Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 02:20 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,711,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
That's racist.
I'm black too grasshopper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 02:26 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You’ve pegged what I hate about so many black conservatives. They think they’re special because they’ve opted for conservative politics over liberal politics...it’s laughable. The black community isn’t even liberal to begin with.

It’s white conservatives that have told them that nonsense about being exceptional just because they vote Republican
. Lol
This is very true.

I'll note I have voted Republican before on the local/state level and when white conservatives find out they want to parade me around as their black token. Not going to happen. I'm not the type of black person that they usually like or think is exceptional because I don't agree with their "colorless" views and to them, that makes me a liberal no matter who I vote for lol.

When they hear me talk about "white supremacy" they scatter lol. Especially when they try to bring up how more black people should vote Republican since it is the "party of Lincoln." I remind them that many black people were/are conservative in a lot of ways but the 21st century Republican party, similar to the leadership of the late 19th and early 20th century Republicans, they have an issue accepting the fact that white supremacy ideology is still at play in America and they don't want to talk about it. When a black person does - they are no longer exceptional to the GOP/white conservative. It is kind of funny to me.

Old 07-09-2019, 03:55 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
I would ask this confused young man why do white Republican politicians gerrymander black people out of their districts if they are so willing to help them.

Old 07-10-2019, 12:18 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,842 times
More blacks would probably vote republican if the right would not have been so heavily demonizing us for decades. I know many blacks who are anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage and are even against reparations but none of them want anything to do with the republican party at all. You can't expect black people to join you when you say we all vote democrat because we all get our special welfare check for being black from them and saying that we don't want to work and that's why we vote the way we do. Don't even get me started with the plantation and slave references so many love throwing out here in regards to the black vote. I swear conservatives claim to not see color and say racism doesn't exist, but let a democrat engage in racist behavior and conservatives are all over it, but silent about their own party's racism.

I have seen many posters on this board alone throw out racial insults, even go as far as telling black posters here in responses that the black posters live in section 8 housing and are on welfare. You can't insult folks and then wonder why they are apprehensive of you and your politics. Add to the fact that I never hear republicans give any sort of plan to help improve this country, it's all about some anti-Obama or anti-Hillary rhetoric in every ad. I am in not crazy about the democratic party, but at the same time I will not be casting my vote for the republican party, not now or anytime soon!!

Old 07-10-2019, 11:42 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL - I had a similar thought

Oh LAWD!!! Another token negro video for the conservatives showing us their preferred version of black folks lol.
I feel the same way. I have no problem with a Black person having some conservative views. There are some issues I take a conservative view of. However, I have a problem with someone getting a Black conservative and then saying "see, he's conservative. More Black people should vote Republican". I have a problem with some Black conservatives who take a critical, cold view of the Black population.

Old 07-10-2019, 05:53 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
More blacks would probably vote republican if the right would not have been so heavily demonizing us for decades. I know many blacks who are anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage and are even against reparations but none of them want anything to do with the republican party at all. You can't expect black people to join you when you say we all vote democrat because we all get our special welfare check for being black from them and saying that we don't want to work and that's why we vote the way we do. Don't even get me started with the plantation and slave references so many love throwing out here in regards to the black vote. I swear conservatives claim to not see color and say racism doesn't exist, but let a democrat engage in racist behavior and conservatives are all over it, but silent about their own party's racism.

I have seen many posters on this board alone throw out racial insults, even go as far as telling black posters here in responses that the black posters live in section 8 housing and are on welfare. You can't insult folks and then wonder why they are apprehensive of you and your politics. Add to the fact that I never hear republicans give any sort of plan to help improve this country, it's all about some anti-Obama or anti-Hillary rhetoric in every ad. I am in not crazy about the democratic party, but at the same time I will not be casting my vote for the republican party, not now or anytime soon!!
And this is something many people aren't getting, or simply choose to ignore. If the right kind of Republican was running for office, more Blacks would likely support that person. I find alot of stupidity in those who claim that Blacks only vote for free stuff and then turn around and expect Blacks to vote Republican. Sad, and stupid. And yes, the "plantation" reference is bigoted as well.

In my opinion, there is alot of resentment towards Black voters. It's a matter of "we want Republicans in office and Blacks are a stumbling block in that process".

Old 07-21-2019, 07:55 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Indeed- it is unfortunate, as if most black Americans thought like that kid, perhaps they would be better off.
Listen, Americans have been hearing that 'govt help breeds dependency' trope for over 100 years.

Pre-New Deal, American had no social safety net nor programs that helped the poor or working laborers. Were there any fewer desperate poor people or workers that lives hand-to-mouth? No. They weren't forced to be more self-reliant -- they just stayed dependent upon their means of existence.

Then, workers decided to organize to demand better pay and working conditions. It was first looked upon as un-American -- that only the bosses should set wages. The politicians in the pockets of the bosses sent the police out to stop organizing. So the workers, realizing they could vote, through out the anti-labor politicians. Labor finally was able to bargain with management and workers got higher pay.

Years later, seeing that senior citizens who worked all their lives, were destitute in the streets, created Social Security. Johnson, seeing that seniors and the poor couldn't buy health insurance, created Medicare and Medicaid, respectively. Johnson recognizing that black people were being discriminated against, wrote the Civil Rights Act and the constitutional amendment to ban poll taxes.

As we see from history, government programs that help people don't come out of the blue -- they are a reaction and response to social and market failures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies