were no better for Blacks. He found that Jamaican immigrants in Costa Rica experienced discrimination and restrictions. Garvey started understanding that wherever the Black man went, in the Western Hemisphere, the Black man was at the bottom. He felt that the only way Blacks could experience any kind of peace, to be treated as human beings, was to go to Africa and build a nation there. I think his travels exposed him to things the average Black American at this time wouldn't experience. Everything Black Americans knew came from being in the South or going to northern urban centers. Garvey had been to other parts of the Caribbean as well as the USA.

I also think about something else. American Blacks have been at the very bottom from day one. And no one coming to the USA wanted to be at the bottom. A person coming here might be looked down on and discriminated against, but they were considered somewhere between being White and being Black.

Old 06-20-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Other minorities have it way better, no doubt about it.

But let me ask you, does the great education of black women translate into great jobs?

Here you go:

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cpsee_e16.htm

For black women age 25 and over, the unemployment rate is basically on-par with white folks. A percentage point here and there, but not a chasm of difference.

There are more jobs in America than people to fill them right now. Wage and earnings gaps will close as women and black women gain critical mass in the higher earning fields (assuming they study high paying fields).

Old 06-20-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Here you go:

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cpsee_e16.htm

For black women age 25 and over, the unemployment rate is basically on-par with white folks. A percentage point here and there, but not a chasm of difference.

There are more jobs in America than people to fill them right now.
Black men have it alot worse. Black men are more likely to be unemployed than Black women. Black women might be looked down on. Some men (even some Black men) might view Black women as unattractive. However, Black women are more likely to get hired than Black men. Black men are the #1 demographic that watched their own unemployment rates rise between 2018-2019.

Old 06-20-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
Facts:
The average black iq is 80 (75 is functionally retarded)
70% of black children are raised fatherless
Blacks commit 50% of all violent crime (they are 13% of population)

There is no other race on the planet that would put up with such a burden. Whites should be commended.
I don't believe those IQ data. IQ tests are a rather complex issue. I find it outright ridiculous when Senegalese etc. are basically put on the chimp level...

Last edited by Neuling; 06-20-2019 at 01:10 PM..

Old 06-20-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
I don't believe those IQ data. IQ tests are a rather complex issue. I find it outright ridiculous when Senegalese etc. basically put on the chimp level...
Some people think of Black people as nothing more than "apes", "chimps", and "monkeys". This is why stuff like IQ is appealing to some people. Some people view Blacks as inferior anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies